post #5461 of 5579 Old 06-23-2020, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Harmony Elite

Anyone else wish...

1) when screen is locked, the devices and activities buttons are locked too? I can’t tell you how many times I unlock the screen only to find I am on the devices screen and not the activities screen.

2) offer the option to unlock the screen with some type of tap, maybe double tap?

I am so frustrated with the swipe to unlock as I am constantly doing it more than once to get the screen to unlock.

I love the Elite’s functionality but absolutely HATE the touch screen. Give me the Elite functionality in a remote like the old Harmony One remote and that would be my dream remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5462 of 5579 Old 06-24-2020, 05:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Anyone else wish...

1) when screen is locked, the devices and activities buttons are locked too? I can’t tell you how many times I unlock the screen only to find I am on the devices screen and not the activities screen.

2) offer the option to unlock the screen with some type of tap, maybe double tap?

I am so frustrated with the swipe to unlock as I am constantly doing it more than once to get the screen to unlock.

I love the Elite’s functionality but absolutely HATE the touch screen. Give me the Elite functionality in a remote like the old Harmony One remote and that would be my dream remote.
1. Never happens to me. What is this "lock screen" you are talking about? When I start an activity, put the remote on the table the screen darkens, and then pick it up the screen wakes up the activity detail.
2. just shaking the remote wakes the screen up
I never use swipe for anything, so it operates just like the Harmony One for me, just better.
post #5463 of 5579 Old 06-24-2020, 06:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Harmony Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPlayer View Post
1. Never happens to me. What is this "lock screen" you are talking about? When I start an activity, put the remote on the table the screen darkens, and then pick it up the screen wakes up the activity detail.
2. just shaking the remote wakes the screen up
I never use swipe for anything, so it operates just like the Harmony One for me, just better.

In the remote setting(on the remote itself), you can set it to lock the screen, after a set interval, to prevent accidental touches. This requires a screen swipe to unlock it. This is separate from the raise to wake. With that enables, you raise to a lock screen with the time on it and have to swipe.

The problem is, even when the screen is locked, the activities and devices button still function behind the lock screen. So, when the screen is locked, if you accidentally press the device screen or even re-press the activities button when picking it up, when you unlock the screen, you end up on the list of devices/activists instead of the screen you were on when it locked.

They need to make it so the activities and devices buttons are also disabled when the screen is locked or off.

For now, I have the tilt sensor off and screen lock off, so when you pick it up, you have to touch the screen in order to wake it up. This helps not having to swipe but since the activities/devices buttons are always active, it doesn’t prevent accidental presses of those buttons.

FYI, the Harmony One that I was referring to was the old one that was all physical buttons, including physical numeric buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 06-24-2020 at 06:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5464 of 5579 Old 06-25-2020, 04:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
They need to make it so the activities and devices buttons are also disabled when the screen is locked or off.
I am actually happy it does not work this way... so I guess if they did make a change I would hope there was a way to leave it the way it is today.

LG OLED65C9, Yamaha RX-A3080, Paradigm Reference Studio 80 Mains, Atmos 5.1.4 config, Panasonic UB820, PS4 Pro, Apple TV 4K
post #5465 of 5579 Old 06-25-2020, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Simplink ARC

Really struggling getting my LG C8 and Marantz 8805 to work with the Elite. My watch TV activity is foiled I think by the LG’s Simplink HDMI / CEC function that is needed for the audio return channel. When I run the watch TV activity, this function is changing the input from cbl/sat (needed for tv) to Tv Audio (needed for Netflix). If I disable ARC, then the tv viewing works fine, but I need to reenable arc to watch Netflix or Prime on the native tv apps. I know I could switch to optical out for prime and Netflix, but prefer to use ARC.

It seems like a simple but kludgy solution would be to have the elite send another cbl/sat input command after everything has started, but I don’t even see a way to do that. I know this must effect a bunch of people. What are your thoughts? Thanks for your time!

Kevin

Kevin
post #5466 of 5579 Old 06-25-2020, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmayerkmayer View Post
Really struggling getting my LG C8 and Marantz 8805 to work with the Elite. My watch TV activity is foiled I think by the LG’s Simplink HDMI / CEC function that is needed for the audio return channel. When I run the watch TV activity, this function is changing the input from cbl/sat (needed for tv) to Tv Audio (needed for Netflix). If I disable ARC, then the tv viewing works fine, but I need to reenable arc to watch Netflix or Prime on the native tv apps. I know I could switch to optical out for prime and Netflix, but prefer to use ARC.

It seems like a simple but kludgy solution would be to have the elite send another cbl/sat input command after everything has started, but I don’t even see a way to do that. I know this must effect a bunch of people. What are your thoughts? Thanks for your time!
There are two possible solutions:
1. If all the startup commands have been completed, and then the TV Audio selection kicks in, then try increasing the power on device delay. Mine was increased from 2 to 6 seconds, but you may need more.
2. The software does not allow you to send the standard input selection command as an addition to the startup commands. You have to "learn" this command from the original remote. Name it something like HDMI-CATV. Then add a delay step, maybe 10 seconds, and then add this command to the startup sequence.
post #5467 of 5579 Old 06-25-2020, 07:20 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 4102 Post(s)
Liked: 3421
Quote:
Doesn't the LG have a separate "audio only" setting for CEC? Its supposed to do ARC but not HDMI control. I thought the C8 had that.
post #5468 of 5579 Old 06-25-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPlayer View Post
There are two possible solutions:
1. If all the startup commands have been completed, and then the TV Audio selection kicks in, then try increasing the power on device delay. Mine was increased from 2 to 6 seconds, but you may need more.
2. The software does not allow you to send the standard input selection command as an addition to the startup commands. You have to "learn" this command from the original remote. Name it something like HDMI-CATV. Then add a delay step, maybe 10 seconds, and then add this command to the startup sequence.
Thanks so much for the suggestions! I’ll give them a try tomorrow.

Kevin
post #5469 of 5579 Old 06-25-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Doesn't the LG have a separate "audio only" setting for CEC? Its supposed to do ARC but not HDMI control. I thought the C8 had that.
It does, but when you try to use ARC, you get a message that says you need the full Simplink enabled to use ARC. Seems weird, but that is what I’m seeing. I did notice my marantz 8805 seems to have more granular control too, so that might be an option.

Kevin
post #5470 of 5579 Old 06-26-2020, 04:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Liked: 654
Quote:
It does, but when you try to use ARC, you get a message that says you need the full Simplink enabled to use ARC. Seems weird, but that is what I’m seeing. I did notice my marantz 8805 seems to have more granular control too, so that might be an option.
use the Marantz settings. they've allowed ARC to be on without enabling HDMI-CEC settings for input switching/power on-off/etc... AFAIK

Sony xbr65x850c Side Blooming test clips:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...br65x850c.xlsx
post #5471 of 5579 Old 06-26-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp787 View Post
use the Marantz settings. they've allowed ARC to be on without enabling HDMI-CEC settings for input switching/power on-off/etc... AFAIK
This worked perfect. So glad they include this flexibility. One of the things I really like about big name equipment vs. boutique high end.

Kevin
post #5472 of 5579 Old 06-26-2020, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 21
myharmony app for pro 2400

i am new to the harmony ecosystem and just setup my pro 2400. i use the term setup loosely - my devices are added. i am trying to figure out how to add activities and navigate the UI but one thing i was wondering based on posts in this thread, how is it possible to access the myharmony app on computer. when i try to use it i am directed to the ios app to make any changes.

apologies for posting in the elite thread, there isn't a dedicated users thread for the pro 2400 and i believe the are many similarities between the elite and the pro 2400.

thank you
post #5473 of 5579 Old 06-27-2020, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Any Yamaha RXa2060 30?? users here?
I would like to use my two YAPO presets (one for music and one for movies) but mostly for eq purposes, to eq the highs (horns) just a tad hotter and to make sure it’s always in 2 channel mode.

I have setup a step program from the start and it works fine but, when you use it the second time the Yamaha mode button will go into a different first step which won’t work twice.

Any ideas?
post #5474 of 5579 Old 06-27-2020, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile75 View Post
I would like to use my two YAPO presets (one for music and one for movies) but mostly for eq purposes, to eq the highs (horns) just a tad hotter and to make sure it’s always in 2 channel mode.

I have setup a step program from the start and it works fine but, when you use it the second time the Yamaha mode button will go into a different first step which won’t work twice.

Any ideas?
Just a guess, but try creating two different activities.
post #5475 of 5579 Old 06-29-2020, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Is IconHarmony.com down?

Over the past week I've tried to access IconHarmony.com using several different browsers without success. Was wondering if it's a temporary outage or if it's down for good?
post #5476 of 5579 Old 06-29-2020, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbgeek View Post
Over the past week I've tried to access IconHarmony.com using several different browsers without success. Was wondering if it's a temporary outage or if it's down for good?
ICON Harmony is not associated with MyHarmony or Logitech you need to check with the web site
post #5477 of 5579 Old 06-29-2020, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post
ICON Harmony is not associated with MyHarmony or Logitech you need to check with the web site
I'm aware that IconHarmony.com is a separate Website. Attempting to browse to it doesn't produce a result - just the usual browser waiting animations.
post #5478 of 5579 Old 06-29-2020, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbynw View Post
i am new to the harmony ecosystem and just setup my pro 2400. i use the term setup loosely - my devices are added. i am trying to figure out how to add activities and navigate the UI but one thing i was wondering based on posts in this thread, how is it possible to access the myharmony app on computer. when i try to use it i am directed to the ios app to make any changes.

apologies for posting in the elite thread, there isn't a dedicated users thread for the pro 2400 and i believe the are many similarities between the elite and the pro 2400.

thank you
Yep, There are indeed many similarities but being able to use the computer app to make changes is NOT one of them. That was the most infuriating thing about the 2400 to me. I've been using one since launch and love the extra's over the regular elite hub though.
post #5479 of 5579 Old 06-29-2020, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile75 View Post

Any ideas?
Can’t you assign your presets to one of the colour buttons, have it so a short press is your preset for movies and a long press is your music preset? You can also find the preset buttons on the remote screen under your Yamaha AVR and it’ll bring up all the buttons on the original remote, you can rearrange the buttons too. By preset do mean the SCENE feature in the Yamahas?

Ascend Sierra-2 LCR | Ascend HTM-200 Surrounds | Rythmic E15HP | Yamaha RX-A780 | Samsung HU8550

Last edited by Wade.; 06-29-2020 at 03:38 PM.
post #5480 of 5579 Old 06-29-2020, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade. View Post
Can’t you assign your presets to one of the colour buttons, have it so a short press is your preset for movies and a long press is your music preset? You can also find the preset buttons on the remote screen under your Yamaha AVR and it’ll bring up all the buttons on the original remote, you can rearrange the buttons too. By preset do mean the SCENE feature in the Yamahas?

Ya, no. I wish it was a simple preset but instead it’s part of the YAPO setup routine inside the menus. Yamaha gives you two presets so you can compare one against the other and it’s buried inside the menus routine, no quick one touch button for that.
I do know what you mean about that setup button and I could do that for switching from 2 channel mode to Dolby mode but it is not what I need exactly. Yamaha......
post #5481 of 5579 Old 06-30-2020, 07:41 AM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 3311 Post(s)
Liked: 1532
When I look at complete command lists for Yamaha in protocol documents, I see over 400 discrete commands, some of which are preset related. How did you conclude the commands you want don’t exist, just by looking at Harmony’s list or actually looking at Yamaha’s list?

EDIT: In the Yamaha list I have, I see 8 SCENE presets, 6 VIDEO presets, and 35 PROGRAMs (Hall, Church, Sports, Game, etc.). Would one of those serve your purpose?

Last edited by mdavej; 06-30-2020 at 12:40 PM.
post #5482 of 5579 Old 07-02-2020, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 134
I have a Harmony Elite Remote/Hub, which I purchased in Dec 2015. In the last year, it has not worked as well as it used too. Would buying a new one change anything or do I need to keep troubleshooting my current one?

First issue was that the battery starting draining quickly. I purchased an OEM Harmony replacement battery and it is still drain just as fast.

The other issues are all related to the programming. My current setup is Sony A9G 77 TV, TIVO Roamio OTA DVR, ATV4 and AT&T Osprey Box.

Issues:

- the remote usually turns every command on, but it can take a while to turn on the tv and also the input.

- sometimes the input will not switch at all or change to the incorrect input.

- when using favorite channels icons on the OTA TiVo, the remote will sometimes not change to the correct channel, ie it only submits half the channel number.

Usually using help will correct these issues, but can not figure out why they are occurring now.

Anyone have any ideas? I can’t imagine a new remote would fix any of this, as I don’t think anything has changed in 5 years, unless my remote is just going bad. Thanks!

Sony A9G 77
post #5483 of 5579 Old 07-02-2020, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 3311 Post(s)
Liked: 1532
Usual suspects are HDMI CEC for the input switching issues, and inter-key delays too long on the Tivo.

Don't know what to tell you regarding the battery.
post #5484 of 5579 Old 07-02-2020, 03:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregF2 View Post
I have a Harmony Elite Remote/Hub, which I purchased in Dec 2015. In the last year, it has not worked as well as it used too. Would buying a new one change anything or do I need to keep troubleshooting my current one?
Reports on replacement batteries for Harmony products, laptops etc. is mixed. Some think there are a lots of cheap knockoffs. Really hard to tell. Maybe try one from another source.

Have you changed settings in any of the other AV components, setup a new wifi, moved the blasters around, or done any firmware updates between when they were working fine and now?

It you can see the Hub from where you use the Elite, does the light flash as you press any key or command?

If none of the above then you need to either keep troubleshooting, or wipe everything and start from scratch. I have not seen any reports of the Elite or Hub gradually failing. They either work or they don't. If you plan to start from scratch then take lots of notes, photos, and screen prints to speed up the recreate.
post #5485 of 5579 Old 07-03-2020, 03:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregF2 View Post
Anyone have any ideas? I can’t imagine a new remote would fix any of this, as I don’t think anything has changed in 5 years, unless my remote is just going bad. Thanks!
I'd at least try moving the hub a bit to see if it improves things. Also, try locating a mini-blaster near the device(s) that don't seem to be working quite right as perhaps they need a signal boost (I did that for my directv dvr).

The inter-key delays and the repeats could be fiddled with also.

Perhaps your router is too far away from the hub so wifi signal is not strong enough to be reliable?
(I was reading some amazon reviews on wifi routers just the other day, and one of the user reviews mentioned harmony elite key press delays were seemingly reduced with a better/faster router.)
post #5486 of 5579 Old 07-03-2020, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi, so I am looking to purchase the Harmony Pro 2400 and I was wondering if I could install the system myself. Is an authorized dealer absolutely required? Will I be able to create/edit activities on my own? Also, the desktop application apparently isn't DIY with this remote, which is dumb, but I'm assuming I could just use the app for all of my programming???

I'd appreciate any insight!
post #5487 of 5579 Old 07-03-2020, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman425 View Post
Hi, so I am looking to purchase the Harmony Pro 2400 and I was wondering if I could install the system myself. Is an authorized dealer absolutely required? Will I be able to create/edit activities on my own? Also, the desktop application apparently isn't DIY with this remote, which is dumb, but I'm assuming I could just use the app for all of my programming???

You can absolutely do everything yourself on the app, which you will have to, as the desktop program does not work with the 2400 pro. And yes, it is "dumb" that you can't use the desktop program! (why harmony, WHY?)
post #5488 of 5579 Old 07-03-2020, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipca204 View Post
Quote:

You can absolutely do everything yourself on the app, which you will have to, as the desktop program does not work with the 2400 pro. And yes, it is "dumb" that you can't use the desktop program! (why harmony, WHY?)
Excellent news! I figured as much, just wanted some more clarification because there isn't much talk about this remote on the net. And it does stink the desktop app doesn't work, but the mobile app is pretty darn good.

Also, thank you for replying so fast. Looks like I am buying this. Awesome.

I have another question though...would I have any problems adding this remote to my current Harmony account? I have an elite that will be used in another room. Shouldn't be an issue right??
post #5489 of 5579 Old 07-03-2020, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 5223 Post(s)
Liked: 3240
Quote:
Excellent news! I figured as much, just wanted some more clarification because there isn't much talk about this remote on the net. And it does stink the desktop app doesn't work, but the mobile app is pretty darn good.

I have another question though...would I have any problems adding this remote to my current Harmony account? I have an elite that will be used in another room. Shouldn't be an issue right??
No problem, right on the Harmony desktop app on the Home page there's a section that reads something like "Add Harmony Remote". I don't like to use the mobile app so not sure about that one but I'm sure it's just as simple to do.

lujan
697 Ultra HD
742 HD
4 SD
post #5490 of 5579 Old 07-03-2020, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

no problem at all. will look like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2400.png
Views:	38
Size:	290.7 KB
ID:	2752386  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page