Extron remote access - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-11-2016, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Extron remote access

I apologize if this is seen as a trivial question, but I am new to working with Extron equipment and I am having a really hard time finding support for this question. What I am having issues with is accessing the touch panel control via web interface. Since we service multiple campuses across the county, it will save us a lot of gas if we can access each touch panel remotely so we aren't driving miles to press a button. A while back, an Extron rep had remoted into one of our systems to help troubleshoot another issue we were having and he opened the touch panel control file into the browser so he could test his adjustments. He connected to the controller (IPCP 350) and did something from there that opened the touch panel file, but he did it so fast I couldn't see what he did and I did not have the presence of mind at the moment to ask. I can get to all of the components individually via IP to see settings, but I can not get to the actual touch panel portion that allows me to click on buttons to control the system. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

-John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-06-2018, 12:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBennett View Post
I apologize if this is seen as a trivial question, but I am new to working with Extron equipment and I am having a really hard time finding support for this question. What I am having issues with is accessing the touch panel control via web interface. Since we service multiple campuses across the county, it will save us a lot of gas if we can access each touch panel remotely so we aren't driving miles to press a button. A while back, an Extron rep had remoted into one of our systems to help troubleshoot another issue we were having and he opened the touch panel control file into the browser so he could test his adjustments. He connected to the controller (IPCP 350) and did something from there that opened the touch panel file, but he did it so fast I couldn't see what he did and I did not have the presence of mind at the moment to ask. I can get to all of the components individually via IP to see settings, but I can not get to the actual touch panel portion that allows me to click on buttons to control the system. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

-John
You need a public IP address still... and you need open 4 ports in your router
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
control , extron , remote access

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page