NEEO Owner's Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

post #31 of 55 Old 05-23-2018, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 66
So after trying to get the Neeo to control my Shield TV through the Flirc dongle, I'm just going to call it a day and stay with my Harmony Elite. Without a real date on when they plan to activate the bluetooth functionality, it's pretty useless to me if it cant operate the heart of my system. Going to put it in the classifieds later today, if anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. It's the Black Cat edition.

Sony XBR75940E/ Marantz SR7012/Apple TV 4k/PS4 Pro/PC RTX 2080Ti (SLI)/Harmony Ultimate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 Old 08-26-2018, 06:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Neeo now supports Wemo. I've purchase a pair of Wemo mini outlets and plan on giving it a try. So far my Neeo remote controls all of my AV equipment which includes a Sony A1e, B&O Beosystem 4, a Channel Master DVR+, a couple of Xantech IR controlled power outlet strips and an Oppo UDP-203 and an Oppo BDP-83 along with a Nakamichi Soundspace 9.

Sony XBR55A1E
post #33 of 55 Old 08-27-2018, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

My Wemo mini plugs arrived today. I got them initially setup using the Belkin Wemo app. Once setup I was able to add one as a device via the NEEO app to my system (only using one at the moment). I created two recipes one for on another for off. Works great.

Sony XBR55A1E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 55 Old 02-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

NEEO has announced that it will nolonger be selling its remote to consumers and its recent update is its last. They plan on shutting down their servers in 2 years.

Sony XBR55A1E
post #35 of 55 Old 02-07-2019, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkeegan View Post
NEEO has announced that it will nolonger be selling its remote to consumers and its recent update is its last. They plan on shutting down their servers in 2 years.

I just read the press release and it is very said. I just bought my NEEO remote for Christmas and now wish I bought a Harmony. I hope they open source it.

anseK®

Denon AVR-8500H | Optoma UHD60 | Xbox One X | AppleTV 4K
SVS Ultra Towers | SVS Ultra Center | SVS Ultra Surrounds | SVS Prime Elevation | SVS PB16 Ultra
post #36 of 55 Old 02-07-2019, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Article at audioholics about them being acquired by Control4.
post #37 of 55 Old 02-07-2019, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
Article at audioholics about them being acquired by Control4.
I feel ripped off :mad

Equipment list:Anthem Statement dv2 3D,Anthem avm 60,JVC RS 520,Martin Logan SL speakers,Bryston amps for lcr and surrounds,Anthem four channel amp for in ceilings,IS 110" screen,Lutron for lights,Oppo 203 DVD,SimpleControl remote.HSU-15 sub.
post #38 of 55 Old 02-08-2019, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Here's a link to the audioholics article https://www.audioholics.com/news/con...neeo-smarthome

Sony XBR55A1E
post #39 of 55 Old 02-08-2019, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 121
They utterly utterly screwed people over. Took that good Kickstarter money from the general consumer to build a company that in turn now won't sell directly to the general consumer.

Way to go NEEO and the worst part of it was how they announced it "hey everyone! You should be really happy for us! We totally took your money and then screwed you over! Isn't that amazing?! You should be pleased for us! This is great for us! (not you, but then we don't give a damn about you) but aren't you so pleased for us?!"

I'm angry and I don't even own a NEEO remote, I very nearly got a couple of sets when there was a deal on and now I'm *really* glad I didn't. It's especially a shame because we're now back with Harmony being the only option again....
ANSEK and pjp like this.
post #40 of 55 Old 02-18-2019, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonBenji View Post
They utterly utterly screwed people over. Took that good Kickstarter money from the general consumer to build a company that in turn now won't sell directly to the general consumer.

Way to go NEEO and the worst part of it was how they announced it "hey everyone! You should be really happy for us! We totally took your money and then screwed you over! Isn't that amazing?! You should be pleased for us! This is great for us! (not you, but then we don't give a damn about you) but aren't you so pleased for us?!"

I'm angry and I don't even own a NEEO remote, I very nearly got a couple of sets when there was a deal on and now I'm *really* glad I didn't. It's especially a shame because we're now back with Harmony being the only option again....
I bought mine as a Christmas gift to myself so you can't imagine how upset I am. I knew I should have just bought a Harmony. It is terrible how they are no longer going to support the consumer market. They should at least help the open source community support the remote without directly open sourcing the software. The best thing would be to buy back all the remotes sold in the last the or six months.
LondonBenji likes this.

anseK®

Denon AVR-8500H | Optoma UHD60 | Xbox One X | AppleTV 4K
SVS Ultra Towers | SVS Ultra Center | SVS Ultra Surrounds | SVS Prime Elevation | SVS PB16 Ultra
post #41 of 55 Old 02-18-2019, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANSEK View Post
I bought mine as a Christmas gift to myself so you can't imagine how upset I am. I knew I should have just bought a Harmony. It is terrible how they are no longer going to support the consumer market. They should at least help the open source community support the remote without directly open sourcing the software. The best thing would be to buy back all the remotes sold in the last the or six months.
That is what I believe Google did when they bought Revolve hub. These people misled us all with fancy advertising,worst part I fell for it.
LondonBenji likes this.

Equipment list:Anthem Statement dv2 3D,Anthem avm 60,JVC RS 520,Martin Logan SL speakers,Bryston amps for lcr and surrounds,Anthem four channel amp for in ceilings,IS 110" screen,Lutron for lights,Oppo 203 DVD,SimpleControl remote.HSU-15 sub.
post #42 of 55 Old 02-19-2019, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANSEK View Post
Man that really sucks, I can only imagine how angry you must feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah993 View Post
That is what I believe Google did when they bought Revolve hub. These people misled us all with fancy advertising,worst part I fell for it.
The worst part is, "the people" are the ones that backed them initially and got the company off the ground! And now they're basically giving the finger to everyone except those that can afford Control4. If they did the Control4 deal AND kept selling the remotely directly to general consumers, it wouldn't have been an issue but since they cut everyone off, it's a MASSIVE F-U to everyone who helped get them started.
pjp likes this.
post #43 of 55 Old 10-26-2019, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anybody with one of these they are looking to sell?
post #44 of 55 Old 10-26-2019, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Make me a reasonable offer and I will sell mine.

Evolution of My Theater Build

Speakers: Procella P8 (LCR), P6V (2 Front Side), P5 (2 Rear Side, 2 Rear, 4 Ceiling). Subs: Deep Sea Sound Custom 18" Mariana (4). Amps: Crown DCi 8|300 (2), SpeakerPower SP2-12000-HT. Processors: Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP-8080 (2). Video: JVC RS400, 2.37 Seymour AV 120" Enlightor 4K Screen, Kaleidescape Strato, Philips BDP7501. Control: iRule.
post #45 of 55 Old 10-27-2019, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Pm sent
post #46 of 55 Old 11-11-2019, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked: 645
Apparently Control4 is releasing a new version of the remote. I don't know enough about this stuff to know whether that'll help existing owners in terms of software updates or whatever, but I thought worth noting. Here's one of several pieces I saw about it:

https://www.audioholics.com/universa...remote-control

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
post #47 of 55 Old 11-23-2019, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 94
For the NEEO remote investors - how many of you are still using it? How many had Control4 prior to the acquisition? How many purchased Control4 since?
What would you like in your next remote? What did you like / dislike about the NEEO?
If you had a NEEO - did you also have another control system? Were the two systems integrated?
post #48 of 55 Old 11-24-2019, 04:18 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothtlk View Post
How many had Control4 prior to the acquisition? How many purchased Control4 since?
I'd be surprised if either of those numbers is anything other than zero.
LondonBenji likes this.
post #49 of 55 Old 11-30-2019, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 22
You must buy a new NEEO REMOTE..sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
Apparently Control4 is releasing a new version of the remote. I don't know enough about this stuff to know whether that'll help existing owners in terms of software updates or whatever, but I thought worth noting. Here's one of several pieces I saw about it:

https://www.audioholics.com/universa...remote-control
So all existing NEEO Remote owners....it does not work with Control4....I asked and they responded that you must buy a new remote. A Software update is not available to convert over to Control4. Sooooo everyone has a wasted piece of electronics!!!!
post #50 of 55 Old 12-02-2019, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Are the NEEO owners bashful?

Was looking forward to hearing their responses.
post #51 of 55 Old 12-03-2019, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothtlk View Post
For the NEEO remote investors - how many of you are still using it? How many had Control4 prior to the acquisition? How many purchased Control4 since?
What would you like in your next remote? What did you like / dislike about the NEEO?
If you had a NEEO - did you also have another control system? Were the two systems integrated?
I got duped into buying a NEEO. I am not using it. In fact, I just sold mine to a AVS Forum Member.

I did not have Control4. I will not be buying Control4 if they continue to require a "dealer" to manage it for me. I would like something to replace iRule, which I use for my Theater. It still works, but is end of life. Control4 would be great if the company would allow me to manage it myself. Since it does not, I am looking for something else that works like iRule. There are many options, but I have not found a great one yet.

Since I have a dedicated theater with its own control system, I simplified my setup in my living room with an 82" QLED TV and a 4K Apple TV. I will be putting all my old gear up for sale soon. I use my Apple TV remote. Simple.
hnupe likes this.

Speakers: Procella P8 (LCR), P6V (2 Front Side), P5 (2 Rear Side, 2 Rear, 4 Ceiling). Subs: Deep Sea Sound Custom 18" Mariana (4). Amps: Crown DCi 8|300 (2), SpeakerPower SP2-12000-HT. Processors: Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP-8080 (2). Video: JVC RS400, 2.37 Seymour AV 120" Enlightor 4K Screen, Kaleidescape Strato, Philips BDP7501. Control: iRule.
post #52 of 55 Old 12-04-2019, 06:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnupe View Post
So all existing NEEO Remote owners....it does not work with Control4....I asked and they responded that you must buy a new remote. A Software update is not available to convert over to Control4. Sooooo everyone has a wasted piece of electronics!!!!

Man, they really screwed over the people that actually allowed them to get to this position in the first place.
hnupe and Aareses like this.
post #53 of 55 Old 12-04-2019, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonBenji View Post
Man, they really screwed over the people that actually allowed them to get to this position in the first place.
Yep, exactly! Some great upstarts for sure, but I will certainly use a lot more caution. I personally won't be investing in anymore "upstarts".
LondonBenji likes this.

post #54 of 55 Old 12-05-2019, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked: 913
Control 4 should do something for the early adopters who funded the NEO in the first place.

There has to be something they can do for them to enable them to continue to update and use their remotes as there were originally designed to do.

Randy
Sony XBR-55X900E, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, TiVo Roamio Pro, TWC Arris DCX3600-M 6-Tuner DVR, Darbee DVP-5000S, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR, URC MX-890 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - https://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #55 of 55 Old 12-05-2019, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post
Control 4 should do something for the early adopters who funded the NEO in the first place.

There has to be something they can do for them to enable them to continue to update and use their remotes as there were originally designed to do.

They certainly could, but really, what does C4 care? it would take resources to support and there is no money in that. Some of that support might also help their C4 / Neeo remote (depending on how much they changed the NEEO system to support C4 needs). They aren't going to sell NEEO remotes independent of C4 systems (?) so no business need to support investors.

Doesn't make it a better situation for the original investors, but I don't see why they would change.

So, what will the NEEO investors now do? Is there room for an even better touchscreen remote in the market? We are evaluating...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page