AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Remote Control Area (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-remote-control-area/)
-   -   Extron remote access (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-remote-control-area/2608017-extron-remote-access.html)

JBennett 10-11-2016 08:28 AM

Extron remote access

I apologize if this is seen as a trivial question, but I am new to working with Extron equipment and I am having a really hard time finding support for this question. What I am having issues with is accessing the touch panel control via web interface. Since we service multiple campuses across the county, it will save us a lot of gas if we can access each touch panel remotely so we aren't driving miles to press a button. A while back, an Extron rep had remoted into one of our systems to help troubleshoot another issue we were having and he opened the touch panel control file into the browser so he could test his adjustments. He connected to the controller (IPCP 350) and did something from there that opened the touch panel file, but he did it so fast I couldn't see what he did and I did not have the presence of mind at the moment to ask. I can get to all of the components individually via IP to see settings, but I can not get to the actual touch panel portion that allows me to click on buttons to control the system. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

-John

EMartinez 08-06-2018 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBennett (Post 47398033)
I apologize if this is seen as a trivial question, but I am new to working with Extron equipment and I am having a really hard time finding support for this question. What I am having issues with is accessing the touch panel control via web interface. Since we service multiple campuses across the county, it will save us a lot of gas if we can access each touch panel remotely so we aren't driving miles to press a button. A while back, an Extron rep had remoted into one of our systems to help troubleshoot another issue we were having and he opened the touch panel control file into the browser so he could test his adjustments. He connected to the controller (IPCP 350) and did something from there that opened the touch panel file, but he did it so fast I couldn't see what he did and I did not have the presence of mind at the moment to ask. I can get to all of the components individually via IP to see settings, but I can not get to the actual touch panel portion that allows me to click on buttons to control the system. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

-John

You need a public IP address still... and you need open 4 ports in your router