post #2731 of 5120 Old 07-16-2018, 06:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post
Sadly its back to happening, i submitted logs to logitech, in the logitech forum the other poster posted this as well.

" All my problems started after the new Samsung Connect update. Have you done the update yet? It logs you into the new Samsung connect app, which will be taking over the old one. They are rolling out the update in phases. I tried rebooting all of my equipment and mine is still broken."

The poster also seems to follow smarthings more then me and believes its an issue with them now reporting 0 value when off for dimmer switches, the update by smarthings was released 10 days ago which coincides when this issue started for me. Not sure who I should be contacting.

He also posted this on the smarthings forum.

"Ever since this update my Logitech Harmony hub will not turn on the dimmer lamp modules and switches. When you press the lamp button in the log it says: setlevel>>value:0. You have to slide the dimmer level up in the Harmony app for it to turn on. In the Smartthings app I noticed it now says 0 on the level when it is off. Before it showed the current level (ex. 99) even when it was off, and Harmony worked correctly then. It seems as though in needs to see the setlevel anything other than 0 to turn on. Is there a way to fix this so it work with Harmony again. The regular switches work fine, the problem is only with the dimmers."
The Samsung app doesn't control how the hub works. The hub has it's own firmware that control everything. The elite also does not connect to the smartthings app.

My dimmers are STILL working fine.

Sony xbr65x850c Side Blooming test clips:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...br65x850c.xlsx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2732 of 5120 Old 07-16-2018, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp787 View Post
The Samsung app doesn't control how the hub works. The hub has it's own firmware that control everything. The elite also does not connect to the smartthings app.

My dimmers are STILL working fine.
I dont think thats what he is saying that its the app causing it, he is pointing out that its the changes smarthings is making recently to the system as a whole along with updates and people are having problems. I dont believe i logged into that app either. What he is saying is due to changes smarthings has made and rolled out to users slowly has changed how dimmer levels are reported and thus are confusing the harmony.

Honestly I am just very confused how yours are working fine unless he is right saying the changes are being rolled out in waves, i have not touched my harmony or smarthings in 6 months and everything was smooth sailing until this recent smarthings update, his ge dimmer switches are doing the exact same thing as mine.

The fact he has comb'd through the logging and confirmed what i am seeing also perplexes me you are somehow not having this issue with your in wall dimmer switches, at least not yet.

Last edited by Murilo; 07-16-2018 at 03:49 PM.
post #2733 of 5120 Old 07-16-2018, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Have a couple of questions. I have the Harmony elite.

1. Anyone using the Harmony app on an iPhone. Do you have any problem swiping left or right in an activity? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.

2. If I edit the favorite channels in the Harmony app on my iPad, is there a way to get those changes to show up on the iPhone? I tried going to Settings> Harmony setup> Sync, but that did not do it.

I never use the remote that comes with the Harmony elite so it's been sitting in the charging base ever since I got it about two months ago.

Sony XBR-55A9F OLED
Samsung SMT-H3272 HDC DVR Cable Box / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BD Player
Roku Premium+ 4k / AppleTV 4K 4th Gen
Denon AVR-X4500H AV Receiver / Klipsch 5.1.2 Speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2734 of 5120 Old 07-16-2018, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 5038 Post(s)
Liked: 3054
Quote:
the inputs on the samsung should be displayed IF there's a device connected to one of the inputs AND the device is powered on or in a "sleep" state. the input wouldn't show up in the list, though, if the device doesn't have a low power mode where the HDMI port is still active even when the device is off. The HDMI2 input works in an activity because you're turning that device on, then the tv "sees" something on that port.

I'd set the tv to display all inputs as normal (i.e. reset) and then try each macro. The macros are really picky. Does it look like the tv is trying to switch inputs? Perhaps there's a command delay or IR command repeat issue on the Harmony. I had to adjust my delays and repeats a bit to get the macro to be more stable.

Do you have anything on HDMI 3? if not, I'd move your HDMI2 device to HDMI 3. Then try the macro that says you have a device on HDMI3.

I don't think the macro will work if you have something on HDMI 1 or 2, but not 3. you need to have them sequential. plug stuff into HDMI 3, then 2, then 1 (depending on what you have). This way the macro can switch between active HDMI connections sequentially.
I finally got it to work (sort of) by changing the device on HDMI 2 to 4 and vice versa. It still will not go to HDMI 4 when selecting the activity that uses HDMI 4 but if I press the "Help" button it will correct itself. Before, it would never go to HDMI 4 so there is progress.

lujan
641 Ultra HD
729 HD
4 SD
post #2735 of 5120 Old 07-16-2018, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
I finally got it to work (sort of) by changing the device on HDMI 2 to 4 and vice versa. It still will not go to HDMI 4 when selecting the activity that uses HDMI 4 but if I press the "Help" button it will correct itself. Before, it would never go to HDMI 4 so there is progress.
do you have anything on HDMI 3?

post #2736 of 5120 Old 07-16-2018, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl L View Post
Have a couple of questions. I have the Harmony elite.

1. Anyone using the Harmony app on an iPhone. Do you have any problem swiping left or right in an activity? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.

2. If I edit the favorite channels in the Harmony app on my iPad, is there a way to get those changes to show up on the iPhone? I tried going to Settings> Harmony setup> Sync, but that did not do it.

I never use the remote that comes with the Harmony elite so it's been sitting in the charging base ever since I got it about two months ago.

Just like you I prefer using my iPhone, my wife likes the Harmony remote. On the first problem, I think it is very intermittent, so I do not use the swipe function. The second, if you use the supplied remote and cable via the USB port settings and let all activities sync through that, your iPhone/iPad should also be good. So best is to use the supplied cable and remote to modify settings!
Daryl L likes this.
post #2737 of 5120 Old 07-16-2018, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
do you have anything on HDMI 3?
Yes, I have devices on all the HDMI inputs.

lujan
641 Ultra HD
729 HD
4 SD
post #2738 of 5120 Old 07-16-2018, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Yes, I have devices on all the HDMI inputs.
do you have HDMI CEC enabled on the tv/devices? wondering if that could be causing you issues.

I'd still go look at the delays on input switching, inter-key delays, etc...

post #2739 of 5120 Old 07-16-2018, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanman View Post
Just like you I prefer using my iPhone, my wife likes the Harmony remote. On the first problem, I think it is very intermittent, so I do not use the swipe function. The second, if you use the supplied remote and cable via the USB port settings and let all activities sync through that, your iPhone/iPad should also be good. So best is to use the supplied cable and remote to modify settings!
Thanks much for the information. Much appreciated.

Sony XBR-55A9F OLED
Samsung SMT-H3272 HDC DVR Cable Box / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BD Player
Roku Premium+ 4k / AppleTV 4K 4th Gen
Denon AVR-X4500H AV Receiver / Klipsch 5.1.2 Speakers
post #2740 of 5120 Old 07-16-2018, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
do you have HDMI CEC enabled on the tv/devices? wondering if that could be causing you issues.

I'd still go look at the delays on input switching, inter-key delays, etc...
I turn off CEC on all devices but I think I'm done trying to get it to work completely. I'll just leave it as it is since it's such a pain to setup with Samsung TVs.

lujan
641 Ultra HD
729 HD
4 SD
post #2741 of 5120 Old 07-29-2018, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 143
How can I get the oppo203 to switch to input on the 203 when I start an activity ? I ask this cause I have my Roku 4K ultra hooked up through the oppo.
post #2742 of 5120 Old 07-29-2018, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 85
I could give you an answer, but last time I tried to get into MyHarmony on my Mac (a week or two ago) and now this time, I just get the swirling wait box after it displays my Harmony Elite remote. Anyone else having problems or not having problems? (I think last time I had to go to the iPad to do what I wanted to do, but also I recall having a hell of a time getting my hub and remote back to functional, so I think I'll pass on doing that again for a while.)

Anyone know a solution to get MyHarmony working again on Mac?
--
Anyway dvdmd1, it's pretty simple to get the input to switch, at least the way I did something just like it. I created a separate activity for the Roku and had both the Roku device and the Oppo 203 device as part of the activity and I believe there was a query during setup of the activity to select which input the Oppo would use.
--
(Just added getting MyHarmony to work again to my todo list, good thing I don't anticipate any more devices/changes in the near future.)
(Edit: In retrospect, I remembered that my hub/remote issues were due to my reassigning most of my IP addresses, so not the iPad after all.)

Last edited by fmalczewski; 07-29-2018 at 01:03 PM.
post #2743 of 5120 Old 07-29-2018, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
I could give you an answer, but last time I tried to get into MyHarmony on my Mac (a week or two ago) and now this time, I just get the swirling wait box after it displays my Harmony Elite remote. Anyone else having problems or not having problems? (I think last time I had to go to the iPad to do what I wanted to do, but also I recall having a hell of a time getting my hub and remote back to functional, so I think I'll pass on doing that again for a while.)

Anyone know a solution to get MyHarmony working again on Mac?
--

I know nothing about MAC's but in Windows 10 I've found you can't log in to Harmony from a administrator account (or if you're set up to only have one user login). You need to create a second user that is not admin and log into Harmony from there. Maybe there's something similar on a MAC. Just a thought.
post #2744 of 5120 Old 07-29-2018, 01:51 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2365
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotohead View Post
I know nothing about MAC's but in Windows 10 I've found you can't log in to Harmony from a administrator account (or if you're set up to only have one user login). You need to create a second user that is not admin and log into Harmony from there.
I have a long experience with Harmony remotes (1000, 1100, Elite) and Windows through the most current version of Windows 10 on a single user administrator account. I've never had a problem logging into my Harmony account. I haven't needed to configure anything for a while so I'll have to check to make sure nothing has changed.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #2745 of 5120 Old 07-29-2018, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Up until fairly recently it worked fine, but last few weeks not. Same account (there's a special userid/password for the Mac app), but can't even get far enough to log out of the MyHarmony, as it just spins before that option is displayed. I did check for updates, and that failed. And now, not even getting as far as I was before.

Guess I'll just blow away the prefs, and if that doesn't work, blow away the application. After that, try from different account. Let you know how it turns out. (Hope they didn't go unsupporting my version of Mac OS X...)
post #2746 of 5120 Old 07-29-2018, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
I have a long experience with Harmony remotes (1000, 1100, Elite) and Windows through the most current version of Windows 10 on a single user administrator account. I've never had a problem logging into my Harmony account. I haven't needed to configure anything for a while so I'll have to check to make sure nothing has changed.

Me too. Have owned a dozen or so Harmony remotes and many other Logitech products. If you read the Logitech forums it issuggested as a fix for a number of different login issues not just with the Elite remote. Don't ask me why. I don't work there...don't know anybody there. It just works for some people that need the help. Can I go now?
post #2747 of 5120 Old 07-29-2018, 03:12 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotohead View Post
Me too. Have owned a dozen or so Harmony remotes and many other Logitech products. If you read the Logitech forums it issuggested as a fix for a number of different login issues not just with the Elite remote. Don't ask me why. I don't work there...don't know anybody there. It just works for some people that need the help. Can I go now?
Just logged into our MyHarmony account on a current Win10 single user administrator account. There doesn't seem to be a problem with our setup. Maybe Logitech gives that advise because they don't actually know what the precise problem is. If I ever have a login problem I'll try your suggestion first.

You can go anytime you feel like it.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
post #2748 of 5120 Old 07-29-2018, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I tried deleting everything and reinstalling, but apparently there's still some remnant stuff hiding somewhere or other, as it still knew about my remote and my account and it still just sat there looking more stupid than me.

I also tried it with a newly created Mac account, but almost the same thing, it knew too much already, and then it went even more bonkers.

And finally (for the time being) I tried to bring up the latest official version of Mac OS X, but it was more of a mess than I realized after failing to install a new beta on top of it the other day, so maybe later.
post #2749 of 5120 Old 07-29-2018, 06:06 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
I tried deleting everything and reinstalling, but apparently there's still some remnant stuff hiding somewhere or other, as it still knew about my remote and my account and it still just sat there looking more stupid than me.

I also tried it with a newly created Mac account, but almost the same thing, it knew too much already, and then it went even more bonkers.

And finally (for the time being) I tried to bring up the latest official version of Mac OS X, but it was more of a mess than I realized after failing to install a new beta on top of it the other day, so maybe later.
Have you tried Logitech's technical support?

My Components:
Calibration Resources:
post #2750 of 5120 Old 07-30-2018, 12:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
Have you tried Logitech's technical support?
Not yet, but I am wondering whether maybe it's broke because of my changing IP addresses around. Maybe something go stuck on the old address. Anyway, that's for some day in the future, other priorities now taking over. For now, in the meantime, for fun, I'm just going to let it run spinning its wheels and see if it ends up doing anything in the next hour or so.

May play around a little bit with the iPad application tomorrow.
post #2751 of 5120 Old 07-30-2018, 04:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 2144 Post(s)
Liked: 1410
Quote:

Assuming you wiped/reset both the hub and the remote. As an added step I install as a new hub when I’m in your situation. I’ve even created a new Harmony account with a different email address to ensure there are no residuals or remnants left in the Harmony cloud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 2-32GB 5th Gens | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Logitech Harmony Elite
post #2752 of 5120 Old 07-30-2018, 07:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_snow View Post
Assuming you wiped/reset both the hub and the remote. As an added step I install as a new hub when I’m in your situation. I’ve even created a new Harmony account with a different email address to ensure there are no residuals or remnants left in the Harmony cloud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not sure I'm in the mood to recreate 14 devices and 15 activities from scratch. The remote and hub are working fine, it's just the Mac application that's not working (oh and yes I did recently wipe/reset them). I sent an email to support, and will retry from their support page next time if I don't hear back (I discovered that Firefox doesn't work as well as Opera seemed to, but that wasn't until after the email). In the meantime, if I need to do something, I'll try from the iPad, though that assumes it's going to work better.

If all else fails and it ends up being necessary, I will try your suggestion. Come to think of it I'll try may wife's iMac and see if I still have it set up over there, in the meantime…

Thanks.
post #2753 of 5120 Old 07-31-2018, 01:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Anyway, so I did have MyHarmony installed on the wife's iMac. Started it up, it said there's a new update, it got installed. And pretty much everything ran right off the bat. (Once it got beyond the place where my Mac spins and spins, I didn't bother to go any further though.) So, it works on wife's Mac, not on mine.

(She's running El Capitan, I'm running Yosemite, not that I think that matters, but nevertheless gotta wonder..)
post #2754 of 5120 Old 07-31-2018, 01:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Okay and finally... found on their website that behind my back their MyHarmony software now apparently requires at least El Capitan (Mac OS X 10.11). Which would seem to explain things. Was running fine just a month or two ago with Yosemite (10.10).

You would think that there would have been some kind of warning or something, but no you're just SOL. <expletives deleted>

Edit: And tried it today while briefly toying around with Mojave, and sure enough came up all the way just fine, so yup that's what they did, <insert expletive(s) of choice here>.

Last edited by fmalczewski; 07-31-2018 at 06:13 PM.
post #2755 of 5120 Old 08-01-2018, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I am having a hard time building controls with my Harmony Elite remote. Although I have done a few start and shutdown things on my remote.. But i'd like to have it done in a better and more professional way. A few months back I was at an AirBnB rental, and they had a harmony remote very nicely done.
I dont mind paying decently if someone can help me with a nice professional setup. We can do a teamviewer session and I can be with you online to physically connect and test things out.
Hit me up with a pm.
post #2756 of 5120 Old 08-02-2018, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post
I am having a hard time building controls with my Harmony Elite remote. Although I have done a few start and shutdown things on my remote.. But i'd like to have it done in a better and more professional way. A few months back I was at an AirBnB rental, and they had a harmony remote very nicely done.
I dont mind paying decently if someone can help me with a nice professional setup. We can do a teamviewer session and I can be with you online to physically connect and test things out.
Hit me up with a pm.
I live in the greater Chicago area. What type of equipment do you have or want to control?

Sony XBR-65A1E, XBR-55A1E, Marantz AV8805, AV7704
Naim SN3, Hi-Cap DR, NDX2, Naim Unity Core, Emotiva XPA-9, A-5175
Dynaudio Contour 30, Focus 210C, IC17, S4-W80, Evoke 10, 2X REL S/812, SVS SB-2000
Panasonic UBD-820, Bluesound Node 2i, Ansuz Mainz D2 Power Distribution,A2 and X Power and speaker cables
post #2757 of 5120 Old 08-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
I live in the greater Chicago area. What type of equipment do you have or want to control?
Thanks mate.
I have a
LeEco 85" 4K TV (every command input is in the logitech harmony db), they work very well.
Denon AVR-X4400H (AVR)
Roku 4K
HTPC (I'd love to get some keyboard commands through sequences, like passwords and few combination of keystrokes that is configured in the PC as an application shortcut).

Thats all. I'd really like my denon remotes functionality on the Logitech remote.
post #2758 of 5120 Old 08-02-2018, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post
Thanks mate.
I have a
LeEco 85" 4K TV (every command input is in the logitech harmony db), they work very well.
Denon AVR-X4400H (AVR)
Roku 4K
HTPC (I'd love to get some keyboard commands through sequences, like passwords and few combination of keystrokes that is configured in the PC as an application shortcut).

Thats all. I'd really like my denon remotes functionality on the Logitech remote.
highly unlikely you're going to get passwords to the HTPC.

All of the denon commands are already there.

post #2759 of 5120 Old 08-02-2018, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1175 Post(s)
Liked: 1069
Quote:

I run a Denon x6400h and all the commands are loaded right from the Logitech db. All you really need to do is move some of the commands around on the screen for convenience. Once you use it a bit you will know what AVR commands you want on your activity screens so you can add/rearrange them on there. Really pretty easy to do with the MyHarmony app.

Mark
post #2760 of 5120 Old 08-02-2018, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I am not talking about sending passwords on to the htpc at the login screen.
Its basically creating a sequence of commands, that evokes a keyboard stroke such as windows + H (shortcut for an appliation), wait for 5 seconds, the application opens a password dialoge box, and the remote initiates keystrokes (password). That initiates a certain application to start. The app is a Backup and restore app for my virtual machines (veeam). I just dont want to sound over technical while describing it as it throws our objective of sending key strokes through sequences to initiate an app and sending password to the apps pswd dialog box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page