Calling all DemoPad Users - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #451 of 670 Old 02-22-2019, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 154
ok thanks. i'm on it.

today's question. . .

as i copy the same image on a page over and over. say a button. it keeps telling me it already exists. do i literally have to rename the image a ton of times if i keep using the same image. i have been saying over write for now. did i mess myself up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 670 Old 02-22-2019, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
ok thanks. i'm on it.

today's question. . .

as i copy the same image on a page over and over. say a button. it keeps telling me it already exists. do i literally have to rename the image a ton of times if i keep using the same image. i have been saying over write for now. did i mess myself up?
That happens to me as well. I don't rename it and have had no issues.I might be missing something as well though.

"A respectable amount of bourbon to pour in a glass is about two fingers worth. Lucky for me I have big fingers"
post #453 of 670 Old 02-22-2019, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Answered. Thanks!

Last edited by jimim; 02-23-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #454 of 670 Old 02-23-2019, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I downloaded the nuvo profile device. It has 2 files. A file folder and a pad file. Where do I put them and I have no idea how to add them as a page to my setup. I can open it as it’s own project but not as a page in mine. Sorry with all the questions.
post #455 of 670 Old 02-23-2019, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
Here's an example of one of my IR commands using a GC100 -

sendir,4:1,1,36000,1,1,15,10,6,10,6,22,6,10,6,16,6 ,22,6,22,6,10,6,10,6,10,6,22,6,16,6,22,6,10,6,10,6 ,28,6,10,6,3229

Lot's of useful info here -

Demopad docs

Cheers,
Got it working!

Last edited by jimim; 02-23-2019 at 03:44 PM.
post #456 of 670 Old 02-23-2019, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Ok cool.

Another question. My homepage in irule I have buttons for the names of my rooms. Living room. Bar. Etc. I can't find them in the community search anymore. I got them there. Can I share them out now from my library to be able to find them so I can download them to use or is sharing off on irule now that it's not being developed anymore.

Is there anywhere on the net I can get png images for remotes? I know that's a broad question and I can use google image search but it's just so broad and varied. I can be searching forever.

Thanks again!
Jim
Don't know if sharing your graphics on iRule still work. The easy way to find out is to just try it ans see. There are a lot of places online for graphics. You have to look around, most are not free. Did you DL the free sets from DemoPad? There are I think 5 free sets . You can find them on there DL page with instructions on how to install them.
post #457 of 670 Old 02-23-2019, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I downloaded the nuvo profile device. It has 2 files. A file folder and a pad file. Where do I put them and I have no idea how to add them as a page to my setup. I can open it as it’s own project but not as a page in mine. Sorry with all the questions.
not sure if there is a better answer but what I did was to open both projects at the same time and copy and past the pages from one to the another. Sucks though you have to reassign commands.
post #458 of 670 Old 02-23-2019, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg7321 View Post
Don't know if sharing your graphics on iRule still work. The easy way to find out is to just try it ans see. There are a lot of places online for graphics. You have to look around, most are not free. Did you DL the free sets from DemoPad? There are I think 5 free sets . You can find them on there DL page with instructions on how to install them.
i didn't realize there were other free ones. i'll look now.

i'm sorry i haven;t touched my remote in 8 years. i forgot everything.
post #459 of 670 Old 02-23-2019, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
not sure if there is a better answer but what I did was to open both projects at the same time and copy and past the pages from one to the another. Sucks though you have to reassign commands.
ok i'll try that, but where do i put the 2 files that were in the zip file. are their certain folders in demoted file tree on the computer they need t one installed?

jimi

Last edited by jimim; 02-23-2019 at 04:14 PM.
post #460 of 670 Old 02-23-2019, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
ok i'll try that, but where do i put the 2 files that were in the zip file. are their certain folders in demoted file tree on the computer they need t one installed?
You can put them anywhere as long as they are in the same folder. So the .pad file goes in a folder and the new folder is a sub-folder to the one where the .pad is located.

Cheers,
post #461 of 670 Old 02-23-2019, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

A further clarification on the IR commands for GC devices.

The number immediately following the sendir, is the module number followed by the port number.

Here's an extract from the GC-100 manual -

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GC-100 API Specification.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	2530152  
post #462 of 670 Old 02-23-2019, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Also, if you want to get commands from one project to another, you can export the commands to a .dc1 file and them import them into your project.

Cheers,
post #463 of 670 Old 02-23-2019, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
A further clarification on the IR commands for GC devices.

The number immediately following the sendir, is the module number followed by the port number.

Here's an extract from the GC-100 manual -

Cheers,
hey peter. thanks man.

i'm using itach's so it's different. the first number is module which for itach is always 1 and second number is port which would be a 1,2, or 3. i actually got them working! i'm happy!
post #464 of 670 Old 02-23-2019, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You can put them anywhere as long as they are in the same folder. So the .pad file goes in a folder and the new folder is a sub-folder to the one where the .pad is located.

Cheers,
peter,

ok got that. so how do i use them then in a project. meaning make it a page. i have no idea what to select in the builder. i tried new project but then it's its own project which i can't use in the project i'm building.
post #465 of 670 Old 02-23-2019, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
peter,

ok got that. so how do i use them then in a project. meaning make it a page. i have no idea what to select in the builder. i tried new project but then it's its own project which i can't use in the project i'm building.
In the builder click on the icon in the top left corner, next to "Publish to App". Click on "Open". Navigate to the folder you have the unzipped files and select the page you just DL. If you already have a project open it will then add it as a second one in the tree on the left.
post #466 of 670 Old 02-23-2019, 07:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
In the builder click on the icon in the top left corner, next to "Publish to App". Click on "Open". Navigate to the folder you have the unzipped files and select the page you just DL. If you already have a project open it will then add it as a second one in the tree on the left.
I did that and it shows as a new project. But how do u connect them for a jump. So meaning I have a button on my home page that says Nuvo. I want to set a jump to the nuvo project but u can’t. Only what is in that project. Also if I add a button on the nuvo page to jump back to my home page of the larger project u can’t. U can only jump Aroona inside each project. So how do I integrate them together?
post #467 of 670 Old 02-23-2019, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I did that and it shows as a new project. But how do u connect them for a jump. So meaning I have a button on my home page that says Nuvo. I want to set a jump to the nuvo project but u can’t. Only what is in that project. Also if I add a button on the nuvo page to jump back to my home page of the larger project u can’t. U can only jump Aroona inside each project. So how do I integrate them together?
Can’t link two projects. You have to copy and paste the pages from one to the other. Also export the commands and import them into the new project. Then assign the commands to the buttons on the page you copied. To navigate around. Add a button and open up the actions for that button. On the Top drop down there will be an action to jump to another page. Select the page you want to jump too and add it to the button.
post #468 of 670 Old 02-24-2019, 07:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks a lot. Ok so lots of copy and pasting to do. Is there a way to delete that empty project Fter I copy and paste to my main project? U. Ant just highlight it and delete it.

I’m getting there. I pretty much know how to create a complete build around ir based itach’s. I want to try out the nuvo module. I’m not even thinking about feedbacks right now. I spent 2 hrs grabbing all my icons from my irule build. U can share them out still. Just takes a while to load.

Last edited by jimim; 02-24-2019 at 09:08 AM.
post #469 of 670 Old 02-24-2019, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Ok so lots of copy and pasting to do. Is there a way to delete that empty project Fter I copy and paste to my main project? U. Ant just highlight it and delete it.

I’m getting there. I pretty much know how to create a complete build around ir based itach’s. I want to try out the nuvo module. I’m not even thinking about feedbacks right now. I spent 2 hrs grabbing all my icons from my irule build. U can share them out still. Just takes a while to load.
After you grab the pages you want just make sure you have clicked on some thing on the project you want to close, then same as opening two projects upper left corner there will be an option to close a project. If you save, the two projects will save separately. So you could just save and close down the builder if that makes it easier. The just reopen the one project.
post #470 of 670 Old 02-24-2019, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Oh geez. I figured it would save both as 1. Ok I got it.
post #471 of 670 Old 02-25-2019, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Questions for today:

So I’m working to get the nuvo module to work for my build.

I copied the 9 predefined commands to a file, saved, and imported them to my build.

The 2way feedback there is 8 commands. I can’t select all of them at once. So that means I have to save each as its own file or is thier a way to grab all of them as one file like the other commands I mentioned above?
post #472 of 670 Old 02-25-2019, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Questions for today:

I copied the 9 predefined commands to a file, saved, and imported them to my build.

The 2way feedback there is 8 commands. I can’t select all of them at once. So that means I have to save each as its own file or is thier a way to grab all of them as one file like the other commands I mentioned above?
I do not use the NUVO but I am having a hard time figuring out what your asking. Especially the 2 way feedback. what do you mean by 8 commands? Do you mean you have 8 different query commands you need to send to get all the feedback?
post #473 of 670 Old 02-25-2019, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Questions for today:

I do not use the NUVO but I am having a hard time figuring out what your asking. Especially the 2 way feedback. what do you mean by 8 commands? Do you mean you have 8 different query commands you need to send to get all the feedback?
Sorry. There 9 regular commands. The ones send commands in the typical window when u load it commands or whatever. U can copy all of them by checking off the main folder and save it as one file. Then open it again in a new build. To the right of that in the main window on top there is the 2 way arrows. U click on that and it takes you to more commands. Diff then the regular commands for send. But those I cant figure out how to save as 1 File.
post #474 of 670 Old 02-25-2019, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Sorry. There 9 regular commands. The ones send commands in the typical window when u load it commands or whatever. U can copy all of them by checking off the main folder and save it as one file. Then open it again in a new build. To the right of that in the main window on top there is the 2 way arrows. U click on that and it takes you to more commands. Diff then the regular commands for send. But those I cant figure out how to save as 1 File.
Sorry I don't understand what your doing. The only two way arrows on the top of the builder would be under "Project Settings" called "Replace Device" Besides that not sure where you are at. Are you talking about if you expand the device then the commands tree on the left of the builder? If so I don't know what the two way arrows are. Can you screen shoot it? May help. I wonder if you are seeing some specialty commands for drivers you only get with the Pro Builder. I have the PRO but have not come across this yet.
post #475 of 670 Old 02-26-2019, 12:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Main window on top 2 way arrows - I assume you mean this -

Which takes you here -

These are feedbacks - not commands. (1) can be used to save the feedbacks, but it only saves the pattern or data matches (2), and not the actions for each feedback (3).

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	demo 1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	2531236   Click image for larger version

Name:	demo 2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	2531238  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp demo 1.bmp (342.6 KB, 4 views)
post #476 of 670 Old 02-26-2019, 12:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Here's Demopad's info on Feedback

Cheers,
post #477 of 670 Old 02-26-2019, 04:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hey guys. Peter. Exactly what I was talking about. So I can’t save them all at once. Only 1 at a time? I know regular commands I can save as 1 big file.
post #478 of 670 Old 02-26-2019, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey guys. Peter. Exactly what I was talking about. So I can’t save them all at once. Only 1 at a time? I know regular commands I can save as 1 big file.
All your doing here is parsing out the return data. When you save, it saves all the parsing. The only bad part about this is when you import it into the new project you will lose all the actions assigned to each parse. So your going to have to rebuild this a bit. It’s a pain. You may be better of using this project as you main. Deleting what your not going to use and then add what your devices and build from there.

Last edited by mpg7321; 02-26-2019 at 08:54 AM.
post #479 of 670 Old 02-26-2019, 06:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I can’t even get the One way commands working properly. I have in the right IP address I thought I had the right port but maybe I don’t. I have no idea what port the nuvo uses. So I really don’t know what might be off.
post #480 of 670 Old 02-27-2019, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I can’t even get the One way commands working properly. I have in the right IP address I thought I had the right port but maybe I don’t. I have no idea what port the nuvo uses. So I really don’t know what might be off.
Try uploading the build you DL. They one your trying too copy from. Change the IP to match yours and see if it works . That way you can tell if some thing went wrong in the move. Also have you controlled this device in iRule?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page