Logitech Harmony Elite Remote Control, Hub and App - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #31 of 55 Old 07-11-2017, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlinsley View Post
It would just be a case of whether the IR input accepts the higher level output from the direct connection to the hub or if it gets overloaded. You may be able to find the manual online, or a review, that helps. Edit: BAFX have answered this works! https://www.amazon.com/forum/-/Tx17X...sin=B009ZGK6QS

I used the following, cable with the screw down connection on the Xantach - Vetco is a local electronics store close to work:
https://vetco.net/products/6-2-5mm-m...?taxon_id=1566

There's a thread in this subforum about creating an extension cable which says what Monoprice adapters work.
Thanks for the links. Would it also work to just plug a 3-headed IR emitter into one of the two ports on the hub?:

https://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Exte...ds=ir+emitters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 Old 07-11-2017, 11:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 378
@socalsharky Very likely. IIRC the Logitech ones are 4 headed.
post #33 of 55 Old 07-12-2017, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlinsley View Post
@socalsharky Very likely. IIRC the Logitech ones are 4 headed.
Actually, the two that come with the Elite are a very large (as IR emitters go) single-headed emitter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 55 Old 07-12-2017, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalsharky View Post
Actually, the two that come with the Elite are a very large (as IR emitters go) single-headed emitter.
Correct, for the ones in the box, but they also sell 4-head versions (available at Amazon etc): http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...bles?crid=1052
post #35 of 55 Old 07-14-2017, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Just starting with setting up the Elite and had a question I am setting up the different activities so if I am watching TV and want to switch to Bluray player will try to turn on all the hardware on that activity or just switch to the input and give me control of the Bluray player?

Thanks.

VIDEO: Epson 5040UB * SeymourAV CenterStage XD 137.7" * Samsung UBD-M9500 * Nvidia Shield * HTPC * Xbox OneX * URC MX-990
AUDIO: Marantz AV7704 * Emotiva XPA-9 Gen3
SPEAKERS: PSA MTM-210T L/C/R * PSA MTM-110 (2) Surrounds * S2(4) Atmos * HSU VTF-3MK4
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
post #36 of 55 Old 07-14-2017, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2993 Post(s)
Liked: 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
Just starting with setting up the Elite and had a question I am setting up the different activities so if I am watching TV and want to switch to Bluray player will try to turn on all the hardware on that activity or just switch to the input and give me control of the Bluray player?

Thanks.
It will do whatever you program it to do. If you don't do anything special, it will turn on any devices used in that activity that weren't turned on already (it keeps track of power and input states), switch inputs and give you player control. Or you can program it to not do that or to do something entirely different. It's up to you.
post #37 of 55 Old 07-14-2017, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
It will do whatever you program it to do. If you don't do anything special, it will turn on any devices used in that activity that weren't turned on already (it keeps track of power and input states), switch inputs and give you player control. Or you can program it to not do that or to do something entirely different. It's up to you.
Thank you.

VIDEO: Epson 5040UB * SeymourAV CenterStage XD 137.7" * Samsung UBD-M9500 * Nvidia Shield * HTPC * Xbox OneX * URC MX-990
SPEAKERS: PSA MTM-210T L/C/R * PSA MTM-110 (2) Surrounds * S2(4) Atmos * HSU VTF-3MK4
post #38 of 55 Old 07-14-2017, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Now if I could just get it to work my Nvidia Shield, it sees it but doesn't work.

post #39 of 55 Old 07-14-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Now if I could just get it to work my Nvidia Shield, it sees it but doesn't work.
I see you got help with that in another thread. But if all else fails, you can always add an IR dongle to the Shield. You'll be able to control it one way or another for sure.
post #40 of 55 Old 07-15-2017, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
I just set one up today and had to update the software to get the bluetooth control working with the Nvidia Shield. See this link to the
Shield forum.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...for-shield-tv/
post #41 of 55 Old 07-19-2017, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 30
The hub can not differentiate emitters and send a signal to a specific chosen emitter correct? It just sends out one IR signal from the hub as well as the emitters?

I have 3 of the same brand tv's and I'm looking for a way to send the main IR signal to the main tv and other equipment (all have line of sight and could work from the hub or remote), but not received by the other 2 tvs, and only have separate IR signals go through emitters that are covering the IR receivers on the tvs.

I probably need a RF to IR base that isolates individual emitters vs the main hub IR signal?

Darren
Downstairs: Sony 75x940e, UBP-X800, HT-ST5000, & 2x 43x800d
Upstairs: Samsung 60KS8000 & a Sonos playbar
post #42 of 55 Old 07-24-2017, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Hey all. Gave up on my last Harmony. Went to iRule and that may be drying up soon and it's faaaaaar to much of my time to program. I run my rs400 on a fixed ALR 16:9 screen and a motorized white 2.35 with use of a panamorph anamorphic lens on a motorized sled. So, needless to say the macros and commands for each mode can be long and time consuming. Mostly setting projector commands like anamorphic (this auto triggers screen and sled) video modes, lens memory, iris, and that's not including sound settings. So my older harmony would time out. The jvc takes some time to action a lot of these settings. Also I found the delay times weren't enough and all the possible IR commands weren't available for my devices? So could I set up a macro and then a sub macro? Say watch Comcast TV, then choose 16:9 or 2.35 from there? Also can I create device control pages and control each device in its entirety? If a harmony pre made device page doesn't have an ir command can I add one by learning it from the OEM remote? Sorry for all the questions but with harmony you don't know the limitations of it until you've bought it and brought it home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #43 of 55 Old 07-24-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by razevents View Post
Also I found the delay times weren't enough
I don't know all the delay time limits. Someone else will have to answer that. But I can tell you that these have not changed in many, many years.
Quote:
and all the possible IR commands weren't available for my devices?
You can add missing commands by learning or by submitting pronto hex to support
Quote:
So could I set up a macro and then a sub macro?
Strictly speaking, you cannot call other macros from macros, but...
Quote:
Say watch Comcast TV, then choose 16:9 or 2.35 from there?
Yes. You can add more commands to the start or end of an activity macro.
Quote:
Also can I create device control pages and control each device in its entirety?
Within reason. I'm sure you realize that some devices, like AVRs, have several hundred commands, far more than on the OEM remote. Adding more than 50 or so becomes impractical. I think the limit might be 256, but don't quote me on that. To accommodate all 450 commands on my AVR, I've chosen to spread it across 4 devices, 1 device per zone. I don't use Harmony myself, but I'm sure you could do something similar.
Quote:
If a harmony pre made device page doesn't have an ir command can I add one by learning it from the OEM remote?
Yes. But Pronto hex would be a better approach.

Back to calling other macros from inside a macro, URC and other higher end remotes can do this, Harmony cannot.

Last edited by mdavej; 07-24-2017 at 08:23 PM.
post #44 of 55 Old 07-25-2017, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
I don't know all the delay time limits. Someone else will have to answer that. But I can tell you that these have not changed in many, many years.

You can add missing commands by learning or by submitting pronto hex to support

Strictly speaking, you cannot call other macros from macros, but...

Yes. You can add more commands to the start or end of an activity macro.

Within reason. I'm sure you realize that some devices, like AVRs, have several hundred commands, far more than on the OEM remote. Adding more than 50 or so becomes impractical. I think the limit might be 256, but don't quote me on that. To accommodate all 450 commands on my AVR, I've chosen to spread it across 4 devices, 1 device per zone. I don't use Harmony myself, but I'm sure you could do something similar.

Yes. But Pronto hex would be a better approach.

Back to calling other macros from inside a macro, URC and other higher end remotes can do this, Harmony cannot.

Thank You for taking the time to answer my questions. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #45 of 55 Old 11-27-2017, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Need help: I've been using my Elite/Hub for months with my Dish Hopper with Sling. A week ago the hub lost its connection so I removed power and then reconnected. Hub was green again. The Hopper would not respond to the remote. All my other devices worked perfectly. In diagnosing it seems that I have to do a series of three taps over a period of 30 seconds or less and the hopper then responds. Subsequent actions work like normal. If I wait 5 minutes or so and try another action with the Hopper, nothing.... I need to do the three taps of whatever. Its like the Hopper goes to sleep and needs a sequence of three to wake up.... I tried the Dish remote and that works without any problems. I tried my Harmony One remote which has the same Hopper programmed and that works perfectly as well. On the Hopper IR is enabled. I have repaired the Hub with the Elite, deleted and added the Hopper device and always the same outcome. Since this all started after losing the connection on the Hub I am beginning to think something fried but what? My network is rock solid with 150/150. Any ideas for me to try? Thanks.
post #46 of 55 Old 12-18-2017, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Do I just run an IR cable from the hub to the IR input on the back of the Sony VPL-VW285ES projector to control it?
post #47 of 55 Old 12-29-2017, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

How do I turn off everything once I'm done watching movies? I've launched the watching movies activities but I want to turn everything off with one button or something like that.
post #48 of 55 Old 12-29-2017, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1583 Post(s)
Liked: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Charlie View Post
How do I turn off everything once I'm done watching movies? I've launched the watching movies activities but I want to turn everything off with one button or something like that.
I just push the Off button on the top left.

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 32GB 5th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Logitech Harmony Elite
post #49 of 55 Old 12-29-2017, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I'll give that a try. I guess the Roku Ultra can't be turned off then since there doesn't seem to be an off button.
post #50 of 55 Old 12-29-2017, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1583 Post(s)
Liked: 885
Quote:
Thanks! I'll give that a try. I guess the Roku Ultra can't be turned off then since there doesn't seem to be an off button.
My streaming devices (Shield and FireTV?s) just turn off or sleep after it detects no input signal. Your Roku may do that too.

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 32GB 5th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Logitech Harmony Elite
post #51 of 55 Old 12-29-2017, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, and that is another issue with my Roku Ultra. When I select the watch Roku activity, everything turns on but no signal coming from the Roku Ultra even though the on light is lit. I have to unplug and plug the power back into the roku for it to send signal to my projector.
post #52 of 55 Old 12-29-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Yes, and that is another issue with my Roku Ultra. When I select the watch Roku activity, everything turns on but no signal coming from the Roku Ultra even though the on light is lit. I have to unplug and plug the power back into the roku for it to send signal to my projector.
Just press Home to wake it up or add Home to your activity so it happens automajically. My Roku does the same thing.
post #53 of 55 Old 01-13-2018, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

Has anyone tried activity to control the different aspect ratio of a Sony VPL-VW285ES projector? Did it work?
post #54 of 55 Old 02-10-2018, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Run IR port 2 back to your viewing room and put an IR blaster on it. Place it optimally so that it controls your viewing room equipment. This is what I do since the remote itself doesn't emit IR. Then tell the harmony hub to use IR port 2 for only your viewing room devices.
Just a thought.
post #55 of 55 Old 04-16-2018, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1912 Post(s)
Liked: 589
Does Logitech still offer free phone support for their remotes?

Samsung PN F8500 60'' TV, Denon AVR X4200W, Onkyo TX SR805, Parasound HCA 1500A, SVS Prime Towers and Center, SVS Prime satellites, Proficient Surrounds, Duo Kreisel DXD subs, PSA S3000i sub, Oppo 103D player, Panamax M5300 PM, Monster HTR 3600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page