Who has MX-880? Need software. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dropkick Murphy

post #1 of 13 Old 04-09-2016, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Who has MX-880? Need software.

An installer company programmed by URC MX-880 remotes five years ago when we moved into our new house. Now he is too busy to come by and change the programming based on changes in my equipment. I think re-programming requires a PC (laptop) with software. Does anybody know where I could get my hands on this software? If not, I'm going to throw them away and go with something that's easier to use and update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-09-2016, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)
Liked: 793
I'll pay shipping if you decide to toss it.

post #3 of 13 Old 04-09-2016, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvegas1 View Post
An installer company programmed by URC MX-880 remotes five years ago when we moved into our new house. Now he is too busy to come by and change the programming based on changes in my equipment. I think re-programming requires a PC (laptop) with software. Does anybody know where I could get my hands on this software? If not, I'm going to throw them away and go with something that's easier to use and update.
If he's too busy to come to your home, maybe he'll provide the software to you since you bought the remotes from him. Some dealers do provide the software to their customers.

Failing that, there are other URC installers that you can hire to reconfigure your MX-880s.

Randy
Sony XBR-55X900E, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, TiVo Roamio Pro, TWC Arris DCX3600-M 6-Tuner DVR, Darbee DVP-5000S, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR, URC MX-890 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - https://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 04-21-2016, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Does anybody know how you actually program the remote if you have the software? Is there some kind of cable that you need to connect the remote control to the laptop via USB?
post #5 of 13 Old 04-21-2016, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Does anybody know how you actually program the remote if you have the software? Is there some kind of cable that you need to connect the remote control to the laptop via USB?
I thought it was just a mini USB.

post #6 of 13 Old 04-22-2016, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
It uses a mini usb to usb cable. The software is called CCP. What are you needing changed on the remote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 13 Old 04-30-2016, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Well I got access to the CPP software from my installer and fired it up. I connected my remote control and could see the various devices that had been programmed in. Very impressive. The problem is that when trying to add a new component (Roku 4), I could not figure out how to tell the software (a) which audio input on my receiver to use, or (b) which HDMI port to use. I even downloaded the 85 page programming manual and could not figure it out.
post #8 of 13 Old 04-30-2016, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 90
That's why they stopped providing customer support for the programming years ago and turned it over to professional installers only. Your best bet is to make a copy of the original programming to play around with until you figure it out. If you make a mistake you will still have the original program to reinstall.
bryansj likes this.

post #9 of 13 Old 04-30-2016, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well I got access to the CPP software from my installer and fired it up. I connected my remote control and could see the various devices that had been programmed in. Very impressive. The problem is that when trying to add a new component (Roku 4), I could not figure out how to tell the software (a) which audio input on my receiver to use, or (b) which HDMI port to use. I even downloaded the 85 page programming manual and could not figure it out.
Not only do you have to figure out the software, you also have to figure out the way the last guy programmed it. Do the save thing suggested. Starting from scratch might not be a bad option.

post #10 of 13 Old 05-01-2016, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
If the software is the MXEditor and you cannot figure it out, good luck.

Do not know if it is the same software for the MX-700/ Mx-800 (circa 2007). I have used that for many years to update many pieces of equipment. I have found for newer equipment it is best to learn it from the equipment's remote. I thought their instructions were good in the user's manual (mine is 72 pages) Since they do not let us "amateur" user's update the software. Mine only works with Windows XP. Learning can be tedious but it works well, worked with my ROKU4.

I would suggest to start from scratch (AS PER THE other post). And if you want to add any custom commands you may be able to download other .mxf files from remote central.

My Mx800 is old but it still works and with all my new and old equipment. (even can control my HTPC, mostly) The software is the key.
post #11 of 13 Old 12-06-2018, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
MX-880 Software

I am in the same situation. Can someone point me to the editor software for the MX-880 and 890?
post #12 of 13 Old 12-06-2018, 11:46 AM

I have the MX-800 also, and was looking to update some of my 10-12 year old equipment. Is the MX-800 still a viable option?
post #13 of 13 Old 11-19-2019, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech89 View Post
I am in the same situation. Can someone point me to the editor software for the MX-880 and 890?
Did you find anything, just moved into a house that has a MX-880 left and I need to update it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page