post #2401 of 3851 Old 02-09-2018, 05:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 979 Post(s)
Liked: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_snow View Post
See if you can change it on the remote itself. Gear icon/Settings/Devices/Hub Assignments and select your TV. I stopped using IP control because of problems with long presses. I couldn’t figure out how to switch back from IP to IR so I deleted and then re-added the device and now when the Harmony app asks if I want to switch to IP control I always decline.
I am thinking those are the only two ways to get it to switch....either delete and re-add and don't setup as WiFi, or get the remote to think IP has failed (like mine did) and offer to switch to IR. I also get the screens every once in a while asking if I want to switch back, which I also decline.
ChiroVette likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 3851 Old 02-09-2018, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
I am thinking those are the only two ways to get it to switch....either delete and re-add and don't setup as WiFi, or get the remote to think IP has failed (like mine did) and offer to switch to IR. I also get the screens every once in a while asking if I want to switch back, which I also decline.

Well, since I couldn't figure out a way to force the IP to fail, I decided to try an experiment. I created a second device for that TV, which is at the bottom of the page of devices on the remote. Convenient, since I only need to access the reboot once every week or two. Anyway, it was originally called Sony Bravia XBR75X840D (2) (lol love the 2) but I renamed it to Bravia Reboot for now to avoid any possible confusion. I then made sure to reject the IP scan and bypass it, choosing IR instead. Then I programmed the "DVR" button as I did the first time, and as you guys asserted, it works perfectly.

As of now, I only have a total of 12 devices, including the duplicate, so I will leave it alone for now, since even with the duplicate entry for the TV, I still have three more slots for devices. When I get ambitious, over the weekend or next week, I will set to editing all my Activities that have the Bravia set in them, and add the new one to replace the old Bravia Device, before deleting the original one. Hopefully this won't screw with my Activities. Though I will have to re-edit the screen buttons similar to the way I edited the buttons on the original device on the remote.

Thanks, guys!
post #2403 of 3851 Old 02-09-2018, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1561 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiroVette View Post
Well, since I couldn't figure out a way to force the IP to fail, I decided to try an experiment. I created a second device for that TV, which is at the bottom of the page of devices on the remote. Convenient, since I only need to access the reboot once every week or two. Anyway, it was originally called Sony Bravia XBR75X840D (2) (lol love the 2) but I renamed it to Bravia Reboot for now to avoid any possible confusion. I then made sure to reject the IP scan and bypass it, choosing IR instead. Then I programmed the "DVR" button as I did the first time, and as you guys asserted, it works perfectly.

As of now, I only have a total of 12 devices, including the duplicate, so I will leave it alone for now, since even with the duplicate entry for the TV, I still have three more slots for devices. When I get ambitious, over the weekend or next week, I will set to editing all my Activities that have the Bravia set in them, and add the new one to replace the old Bravia Device, before deleting the original one. Hopefully this won't screw with my Activities. Though I will have to re-edit the screen buttons similar to the way I edited the buttons on the original device on the remote.

Thanks, guys!
No problem. Wow you’re within three of the max!

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 32GB 5th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Logitech Harmony Elite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2404 of 3851 Old 02-10-2018, 02:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_snow View Post
No problem. Wow you’re within three of the max!
Well, 4 if you don't count the duplicate of my Living Room TV I created just for the purposes of rebooting the set lol. But Its very easy to run out of "devices" on this unit, as I have found. I use the Harmony in my living room and bedroom. In the living room, I have 6 devices (TV, XBox One, PS4 Pro, Cable Box, Receiver, A/C) and in the bedroom I have 5 (Regular 55" TV, 32" TV used as PC monitor, PS3, Cable Box, Receiver for bedroom sound system). This is fine, and eventually I will delete the duplicate "12th device" that I am using now solely to reboot the TV.

But to be honest, I think 15 devices is actually too limiting as I may eventually have to buy a second Harmony. Why? Because usually I have two of all consoles in both the bedroom and living room. But for some reason I only have the one PS4/XBox in the living room and the PS3, used for streaming and some older games in the bedroom. But I have a second PS3 not even hooked up yet, just sitting in the console in my living room lol. And I have two 360s I never use. But when I get my second PS4 and XBox for the bedroom and if I decide to hook up my second PS3 in the living room, then what? Also, what happens when I decide to stop using the game consoles for 4K Blu-Ray playback and get a couple of Oppo players, one for each room? I am also considering getting a FireTV for both rooms when Amazon improves the platform.

Right now the big draw of FireTV is that it is the most incredible streaming device in terms of Alexa compatibility and functions. The thing is literally built to be controlled verbally, and give the end user far more control over streaming content without even touching a remote. But before I even think about FireTV, I want Amazon to improve it a little AND I also need to get my Harmony working better for me than it does. There are a few little technical issues I am working through right now.

The point is that the only reason I haven't run out of devices on the Harmony yet is because I have been being VERY VERY conservative about hooking up my normal amount of devices in both my rooms. You may ask yourself, why PS3 and PS4? The answer is that Sony has decided, in their infinite stupidity, NOT to make the PS4 backward compatible, and I still have a ton of PS3 games I play. Anyway, its very easy to see how one can easily run out of a 15 device limit.

My short term solution is to be a little conservative about my consoles, streaming units, and things that do some repetitive functions, for the moment, like FireTV, etc. But at some point, when I really dial everything in, and start completely modernizing both bedroom and living room, there is no way 15 devices for the Harmony will cut it. My planned solution for, say 6 months or more down the line, will be to WAIT and see what the next model Harmony is and buy a second remote, one for each room. The Elite is coming up on 3 years old, and surely Logitech will come out with the next model fairly soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Merc View Post
I cannot get volume to work? Please provide ideas or function setup. Frustrated......

Thank you
What activity, device, and under what conditions do you not have volume?
post #2405 of 3851 Old 02-10-2018, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Merc View Post
I cannot get volume to work? Please provide ideas or function setup. Frustrated......

Thank you
uh, maybe a bit more info. how do you have the remote setup? is it set to control the volume of the tv or the soundbar? does it work with the sony remote? are both devices power on and on the right inputs? is the tv set to send audio to the soundbar? (via HDMI, optical, etc...)???

Sony xbr65x850c Side Blooming test clips:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...br65x850c.xlsx
post #2406 of 3851 Old 02-10-2018, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp787 View Post
uh, maybe a bit more info. how do you have the remote setup? is it set to control the volume of the tv or the soundbar? does it work with the sony remote? are both devices power on and on the right inputs? is the tv set to send audio to the soundbar? (via HDMI, optical, etc...)???
Found the solution. From the beginning Volume on the Elite would not control the Sony 5000 Soundbar’s Volume. From my PC’s MyHarmony program I unassigned the Elite’s Volume toggle. Next, I using the Soundbar’s remote I transmitted its Voume toggle to the Elite’s Volume toggle. The final step was to move a Elite Hub Blaster so it sent the commands to the Sony Soundbar. All is working.
bp787 likes this.

Sony 4K XBR55X930E, Sony 4K UBPX800 Blu-Ray Player, Sony HTST 5000 SoundBar, DirecTV 4K HS17 w/2 Mini Genies, Panamax MR5100 Power Manager, Harmony Elite Remote, Monoprice Cables
post #2407 of 3851 Old 02-12-2018, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Unsolicited Tip:

Hey everyone! I am sure that most of the more experienced Harmony users will already know this, but I also know there are a lot of people new to the Harmony line, like me, that may not. So I wanted to offer a tip to anyone who didn't realize this could be done: For the first week of owning the Harmony Elite, I have been struggling mightily with the screen being too sensitive. So if I am watching TV in the dark, which I do a lot, then I find that while groping for the remote to change a channel, streaming programming, device, blue-ray, volume, app, or whatever, I would very often accidentally hit the screen and cause all kinds of annoyances. Sometimes I would accidentally shut down the activity I was watching lol, open up another, change an HDMI or Receiver input, and what have you.

But I decided to hunt through the settings and I noticed that I could lock the screen, which I didn't know. So once I toggled on screen lock, now in order to activate the screen and have access to the virtual-buttons, I have to swipe left, right, up, or down. Since the vast majority of stuff I do while inside a stream, Blu-Ray, cable channel, or game can be done with the hard buttons, having an extra small step to unlock the screen causes absolutely ZERO inconvenience, and I almost never accidentally hit buttons on the screen now. You still have to be a little careful since I have actually accidentally swiped the screen on while reaching for the remote, but this is quite rare. In truth, locking the screen has been a real Godsend for me, as when I do need the screen, a very easy swipe unlocks it.
49Merc and grtuck like this.
post #2408 of 3851 Old 02-12-2018, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Unsolicited Tip:

Hey everyone! I am sure that most of the more experienced Harmony users will already know this, but I also know there are a lot of people new to the Harmony line, like me, that may not. So I wanted to offer a tip to anyone who didn't realize this could be done: For the first week of owning the Harmony Elite, I have been struggling mightily with the screen being too sensitive. So if I am watching TV in the dark, which I do a lot, then I find that while groping for the remote to change a channel, streaming programming, device, blue-ray, volume, app, or whatever, I would very often accidentally hit the screen and cause all kinds of annoyances. Sometimes I would accidentally shut down the activity I was watching lol, open up another, change an HDMI or Receiver input, and what have you.

But I decided to hunt through the settings and I noticed that I could lock the screen, which I didn't know. So once I toggled on screen lock, now in order to activate the screen and have access to the virtual-buttons, I have to swipe left, right, up, or down. Since the vast majority of stuff I do while inside a stream, Blu-Ray, cable channel, or game can be done with the hard buttons, having an extra small step to unlock the screen causes absolutely ZERO inconvenience, and I almost never accidentally hit buttons on the screen now. You still have to be a little careful since I have actually accidentally swiped the screen on while reaching for the remote, but this is quite rare. In truth, locking the screen has been a real Godsend for me, as when I do need the screen, a very easy swipe unlocks it.
I've had my elite for a couple of years now and every once in a while I discover a little something that makes my experience with the Elite better.Good to hear others are too !!!
ChiroVette likes this.
post #2409 of 3851 Old 02-12-2018, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Shield and Fire TV

I've just moved from a Touch to the Elite. Much nicer. I ported over my devices and activities from the Touch to the Elite. I couldn't control the Shield and Fire TV with the Touch because I didn't have a Hub. Now with the Elite I can, sort of. Whenever I start either of those activities, the Elite defaults to control my Android Sony TV, which the Touch controlled via IR. (I have successfully paired the Shield and Fire TV.) How do I get the Elite to distinguish between these three Android devices?
post #2410 of 3851 Old 02-12-2018, 01:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Unsolicited Tip:

glad you found that setting, but to toot my own horn, i do believe I mentioned that to you awhile back...

post #2411 of 3851 Old 02-12-2018, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Unsolicited Tip:

Wow this is awesome. I’ve had mine for about a month and change and didn’t know this. I actually removed most on screen buttons because of this grabbing it at night and accidentally hitting buttons I didn’t want to hit. So I left mine blank. Now with this I can actually put some buttons back on and be safe. It even looks nicer with a big ol time stamp, kinda like a cell phone. 👍

Samsung 3D UN65H7150;Yamaha RX-A2070 5.2.4 Atmos/DTS-X
Def Tech L&R Promonitor 1000 Procenter 2000 Promonitor 800 ceilings & surrounds
SVS PC12 Plus-Klipsch KSW150 Sub;Monster HTS 2600MKII Power Conditioner
Oppo UDP-103 Bluray;Apple TV 4th Gen;Harmony Elite;PlayStation 4
AC Infinity Aircom T8;MediaLight Quad Bias Light
post #2412 of 3851 Old 02-12-2018, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki11abee View Post
Wow this is awesome. I’ve had mine for about a month and change and didn’t know this. I actually removed most on screen buttons because of this grabbing it at night and accidentally hitting buttons I didn’t want to hit. So I left mine blank. Now with this I can actually put some buttons back on and be safe. It even looks nicer with a big ol time stamp, kinda like a cell phone. 👍
You could also try changing the touch duration so that it takes longer than an accidental touch to activate a screen button.
mtbdudex likes this.
post #2413 of 3851 Old 02-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp787 View Post
glad you found that setting, but to toot my own horn, i do believe I mentioned that to you awhile back...
I don't remember you talking about that at all. I just looked over the past couple of pages, where I complained about the touch sensitivity, and the only thing I could find on this was mjwagner advising me to look at the touch duration, which I forgot about so I haven't tried it out yet. I could be wrong, though. Perhaps you mentioned it earlier than that. Either way, incredibly useful. So thank you for either mentioning it or meaning to lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki11abee View Post
Yeah its really cool! I have not had any accidental activation in a day or two. Also I like that with the screen lock you get a nice, big LCD clock on the on the screen instead of buttons. Since it is still possible to grab the remote and accidentally swipe the screen while doing so, I think I am going to try mjwagner and Shrike's suggestions of changing the touch duration as well as an extra measure,
post #2414 of 3851 Old 02-12-2018, 09:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't remember you talking about that at all. I just looked over the past couple of pages, where I complained about the touch sensitivity, and the only thing I could find on this was mjwagner advising me to look at the touch duration, which I forgot about so I haven't tried it out yet. I could be wrong, though. Perhaps you mentioned it earlier than that. Either way, incredibly useful. So thank you for either mentioning it or meaning to lol.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-rem...l#post55540930

post #2415 of 3851 Old 02-13-2018, 05:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 1479
Harmony Elite

Hey, nice suggestions on the screen lock and touch duration, I’ve experienced the dreaded “oops I touched the screen now it changed” and it sucks ... did you actually add in the screen lock as a step in the activity routine, so it’s there automatically?

Also, I’d then program a hard button as screen un-lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2416 of 3851 Old 02-13-2018, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Harmony and HITlights

Hey guys
I have programmed the receptacle hard button on the elite to be able to turn on my HITlight LED strips on and off, using an insteon swithed receptacle.

The LED lights have an RF remote also, so I'm able to dim and toggle the different colours.
Has anyone tried to teach or is the elite capable of doing these functions, rather then having to always use the supplied LED RF remote?
The LED supplier said they didn't think it was possible for the harmony to dim or toggle the different colours.

Thanks

CineMoe 3.0 Atmos 7.2.4 build in progress
JVC RS540 | EluneVision Reference 4K Audioweave 150" 2.35:1 | Anthem MRX-1120 |OPPO UDP-203 | Definitive Tech BP8060ST, CS8060HD, 4x SR8040BP, 4x Atmos DI 6.5R | Dual HSU VTF-3 MK5 subs | Ultralink HDC-150RM power conditioner | Harmony Elite | 8x Sonos Connect Amps| Monoprice 12AWG speakerwire, certified HDR HDMI |
post #2417 of 3851 Old 02-13-2018, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
Hey, nice suggestions on the screen lock and touch duration, I’ve experienced the dreaded “oops I touched the screen now it changed” and it sucks ... did you actually add in the screen lock as a step in the activity routine, so it’s there automatically?
Just click the gear icon on the upper left corner of the remote. Then go to:

Settings > Remote > Screen Lock/Timeout to turn on the screen lock. Turn on the Screen Lock button and set the time you want. This will automatically lock the screen after inactivity of whatever amount of seconds you set.

Settings > Remote > Touch Duration
to adjust the Touch and Hold Duration for Activities.
mtbdudex likes this.
post #2418 of 3851 Old 02-13-2018, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe80 View Post
Hey guys
I have programmed the receptacle hard button on the elite to be able to turn on my HITlight LED strips on and off, using an insteon swithed receptacle.

The LED lights have an RF remote also, so I'm able to dim and toggle the different colours.
Has anyone tried to teach or is the elite capable of doing these functions, rather then having to always use the supplied LED RF remote?
The LED supplier said they didn't think it was possible for the harmony to dim or toggle the different colours.

Thanks
You should definitely be able to do this. It sounds like right now you are only using a built in hard button and have not added your lights as a device. I was able to do it with an air conditioner that is a little older and NOT even a Smart AC, and I have the full function of the remote available on the Hub and not even limited to IR.

Just open up your MyHarmony app on the PC (I am sure you can do it on your phone as well, but I use the PC more, so I know these instructions work). Then click on the Devices tab. Then to the left of your listed devices, click on the + button to add your lights. The app will ask you for the manufacturer and model number of the device (your lights). This should all work assuming your lights are close enough to your Hub or IR Blasters. My AC is on the other side of the room from both my Hub and Blasters.

Adding the not-Smart AC as a device basically put ALL remote control functions into the device on my Harmony Elite.
post #2419 of 3851 Old 02-13-2018, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2972 Post(s)
Liked: 1329
HITlight is not in Harmony's compatibility list:
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/compatibility

If supported, RF devices would NOT need to be located near your hub or IR blasters.

If you had gotten the IR remote for your lights instead of RF, Harmony would have been able to control them.
post #2420 of 3851 Old 02-13-2018, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hey guys

Thanks
RF control is only for the Remote to Hub. can't be used for other devices.

post #2421 of 3851 Old 02-13-2018, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 243
I've been trying to find where on the Harmony (either the app via PC or mobile etc) you can add Air conditioners. I see them mentioned as devices on the logitech site, but I can't for the life of me figure how to add them. Are they somehow added under home automation or something else?
post #2422 of 3851 Old 02-14-2018, 08:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
I've been trying to find where on the Harmony (either the app via PC or mobile etc) you can add Air conditioners. I see them mentioned as devices on the logitech site, but I can't for the life of me figure how to add them. Are they somehow added under home automation or something else?
You can do it with the PC/Mac app or your phone. I prefer using my PC as much as possible for the Elite, since it is much easier to navigate with a keyboard and Mouse than the virtual screens and more limited cell phone menus.

Anyway, just open the MyHarmony program, navigate to "Devices," then click on "Add Devices." You will then get a pop up box asking you for the manufacturer and the model number of your device. You can also use the micro USB cable that came with your harmony to connect the remote to your PC and then you can get the Harmony to "learn" the remote from the remote of your other device that you are trying to add to the Harmony. This is a little more involved, and I haven't had to do it yet, but it is doable.
MOberhardt likes this.
post #2423 of 3851 Old 02-15-2018, 06:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
You should definitely be able to do this. It sounds like right now you are only using a built in hard button and have not added your lights as a device. I was able to do it with an air conditioner that is a little older and NOT even a Smart AC, and I have the full function of the remote available on the Hub and not even limited to IR.

Just open up your MyHarmony app on the PC (I am sure you can do it on your phone as well, but I use the PC more, so I know these instructions work). Then click on the Devices tab. Then to the left of your listed devices, click on the + button to add your lights. The app will ask you for the manufacturer and model number of the device (your lights). This should all work assuming your lights are close enough to your Hub or IR Blasters. My AC is on the other side of the room from both my Hub and Blasters.

Adding the not-Smart AC as a device basically put ALL remote control functions into the device on my Harmony Elite.
It won't work as the hub and the IR blaster are outside the room in a closet and the LED with RF are in the theater up in the soffit.
And since Hit Lights are supported, it won't work.
Thanks for the help

CineMoe 3.0 Atmos 7.2.4 build in progress
JVC RS540 | EluneVision Reference 4K Audioweave 150" 2.35:1 | Anthem MRX-1120 |OPPO UDP-203 | Definitive Tech BP8060ST, CS8060HD, 4x SR8040BP, 4x Atmos DI 6.5R | Dual HSU VTF-3 MK5 subs | Ultralink HDC-150RM power conditioner | Harmony Elite | 8x Sonos Connect Amps| Monoprice 12AWG speakerwire, certified HDR HDMI |
post #2424 of 3851 Old 02-15-2018, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It won't work as the hub and the IR blaster are outside the room in a closet and the LED with RF are in the theater up in the soffit.
And since Hit Lights are supported, it won't work.
Thanks for the help
I am not sure what the logistics of your setup or living space is, or the distance between your AC and the Hub/Blasters, but there may be a way around this. That is assuming your are not currently relying on both of the IR Blasters that came with the Hub. If using this A/C as an RC device is important enough to you, there is a DIY option for extending the range of your Hub with some adapters and extension cables:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-rem...-blasters.html

For my setup, for instance, in the living room, I have everything concentrated in one area, except my living room A/C, which is on the other side of the room. But even that device is still in range of my Hub and one of the IR blasters, apparently, since I have RC control over it. So, for my setup, I only need one IR Blaster in the living room. Why this is significant is because my bedroom is only about 12 feet away, and at the moment, all the devices in the bedroom are not being controlled by my Hub, but instead, I only have IR control over my bedroom PC monitor, bedroom TV, bedroom sound system, bedroom cable box, as well as other devices. The IR Blaster does not reach into the bedroom. Furthermore, even if it did, those devices are too far away from the Hub. So even if I did a DIY setup like in the link above, and ran the IR Blaster all the way to the bedroom, which I could do easily enough, I would then have to choose only one device in that cluster of devices to control with the Hub via RC.

Note that all the devices are programmed in my remote, and at present I still have IR control over the bedroom devices. But I have to point the remote at all of them. Which is no biggie, but there actually is another solution. Something called the Logitech IR Precision Emitters:

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...sion-ir-cables

If I ever get ambitious, I can easily buy the cables in the first link I posted, as well as the IR Precision Emitter, and then stick each one of the four emitters right on the IR emitter of a device for a total of four devices that can now be added onto my Hub, long distance, as it were. You can probably go this route if like. The only thing is that from the way you are making it sound, the AC you want to control is by itself, and each leg of the emitter cable is only a few feet long. So in your case, if you really, really want RC control over your AC and it is a device that is sitting there all by its lonesome, meaning NOT close enough to other devices to make use of the Precision emitters necessary, you can then simply use ONE of the two IR Blasters you have run from your Hub with a very long extension setup, as listed in the thread I linked you to above.

The only caveat to my suggestion is that you would need to have one of your two Blasters not in use on your Hub. If both Blasters are being used right now, since there is no space for a third, this won't be a viable for you. But I am not sure if your current setup is only making use of one Blaster, as my setup is.

Of course, there is another possibility. If the AC is close enough to you where you need to use it, you can always just use it as an IR device and instead of having RC control over it, you can just resign yourself to having to point the Harmony remote at it rather than jumping through all those hoops to get it onto your Hub.

Last edited by ChiroVette; 02-15-2018 at 01:05 PM.
post #2425 of 3851 Old 02-15-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
... there may be a way around this.
That would be a great solution for an IR device. But his lights are RF, and an unsupported type of RF at that. They don't respond to IR at all. There are other models of that brand of lights which are IR, but his are not. So any solution that uses IR in any form is not going to work. Since it's not IR and it's not on the list below, there is no way to control them via Harmony.

post #2426 of 3851 Old 02-15-2018, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
That would be a great solution for an IR device. But his lights are RF, and an unsupported type of RF at that. They don't respond to IR at all. There are other models of that brand of lights which are IR, but his are not. So any solution that uses IR in any form is not going to work. Since it's not IR and it's not on the list below, there is no way to control them via Harmony.

I wasn't talking about the lights. My original response was about an Air Conditioner, and my follow up was also meant to apply to an air conditioner. The problem is that the original question was asked by MOberhardt, who I was answering, and then Moe80 said it wouldn't work. Since they have similar names, at least the first syllables, I mixed up the user names and thought I was responding to the first person lol and that we were still talking about Air Conditioners, NOT proprietary, unsupported RF lights.
MOberhardt and mdavej like this.
post #2427 of 3851 Old 02-15-2018, 03:18 PM

Ahhh... that makes "Mo" sense.

@MOberhardt , if you strike out, post the make/model of your AC unit. We may have codes in the JP1 database that you could email to Logitech and get the device added that way, assuming it's IR.
MOberhardt and JRomulus like this.
post #2428 of 3851 Old 02-15-2018, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Ahhh... that makes "Mo" sense.

@MOberhardt , if you strike out, post the make/model of your AC unit. We may have codes in the JP1 database that you could email to Logitech and get the device added that way, assuming it's IR.
Thanks

Yes, it is IR. At least I'm pretty sure - you have to be pointing directly at it. And it is one of those stateful ones I've heard mentioned - so if you hit power but aren't pointing at it, the remote then thinks the unit is powered, so if you then point at it and hit it again it is telling it to turn off (so nothing happens). It'd be great to have the harmony run it so I can have one of the emitters point directly at it.

The model is the Panasonic Econavi CS/CU-Z25TKR.

I'll have some more time on the weekend to play around (and may want to use it too - it is hot at the moment here in Australia!)
post #2429 of 3851 Old 02-15-2018, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
You can do it with the PC/Mac app or your phone. I prefer using my PC as much as possible for the Elite, since it is much easier to navigate with a keyboard and Mouse than the virtual screens and more limited cell phone menus.

Anyway, just open the MyHarmony program, navigate to "Devices," then click on "Add Devices." You will then get a pop up box asking you for the manufacturer and the model number of your device. You can also use the micro USB cable that came with your harmony to connect the remote to your PC and then you can get the Harmony to "learn" the remote from the remote of your other device that you are trying to add to the Harmony. This is a little more involved, and I haven't had to do it yet, but it is doable.
Omg this is awesome as I didn’t even think of controlling my AC with this. I have the Frigidaire WiFi AC. I hit add device like u said, entered FGRC0844S1 as the model and it found it. Now I can control it with the remote and or app. Awesome. Thanks a lot for this. Keep finding things on here that make me love this remote even more

Samsung 3D UN65H7150;Yamaha RX-A2070 5.2.4 Atmos/DTS-X
Def Tech L&R Promonitor 1000 Procenter 2000 Promonitor 800 ceilings & surrounds
SVS PC12 Plus-Klipsch KSW150 Sub;Monster HTS 2600MKII Power Conditioner
Oppo UDP-103 Bluray;Apple TV 4th Gen;Harmony Elite;PlayStation 4
AC Infinity Aircom T8;MediaLight Quad Bias Light
post #2430 of 3851 Old 02-15-2018, 05:11 PM
Advanced Member

OK I think I figured how to add. It didn't have mine (CS-Z25TKR) but has another one that may work (CS-Z24RKR). I'll try it out over the weekend. If anyone with the Japanese DB has the other though that would be useful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page