recommendation request Bluetooth,IR & RF? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-29-2016, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
recommendation request Bluetooth,IR & RF?

Hey guys Ive done some light searching but figured the members here can help faster. Is there a remote that can do RF as well as bluetooth & IR?

My equipment:

DirecTV Genie client (RF I believe)
Sony BDP-S6500 (IR)
HK AVR-525 (IR)
Epson 3020 (IR)
Firestick (BT)
5557 HDMI Switchbox* (IR)
zero automation or light control

Im more if a hard button type of guy,but wanna keep it under $200.
* = Im not sure if remotes will have pre programmed codes for this but hopefully any recommendations will have learning ability.
THANX FOR ANY HELP OR NUDGES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-29-2016, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 946 Post(s)
Liked: 488
I believe the Harmony Hub can control the Amazon fire stick with Blue tooth. The Direct TV RF I believe is proprietary but I think it has an IR option but don't quote me. So any of the newer harmony's that can use the Hub should work for you.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
post #3 of 5 Old 07-29-2016, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Ok I went and picked up a Harmony Companion with hopes this can get the job done. I will put it through its paces before my 15 day return is up. It looks promising, thanks for the nudge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-29-2016, 09:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2993 Post(s)
Liked: 1342
FYI, BT isn't necessary for Fire stick. Works fine via IR to TV, then TV to stick via HDMI-CEC. DirecTV also works fine via IR. I use a $16 Nevo C2 in a similar setup. While not RF, it has the same activity capabilities as Harmony.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-30-2016, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

@mdavej thank you for that info,unfortunately when using the 5557 switchbox Im unable to control the Firestick through the Epson remote. When the stick is plugged directly to the Epson it does control it. Here is where things get interesting, the Sony has no issues being controlled through HDMI-CEC through the 5557 or direct to the projector. The 5557 is needed to give me 5.1 audio out with firestick and provide the Mrs. with and easier task on switching sources since receiver & projector would never need inputs changed. I really appreciate the response!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page