Forum Jump: 
 1066Likes

post #2881 of 3846 Old 09-10-2018, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Well I can’t program my yellow and green button for the life of me . I’m trying to make the green button the same as my Shaw gateway , so that I can return from watching a movie from it’s hard drive back to Live .
I even did the learn button exercise ,where you assign a button and use the Shaw remote and shoot it’s IR at the hub .
Shouldn’t be this difficult?

LG OLED65B7P.
Anthem AVM60 , Anthem MCA525 .
Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD player .
Paradigm Studio CC690 V5 centre channel , Studio 100 V5’s front and rear . Paradigm PW-2200 subwoofer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2882 of 3846 Old 09-10-2018, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I had the same problem. I've saved the same sequence to the blue button several times. It just doesn't stick.
post #2883 of 3846 Old 09-10-2018, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJO1966 View Post
I had the same problem. I've saved the same sequence to the blue button several times. It just doesn't stick.
Ok so it’s not me ,thanks . It just did a firmware update to, but didn’t help.
By default ,these buttons should have already been programmed. Kinda strange

LG OLED65B7P.
Paradigm Studio CC690 V5 centre channel , Studio 100 V5’s front and rear . Paradigm PW-2200 subwoofer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2884 of 3846 Old 09-10-2018, 07:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
I just got my Harmony elite remote going today . One question . I watch my lg oled in Expert dark while watching cable, YouTube . But I change my picture mode to standard when I watch a blu Ray.
I did the Harmony app download to my iPad , and I’m not seeing this option, but was hoping to have my picture settings on the lg change when I go to bluray .
I suspect this isn’t possible though , just would have been nice . The other option I guess would be to assign some buttons on the remote for changing picture modes ?

Well I just found a link for assigning different buttons . Not what I wanted but better than nothing

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...on-your-remote

The options for the lg came up and I got the picture menu to come up , but haven’t figured out how to close .

Ok I assigned a key to Exit,so now I can change picture mode on the fly quickly
i'm guessing the picture modes aren't discrete commands on the LG and you normally have to cycle through a few buttons/commands to get the tv into the right picture mode.

you can create macros. then have the macros run as part of the activity start up. Macros are just a series of key sequences. I believe you can also program the macro to a single command and have that single command called as part of the activity.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...tton-sequences

Sony xbr65x850c Side Blooming test clips:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...br65x850c.xlsx
post #2885 of 3846 Old 09-10-2018, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip_tannen View Post
Great ideas - thank you - I haven't solved the initial problem but I'm learning things I didn't know and fixing some other stuff.

>have you done a firmware update on the remote in a while?
I did a full sync, which I understand checks and updates the firmware. Both the hub and the remote are now running 4.15.193

>You might also just need to do a full remote reboot/reset
I went through the full shutdown procedure, and it didn't fix the missing number pad buttons but it did fix some intermittent glitches in one of the activity startup procedures. I have some additional startup commands for changing settings on my receiver and those were only working some of the time, but in three tests after the shutdown and restart they worked each time. Yay!

I also did a factory reset I didn't see any difference compared to the full shutdown. Still no joy with the number pad buttons...
a full sync doesn't necessary update the firmware. some versions of firmware are too old to update via sync:
If you're using firmware version 3.x, you must use the MyHarmony desktop software to update your firmware.

if a factory reset doesn't work, then you need to contact logitech.

Sony xbr65x850c Side Blooming test clips:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...br65x850c.xlsx
post #2886 of 3846 Old 09-10-2018, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJO1966 View Post
I got it figured out!
While I was trying to assign the remotes buttons while using my gateways porthole , I was doing it in device . I went to activity instead ,and now have my Green button bringing me to Live .
Now to get the rest
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C09D7D1D-018B-4F8D-9AA1-56B839EA816C.png
Views:	34
Size:	485.2 KB
ID:	2453906  

LG OLED65B7P.
post #2887 of 3846 Old 09-10-2018, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp787 View Post
i'm guessing the picture modes aren't discrete commands on the LG and you normally have to cycle through a few buttons/commands to get the tv into the right picture mode.

you can create macros. then have the macros run as part of the activity start up. Macros are just a series of key sequences. I believe you can also program the macro to a single command and have that single command called as part of the activity.

This is getting far to complex for my simpleton brain lol

LG OLED65B7P.
post #2888 of 3846 Old 09-11-2018, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I got it figured out!
While I was trying to assign the remotes buttons while using my gateways porthole , I was doing it in device . I went to activity instead ,and now have my Green button bringing me to Live .
Now to get the rest
Thanks! I'll check it out!
post #2889 of 3846 Old 09-11-2018, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 3744 Post(s)
Liked: 2942
Quote:

Quote:
This is getting far to complex for my simpleton brain lol
The problem with creating a macro for picture modes is that it assumes you are starting from the same mode each time, which you are not.
Also, different types of video input will have different available picture modes.

There's a command for the LG displays called "PictureMode" which will directly open the mode list and toggle through it. Then you just need the "Back" command to exit out of it.
post #2890 of 3846 Old 09-11-2018, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 3639 Post(s)
Liked: 810
Smart Control buttons (light switch) programming

I'm trying to solve a challenge related to controlling the on/off state of smart lights (home control) and would love to get your thoughts and advice please...

I have programmed one of the light switch buttons (bottom left on the remote) so that when short-pressed it turns on a Virtual Switch in SmartThings and when long-pressed it turns off the same Virtual Switch. Then in SmartThings I take a certain action based on whether the switch was toggled on or off.

That all works perfectly fine, except there is one significant issue.... Harmony apparently keeps track of the status on whether it is on or off, and will not send an On command if it thinks it is already On, and will not send an Off if it thinks it is already Off. For instance let's say the switch is in the Off position and the lights are really off. I press On and Harmony sends the On command as it should and all works well.

But here's where the issue comes in... I have other ways to turn this switch on and off outside of Harmony. For instance via Alexa or a push button home control / SmartThing button on a wall (not a physical switch). So let's say the lights are on, and I now use Alexa to send a voice command and tell it to turn off the lights, and it does. So far so good. But at this point, Harmony thinks the lights are still on, even though they are off. So then a little later I then want to turn the lights on. If I short-press the light button on the remote, nothing happens! This is because Harmony has outsmarted itself. It thinks "oh they said to turn the lights on, but they are already on, so I won't send any command." And the lights stay off. The only way to get the button working then is to long-press it so that it sends a Off command, thinking it just turned the lights off, even though they were already off. And then a few seconds later I THEN can short-press the light switch button, and then it sends the On command and the lights come back on.

And likewise I have the same exact issue in reverse - if I turn the lights on with Alexa or some other automation, Harmony things the lights are off, so when I then long press the button it doesn't send an off command, so I then have to short-press to send a On command, which effectively does nothing since the lights are already on, then a few seconds later I can long-press and it sends and Off command and the lights go off.

I'd love to find a solution so that Harmony is not tracking the "state" of the on/off and if I short-press it always sends an On and if I long-press it always sends an Off. This would solve the issue 100%. However I don't think there's a way to get Harmony not to track the state. In which case I'm wondering what a possible workaround would be. The current workaround (aka short-pressing for On when lights are already on and then long-pressing for Off to get them off, and vice-versa) is pretty annoying. Is there some sort of trick or better technique?

Thanks!
post #2891 of 3846 Old 09-11-2018, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:

if a factory reset doesn't work, then you need to contact logitech.

Yeah, it's starting to look like calling Logitech support is going to be the next step.... :-(
post #2892 of 3846 Old 09-11-2018, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
The problem with creating a macro for picture modes is that it assumes you are starting from the same mode each time, which you are not.
Also, different types of video input will have different available picture modes.

There's a command for the LG displays called "PictureMode" which will directly open the mode list and toggle through it. Then you just need the "Back" command to exit out of it.
This is pretty much what I’ve done
I have programmed the right lower buttons with the picture mode . One brings it up so that it’s displayed ,then the same button scrolls threw them from left to right as you press it. Then I assigned the other button to Exit . Works ok for me , as it’s quite quick .

The other way to make it easier yet,would be to have a 4K player with two HDMI outputs . Dedicate the one to a separate HDMI input on the lg oled , as it remembers the picture more you leave on the independent inputs.
But I’m not concerned,as the Harmony is making it quite easy.

LG OLED65B7P.

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 09-11-2018 at 02:19 PM.
post #2893 of 3846 Old 09-11-2018, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

Next issue . I’m debating to get the Blue Sky gateway setup from Shaw . I have the old first Gen gateway now , and the new system has 4K out and apps like YouTube etc .
I don’t care for the voice controlled remote,so that will put in storage . Hopefully I can program the Harmony Elite to run it properly.

Cancel this idea . Only supports NetFlix in 4 K

LG OLED65B7P.

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 09-11-2018 at 07:13 PM.
post #2894 of 3846 Old 09-11-2018, 07:21 PM
Advanced Member

Ok I’m having a lot of success here . I always wanted to be able to access the Bass and Subwoofer gain on my pre pro quickly.
I programmed the two buttons on the bottom left of the elite remote to access my Bass and Levels ,and use the plus and minus at the bottom middle of the remote now to toggles there gains up and down .
Really nice to have quick access to subwoofer level and Bass . This remote rocks . A bit of a learning curve for an old man ,but I’m pretty happy
HerbieHightower likes this.

LG OLED65B7P.
post #2895 of 3846 Old 09-12-2018, 04:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I got it figured out!
Now to get the rest
That did it! Thanks!
MajorTendonitis likes this.
post #2896 of 3846 Old 09-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked: 2363
I have the same problem in three different activities. It's solved by the initial "help" attempt in all three cases. If I knew what the Elite does as it's first action after a help request I might be able to make my activities work better. Does anyone know how I can get that information?

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #2897 of 3846 Old 09-12-2018, 08:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Harmony Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip_tannen View Post
Still no joy with the number pad buttons...

Have you fixed that yet? I think I had a similar problem when I first set things up.

Based on your devices, there will be activities that you can add along with some basic activities.

For example, if you have added an Apple TV as a device, you’ll have a “Watch Apple TV” activity that can be setup. If you choose that, you can rename the activity (which I always do) and you can choose ANY of your devices to be a part of that activity, so you might have started with a “Watch Apple TV” activity that ends up not even using the Apple TV device, but instead use your cable box. In this case, since there aren’t channel numbers associated with an Apple TV, numbers will not be shown on the screen.

If you haven’t already fixed the issue, I’d create a whole new activity and start with the “Watch TV” activity and the make sure you select all of your devices for that activity and customize things the way you need, then see if the numbers are on the remote’s screen. If so, just delete the old activity. If not, I’m out of ideas without additional information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xbr75x900E and JVC RS420 with Elite 120" screen
Receiver - Yamaha RX-A3060/RX-A3000, WXA-50 MusicCast Amp for Zone 2
L/C/R - B&W CM9/CMC2, Side - DS3, Rear - CM5, F/R Atmos - CCM663
Subs - SVS PB12+ and PB13 Ultra
Harmony Elite, ATV 4K, Nvidia Shield Pro, HDHomeRun Extend
post #2898 of 3846 Old 09-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Advanced Member

Harmony Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
I have the same problem in three different activities. It's solved by the initial "help" attempt in all three cases. If I knew what the Elite does as it's first action after a help request I might be able to make my activities work better. Does anyone know how I can get that information?

I think, but could be wrong, that it performs the same actions as what’s in the “start sequence” like what’s shown in the attached picture. Note that the picture is from the mobile app.

What issues are you having that gets resolved by using help?

post #2899 of 3846 Old 09-12-2018, 09:44 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmeat View Post
I think, but could be wrong, that it performs the same actions as what’s in the “start sequence” like what’s shown in the attached picture. Note that the picture is from the mobile app.

What issues are you having that gets resolved by using help?
Thanks for the reply.

I have an OPPO HDP-203 that I'm using to scale all of my 1080P or less signals through the OPPO HDMI IN port. The devices are Roku 3, Xfinity Cable, and OPPO BDP-93. The audio signal goes directly to the AVR and the video signal goes to the Vizio 65PQ HDMI 4 port.

The last step in each activity is the OPPO 203 Power On command, a "wait for 8 seconds" command, and then an OPPO Input command. Using the OPPO remote the Input button has to be pressed one time for each input status. After manually powering on the OPPO it takes two presses of the Input button to show on the OPPO screen that the selection is "HDMI IN".

Using any of the three activities, the OPPO 203 cycles through the input buttons choices to "HDMI IN" on it's screen, but the TV is showing the OPPO "Home" screen. Then I do a Elite help command, and the TV then shows the desired input source. I think that getting the second "Input" command is causing the OPPO to actually access it's HDMI IN port, but I have no idea why it doesn't do that with the original command since the OPPO screen is showing HDMI IN.

Of course I'm sure of nothing at this point.

Thanks for your interest.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
post #2900 of 3846 Old 09-13-2018, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 273
^^ Trying to understand.

Are the two input presses simultaneously or delayed. Maybe the Elite thinks you are using a different component by then. It is almost like the projector OFF button which takes two presses and works fine.
post #2901 of 3846 Old 09-13-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:

There's no need to add additional delay steps to the activity for the Oppo. By default, the Harmony will wait 20 seconds after powering on the 203 before sending any other commands. I actually decreased that to 15 sec for mine. You'll find that setting under the devices - "device delay settings".

In the activity setup, under input settings, set the 203 to start using the "HDMI / MHL In-Front" input. If you don't have that option then you're using the wrong Oppo device in your activity. That is actually just a macro that does a sort of "input - input - enter" type thing. But it works. With everything at default it will power on the 203, wait 20 sec then send the input commands. the 93 will probably still be booting so you have to wait a bit for it to wake up.
post #2902 of 3846 Old 09-13-2018, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Have you fixed that yet? I think I had a similar problem when I first set things up.

Based on your devices, there will be activities that you can add along with some basic activities.

For example, if you have added an Apple TV as a device, you’ll have a “Watch Apple TV” activity that can be setup. If you choose that, you can rename the activity (which I always do) and you can choose ANY of your devices to be a part of that activity, so you might have started with a “Watch Apple TV” activity that ends up not even using the Apple TV device, but instead use your cable box. In this case, since there aren’t channel numbers associated with an Apple TV, numbers will not be shown on the screen.

If you haven’t already fixed the issue, I’d create a whole new activity and start with the “Watch TV” activity and the make sure you select all of your devices for that activity and customize things the way you need, then see if the numbers are on the remote’s screen. If so, just delete the old activity. If not, I’m out of ideas without additional information.

Brilliant - thank you sir - that was an excellent suggestion! Creating a new activity solved the problem - I'm seriously chuffed!!

I'm assuming something must have gotten buggered when the software did the settings transfer from the One to the Elite, so I'm going to go ahead and recreate a couple of the other activities that also have some minor oddities.

Thanks again!
post #2903 of 3846 Old 09-13-2018, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

I have an OPPO HDP-203 that I'm using to scale all of my 1080P or less signals through the OPPO HDMI IN port. The devices are Roku 3, Xfinity Cable, and OPPO BDP-93. The audio signal goes directly to the AVR and the video signal goes to the Vizio 65PQ HDMI 4 port.

The last step in each activity is the OPPO 203 Power On command, a "wait for 8 seconds" command, and then an OPPO Input command. Using the OPPO remote the Input button has to be pressed one time for each input status. After manually powering on the OPPO it takes two presses of the Input button to show on the OPPO screen that the selection is "HDMI IN".

Using any of the three activities, the OPPO 203 cycles through the input buttons choices to "HDMI IN" on it's screen, but the TV is showing the OPPO "Home" screen. Then I do a Elite help command, and the TV then shows the desired input source. I think that getting the second "Input" command is causing the OPPO to actually access it's HDMI IN port, but I have no idea why it doesn't do that with the original command since the OPPO screen is showing HDMI IN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanman View Post
^^ Trying to understand.

Are the two input presses simultaneously or delayed. Maybe the Elite thinks you are using a different component by then. It is almost like the projector OFF button which takes two presses and works fine.

Quote:
There's no need to add additional delay steps to the activity for the Oppo. By default, the Harmony will wait 20 seconds after powering on the 203 before sending any other commands. I actually decreased that to 15 sec for mine. You'll find that setting under the devices - "device delay settings".

In the activity setup, under input settings, set the 203 to start using the "HDMI / MHL In-Front" input. If you don't have that option then you're using the wrong Oppo device in your activity. That is actually just a macro that does a sort of "input - input - enter" type thing. But it works. With everything at default it will power on the 203, wait 20 sec then send the input commands. the 93 will probably still be booting so you have to wait a bit for it to wake up.
@htwaits

I’d try what @ rdgrimes suggested, and if that doesn’t work report back.

It sounds like the OPPO IS getting to the correct input, but for some reason your TV is showing a different input. Before using help to resolve the problem, can you confirm which input has been selected for your OPPO and your TV?

post #2904 of 3846 Old 09-13-2018, 12:45 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
@htwaits

I’d try what @ rdgrimes suggested, and if that doesn’t work report back.

It sounds like the OPPO IS getting to the correct input, but for some reason your TV is showing a different input. Before using help to resolve the problem, can you confirm which input has been selected for your OPPO and your TV?

@rdgrimes @tanman

I'll start here: "In the activity setup, under input settings, set the 203 to start using the "HDMI / MHL In-Front" input."

Before I use Help:

The OPPO 203's main HDMI output is connected to the TV HDMI 4. The OPPO screen shows that it's set for HDMI IN and I can watch the OPPO cycle to that selection.

I'm checking activity setup now.
The Harmony add devices identifies the OPPO as "OPPO Home Theater (OPPO UDP-203)"

My Components:
Calibration Resources:

Last edited by htwaits; 09-13-2018 at 12:51 PM.
post #2905 of 3846 Old 09-13-2018, 01:16 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:

I have to leave in a minute but this is what I know now. The Harmony has labeled the 203 as "OPPO HOME Device - OPPO UDP-203".

The activity wizard lists the following as input choices.
Blu-ray Player
HDMI IN (the one I selected)
ARC HDMI Out
I do not select an Input

There is also a "My Input is not listed here" option that gives me instructions for adding an Input to the device. I'll be able to try that when I get back or find the correct 203 device.

Thanks to everyone.

My Components:
Calibration Resources:
post #2906 of 3846 Old 09-13-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
@rdgrimes @tanman

I'll start here: "In the activity setup, under input settings, set the 203 to start using the "HDMI / MHL In-Front" input."

Before I use Help:

The OPPO 203's main HDMI output is connected to the TV HDMI 4. The OPPO screen shows that it's set for HDMI IN and I can watch the OPPO cycle to that selection.

I'm checking activity setup now.
The Harmony add devices identifies the OPPO as "OPPO Home Theater (OPPO UDP-203)"
I may be using the device "Oppo BDP-103" instead.

In any case there's no reason to be fighting this. Just make your own macro with the required steps to get to the HDMI input, I think the enter command might be needed at the end, but its easy enough to do.
post #2907 of 3846 Old 09-13-2018, 04:36 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
I may be using the device "Oppo BDP-103" instead.

In any case there's no reason to be fighting this. Just make your own macro with the required steps to get to the HDMI input, I think the enter command might be needed at the end, but its easy enough to do.
As far as I can tell I am getting to the HDMI In setting in a way that looks the same as doing it with the OPPO remote.

I'll be 85 this coming Tuesday so what used to be easy may no longer be easy.

Just to be clear, my understanding is that "HDMI/MHL In-Front" is a macro that shows up as an input option if the OPPO 103 device data is used.

The OPPO using it's remote acts like this:

Power On OPPO screen displays:

Hello (for about 4.5 seconds)
OPPO (for about 2 seconds)
Home Menu (which means it's ready for commands)

Using the OPPO input button:

Press One: Blu-ray player (If no other input button press the player returns to Home Menu)

Press Two: HDMI IN (If the second press is within a second or two of the first press)
(HDMI IN stays as the selected input if there are no additional input button presses)

Press Three: Arc on HDMI Out (will return to Home Menu if no other input button press)
Press Four just starts all over again.

Using the Xfinity activity I get the following if everything starts clean.

The activity finishes with the TV on, the HDMI switch pointing to the correct selection for the Xfinity box.

The OPPO has acted like a power on, 8 second delay, and two Input buttons pressed with HDMI IN selected.

The TV screen shows the OPPO's Home Menu and the OPPO screen still shows HDMI IN.

While watching the OPPO screen, if I press Help on the Harmony the OPPO screen does not change but remains with HDMI IN showing. The image shown on the TV is now from the Xfinity box instead of the Home Menu from the OPPO.

There are no clues about what commands the Harmony is using to fix the problem.

I'm happy to learn how to do a macro, but I'm not sure what to create given what I see as the activity script plays is apparently what I want to happen. If I do the activity manually,trotting back and fourth with remotes in hand, every component behaves exactly as expected and no "Help" commend is needed. I believe this to be true of the Roku 3 and OPPO 93 activities too.

My Components:
Calibration Resources:

Last edited by htwaits; 09-13-2018 at 04:41 PM.
post #2908 of 3846 Old 09-13-2018, 05:41 PM
Advanced Member

Harmony Elite

Quote:
As far as I can tell I am getting to the HDMI In setting in a way that looks the same as doing it with the OPPO remote.

I'll be 85 this coming Tuesday so what used to be easy may no longer be easy.

Just to be clear, my understanding is that "HDMI/MHL In-Front" is a macro that shows up as an input option if the OPPO 103 device data is used.

The OPPO using it's remote acts like this:

Power On OPPO screen displays:

Hello (for about 4.5 seconds)

OPPO (for about 2 seconds)

Home Menu (which means it's ready for commands)

Using the OPPO input button:

Press One: Blu-ray player (If no other input button press the player returns to Home Menu)

Press Two: HDMI IN (If the second press is within a second or two of the first press)

(HDMI IN stays as the selected input if there are no additional input button presses)

Press Three: Arc on HDMI Out (will return to Home Menu if no other input button press)

Press Four just starts all over again.

Using the Xfinity activity I get the following if everything starts clean.

The activity finishes with the TV on, the HDMI switch pointing to the correct selection for the Xfinity box.

The OPPO has acted like a power on, 8 second delay, and two Input buttons pressed with HDMI IN selected.

The TV screen shows the OPPO's Home Menu and the OPPO screen still shows HDMI IN.

While watching the OPPO screen, if I press Help on the Harmony the OPPO screen does not change but remains with HDMI IN showing. The image shown on the TV is now from the Xfinity box instead of the Home Menu from the OPPO.

There are no clues about what commands the Harmony is using to fix the problem.

I'm happy to learn how to do a macro, but I'm not sure what to create given what I see as the activity script plays is apparently what I want to happen. If I do the activity manually,trotting back and fourth with remotes in hand, every component behaves exactly as expected and no "Help" commend is needed. I believe this to be true of the Roku 3 and OPPO 93 activities too.

My grandpa is 87 and I just bought him a Harmony 650 so he can easily switch between cable and a Roku I bought for him so he can watch MLB.tv. He’s struggling with it, and he only has to worry about 3 buttons. With you being 85, you’re doing awesome!

I don’t have an OPPO so I can’t definitively say what might fix your problem, but it sounds unlike anything I’ve encountered.
@m_snow or @mutelight , any ideas?

Last edited by Sweetmeat; 09-13-2018 at 05:46 PM.
post #2909 of 3846 Old 09-13-2018, 05:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked: 863
Quote:
My grandpa is 87 and I just bought him a Harmony 650 so he can easily switch between cable and a Roku I bought for him so he can watch MLB.tv. He’s struggling with it, and he only has to worry about 3 buttons. With you being 85, you’re doing awesome!

I don’t have an OPPO so I can’t definitively say what might fix your problem, but it sounds unlike anything I’ve encountered.

I don’t have an Oppo either but @mutelight does.

Sweetmeat likes this.

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 32GB 5th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Logitech Harmony Elite
post #2910 of 3846 Old 09-13-2018, 06:35 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_snow View Post
I don’t have an Oppo either but @mutelight does.

Thanks guys. As for my age, I've used a Harmony remote since the Harmony 10 to control a simple living room home theater through a wall for the past ten years. The OPPO 283 is new to me with it's HDMI IN. That is what's tasking my remaining gray cells.
Sweetmeat likes this.

My Components:
Calibration Resources:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page