post #2551 of 4257 Old 03-21-2018, 12:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 893 Post(s)
Liked: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman07 View Post
1. It was a bit of both, although I was trying to understand if being on a G network would affect how Alexa works.

2. Long story. One is on G and the other on AC/N. I've been looking at mesh solutions to replace both.

alexa shouldn't care about the G network. G is plenty fast for what alexa does. Your router setup could cause issues going between alexa and the harmony hub.I suggest them being on the same network if at all possible. depending on the router, it might not allow devices to go between them, even though everyone is on the same subnet... firewall rules, natting, etc...

Sony xbr65x850c Side Blooming test clips:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...br65x850c.xlsx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2552 of 4257 Old 03-21-2018, 01:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 395
I don't see why Alexa or Harmony would really care about speed (within reason)

But I think they'd need to be on the same one. I have two (same router though) in my house, and I had issues with my Harmony when it was on a different one than my computer I was working on.
post #2553 of 4257 Old 03-21-2018, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 331
G, N, AC all only improve buffering of streaming video, in that order. No relation to internet browsing. I think Superman just cross posted on all threads to get to the bottom of his issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2554 of 4257 Old 03-24-2018, 03:07 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Harmony Elite favorite channel problems with DTV

I have a new LG 65C7 TV and the Directv HS17 receiver. I bought an Elite remote and everything works well except the favorite channels. When I select a channel, I see the channel being displayed fast on the screen but about 70% of the time it misses one of the 3 directv channel numbers so the channel isn't recognized. For example, say channel 206 is a favorite. You'll see 26 or 06 or 26 displayed as it randomly misses one of the three digits. Happens on all my favorites. If I manually type in a channel or toggle up or down, the channel is always correct. It's like the favorite option sends it too fast for the receiver to take it. I called tech support and they had me resync the remote which seemed to work for about 10 channel changes and then it's back to missing a digit. I've even moved the hub around but doesn't help. Is there any way to slow the favorite channel transmission speed down with a delay?

Last edited by B767capt; 03-24-2018 at 03:42 AM.
post #2555 of 4257 Old 03-24-2018, 05:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by B767capt View Post
I have a new LG 65C7 TV and the Directv HS17 receiver. I bought an Elite remote and everything works well except the favorite channels. When I select a channel, I see the channel being displayed fast on the screen but about 70% of the time it misses one of the 3 directv channel numbers so the channel isn't recognized. For example, say channel 206 is a favorite. You'll see 26 or 06 or 26 displayed as it randomly misses one of the three digits. Happens on all my favorites. If I manually type in a channel or toggle up or down, the channel is always correct. It's like the favorite option sends it too fast for the receiver to take it. I called tech support and they had me resync the remote which seemed to work for about 10 channel changes and then it's back to missing a digit. I've even moved the hub around but doesn't help. Is there any way to slow the favorite channel transmission speed down with a delay?
Adjust the delay settings. In the MyHarmony app, select the remote from the gallery then select Your Devices, then select the device you need to adjust (in this case the DTV receiver), then Change Device Settings, then Device delay settings. Then try increasing the inter-key delay and see if you can resolve the issue.

Mark
post #2556 of 4257 Old 03-24-2018, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
Adjust the delay settings. In the MyHarmony app, select the remote from the gallery then select Your Devices, then select the device you need to adjust (in this case the DTV receiver), then Change Device Settings, then Device delay settings. Then try increasing the inter-key delay and see if you can resolve the issue.
Thank you so much for the quick and concise instructions. I never knew those options were in there. I moved the time from the default of 100 milliseconds to 200. So far out of 20 or so favorite channel changes, it works perfectly. I can see that the channel number is entered slightly slower and it's not skipping a digit. I really appreciate it.
Bill
post #2557 of 4257 Old 03-24-2018, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you so much for the quick and concise instructions. I never knew those options were in there. I moved the time from the default of 100 milliseconds to 200. So far out of 20 or so favorite channel changes, it works perfectly. I can see that the channel number is entered slightly slower and it's not skipping a digit. I really appreciate it.
Bill
YW. It has been my experience that Harmony tech support leaves a lot to be desired....to put it kindly.

Mark
post #2558 of 4257 Old 03-24-2018, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 4618 Post(s)
Liked: 2679
Quote:
YW. It has been my experience that Harmony tech support leaves a lot to be desired....to put it kindly.
I found the opposite to be true for me, they are usually the best and most willing to help even when you're out of warranty.
bp787 likes this.

lujan
561 Ultra HD
721 HD
4 SD
post #2559 of 4257 Old 03-24-2018, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
I found the opposite to be true for me, they are usually the best and most willing to help even when you're out of warranty.
Glad to hear that at least someone has had a good experience with them.

Mark
post #2560 of 4257 Old 03-24-2018, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I am trying to use ARC to control the power of my receiver and I was asking some questions in the Denon X-Series owners thread. I was told I need to remove the power on step for my receiver in my activities. I don’t see anyway to remove the power on step in my activities.

I went into the receiver device and set its power to “always on” and this seems to have worked and the TV will turn the receiver on and off when needed. Is this the correct way to address this, or is there a better way to handle it? See the post below, and if you can look at my previous posts up above it.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post55912734

Thanks
post #2561 of 4257 Old 03-24-2018, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
I am trying to use ARC to control the power of my receiver and I was asking some questions in the Denon X-Series owners thread. I was told I need to remove the power on step for my receiver in my activities. I don’t see anyway to remove the power on step in my activities.

I went into the receiver device and set its power to “always on” and this seems to have worked and the TV will turn the receiver on and off when needed. Is this the correct way to address this, or is there a better way to handle it? See the post below, and if you can look at my previous posts up above it.
The correct way is whatever works for your configuration. If all your activities use both the TV and AVR then this is fine.

The Denon has "discrete power on and off" commands, so sending multiple "on" commands will not affect its operation or control with the Harmony remote. Where the "always on" runs into problems is if you have an activity that uses the AVR but does not use the TV, e.g., listen to music. If this activity is selected it will not turn on the AVR and what you will need to do is add additional commands to the start and end activity to turn the AVR on and then off.

On solution to avoid the Home popup would be to add a command to each activity to select the required input. You will need to "learn" these commands from the Denon remote and use them in the appropriate activity. Yes,, these will be a duplicate of what the Harmony has in its DB, but for some unknown reason the Harmony will not send its DB input selection command.
49Merc and jdsnov73 like this.
post #2562 of 4257 Old 03-26-2018, 04:04 AM

Quote:
To add on to this discussion. I think now when I fast forward through a commercial during a recorded TV show, the resume play after the commercial is over seems to take longer to activate so it goes further into the program. I miss some of the show so I have to rewind slightly. By chance does adding this inter-key delay affect the FF/RW and play buttons too?
post #2563 of 4257 Old 03-26-2018, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
To add on to this discussion. I think now when I fast forward through a commercial during a recorded TV show, the resume play after the commercial is over seems to take longer to activate so it goes further into the program. I miss some of the show so I have to rewind slightly. By chance does adding this inter-key delay affect the FF/RW and play buttons too?
Changing the inter-key delay changes it for all buttons. I don't know for certain of it is causing the effect you are noticing as I have never really experimented with it and in this case you are only pressing a single button, not multiples so not sure "inter-key delay" would come into play in that scenario. It would depend on exactly how they implement it and I'm not sure how they do. Either way, it is always best to use the lowest inter-key delay setting possible that makes it work correctly.

Mark
post #2564 of 4257 Old 03-27-2018, 03:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
I posted this over in the "Official Roku 4k HDR" thread but didn't get any responses so I thought I should try here:

Is there anyone who uses their Roku Ultra with a Harmony Elite? I have issues where the Roku sometimes doesn't take the Elite commands or it takes several button presses before the Roku will recognize a command. It may be lagging but I keep pressing the remote buttons thinking it's not responding to commands? The Harmony seems to work great with all my other devices except the Roku. Do you know why this is or do I need to rerun the activity using the Roku? The only thing different is the Roku is now connected to the Oppo 203 HDMI input rather than the AVR's HDMI input.
You ever get this fixed? I've had this issue for about a year now and it's annoying. I already did a factory reset to the hub. Messed with the delay settings and re-did the activity.
post #2565 of 4257 Old 03-27-2018, 05:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey L View Post
You ever get this fixed? I've had this issue for about a year now and it's annoying. I already did a factory reset to the hub. Messed with the delay settings and re-did the activity.
Have you tried increasing the command repeats for that device?

Mark
post #2566 of 4257 Old 03-27-2018, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Have you tried increasing the command repeats for that device?
Yes sir.
post #2567 of 4257 Old 03-27-2018, 05:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes sir.
Is it controlled by IR or bt? If IR you could try re positioning the emitters or the hub. Outside of that I am only aware of 4 things that you could try, adjusting the command repeats, delay settings, relearn the command, or go thru the "fix a command" process for the command giving you trouble.

And if you have the option of controlling thru IR or bt try both and see which one works better.

Mark
post #2568 of 4257 Old 03-27-2018, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Is it controlled by IR or bt? If IR you could try re positioning the emitters or the hub. Outside of that I am only aware of 4 things that you could try, adjusting the command repeats, delay settings, relearn the command, or go thru the "fix a command" process for the command giving you trouble.

And if you have the option of controlling thru IR or bt try both and see which one works better.
Actually it can be any command. I'll be lets say scrolling through the channels and all of a sudden no response. Then after 2-3 seconds all the button presses suddenly come in to the roku. It wasn't always like this and believe it began after an update to either the remote or roku. Can't remember since it's been over a year now. The hub is controlling the roku via wifi.
post #2569 of 4257 Old 03-27-2018, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Actually it can be any command. I'll be lets say scrolling through the channels and all of a sudden no response. Then after 2-3 seconds all the button presses suddenly come in to the roku. It wasn't always like this and believe it began after an update to either the remote or roku. Can't remember since it's been over a year now. The hub is controlling the roku via wifi.
Sorry I won't be of much help on this. I ditched all my Roku's some time ago when I switched to all Anroid based streaming devices. Hope you get it solved.
Rey L likes this.

Mark
post #2570 of 4257 Old 03-27-2018, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
A possible fix is to unplug the roku when it gets this way, and maybe also the harmony hub if it still has issues. My Roku 3 gets that way every once in a while, and this does clear things up (it also worked for the previous poster with similar issues when I suggested this to him).
post #2571 of 4257 Old 03-28-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I want to follow up on this to help those in the future if they have this problem with Directv HS-17. Thanks mjwagner for your input as it helped for a day or so. Then I started to have less than a 50% successful channel change using favorites.

I finally called tech support a second time and with over 2 hours of troubleshooting, I finally have the favorite channel functioning properly. Level 2 tech support got involved. I think we hit every part of the program messing around with this so I learned a lot. What ultimately worked, and I'm not sure why is the repeat setting. First, they moved the inter-key as mjwagner suggested from the default of 100ms to 400, 500, 600 and it only got worse the higher it went. Then they played with the repeat settings. The default is 2 so they increased it to 4 and it got worse. It would always add a 4th digit for a 3 digit channel change. Going the other way they moved the repeat to 1 and that fixed it along with a default 100 ms inter-key delay. That seems to be the sweet spot as any value on either side of these 2 settings, doesn't work. This is the only hiccup I've had with this Elite as everything else has been great.
post #2572 of 4257 Old 03-29-2018, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I had a problem with my logitech elite where data from the ROKU activity would persist on the screen after changing to another activity. This obviously completely fouled up using the remote. The only way i could resolve this was to reboot the system. The problem was resolved in release 4.14.112 but unfortunately it is back with newest update 4.14.123.

Anyone else seeing this problem.
post #2573 of 4257 Old 03-29-2018, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3858 Post(s)
Liked: 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo1ss View Post
I had a problem with my logitech elite where data from the ROKU activity would persist on the screen after changing to another activity. This obviously completely fouled up using the remote. The only way i could resolve this was to reboot the system. The problem was resolved in release 4.14.112 but unfortunately it is back with newest update 4.14.123.

Anyone else seeing this problem.
This would be a display issue, not the Elite per se. But it sounds from your description that the input source is not changing. Whether that's happening in your display or an AVR depends on your setup, but something isn't changing its input.

1st make sure that the relevant devices are getting the IR commands OK, nothing blocking the IR, etc. Which ever device is supposed to be changing inputs, try adding a couple more command repeats to that device.
post #2574 of 4257 Old 04-05-2018, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
I just got the Elite and everything works except for my Epson LS10000 projector.

Anyone out there using this remote with this projector and get it to work?

I have an older Harmony 650 and it works just fine with the projector.
post #2575 of 4257 Old 04-05-2018, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgolf View Post
I just got the Elite and everything works except for my Epson LS10000 projector.

Anyone out there using this remote with this projector and get it to work?

I have an older Harmony 650 and it works just fine with the projector.
If you were using the 650 with the projector than the projector must be ir based. Are you using the remote itself to send out the ir control signals or the hub/emitters? If the hub/emitters then try repositioning it/them. Also make sure you have the settings for what controls the projector set correctly (hub/emitters/remote or some combination).

Mark
post #2576 of 4257 Old 04-05-2018, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
If you were using the 650 with the projector than the projector must be ir based. Are you using the remote itself to send out the ir control signals or the hub/emitters? If the hub/emitters then try repositioning it/them. Also make sure you have the settings for what controls the projector set correctly (hub/emitters/remote or some combination).
I've tried re-positioning the hub and emitters without success. I've tried using the app on my iPad and also using the Elite remote with the same results.

I initially copied the settings from the 650 and imported them to the Elite, when that didn't work I started over on the Elite with the same unfortunate results.
post #2577 of 4257 Old 04-06-2018, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgolf View Post
I've tried re-positioning the hub and emitters without success. I've tried using the app on my iPad and also using the Elite remote with the same results.

I initially copied the settings from the 650 and imported them to the Elite, when that didn't work I started over on the Elite with the same unfortunate results.
Next thing to try would be to adjust the command repeats for that device.

Mark
post #2578 of 4257 Old 04-07-2018, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Also try increasing the Inter-Device delay for the TV
post #2579 of 4257 Old 04-10-2018, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 546
New firmware update for elites today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony XBR-65A1E, XBR-55A1E, Marantz AV8805, AV7704
Naim SN2, Hi-Cap DR, ND5XS2, Naim Unity Core, Emotiva XPA-9, A-5175
Dynaudio Contour 30, Focus 210C, IC17, S4-W80, Emit 10, 2X JTR S1, SVS SB-2000
Panasonic UBD-820, Bluesound Node 2i, Ansuz Mainz C2 Power Distribution,X Power and speaker cables
post #2580 of 4257 Old 04-10-2018, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Liked: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
New firmware update for elites today.

What does it update?