Calling all DemoPad Users - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #481 of 663 Old 02-27-2019, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 154
I’m going to try that tonight. No I didn’t use it in irule. I shouldn’t really even care cause it has its own app but when I saw it on thier forum I thought it would be cool to try.

Tonight I want to learn how to insert an animated sub page that slides in for my favorite channels. So hopefully I can get these 2 things taken care of.

jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 663 Old 02-27-2019, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

rookie mistake. had a non stati ip and it switched on me. it's static now and working for 1 way. i'l work on 2 way this weekend. i am trying so hard to get a subpage of channels to slide in and out when i hit a button and i can't figure out what actions go on the button and what actions go on the subpage. i know i have to do flags and such but i can't figure it out. can someone walk me through it please.

i have a button on the page right now and i have the subpage ontop of the page i want it on. from there i cna't figure it out.
post #483 of 663 Old 02-27-2019, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
rookie mistake. had a non stati ip and it switched on me. it's static now and working for 1 way. i'l work on 2 way this weekend. i am trying so hard to get a subpage of channels to slide in and out when i hit a button and i can't figure out what actions go on the button and what actions go on the subpage. i know i have to do flags and such but i can't figure it out. can someone walk me through it please.

i have a button on the page right now and i have the subpage ontop of the page i want it on. from there i cna't figure it out.
I’m not in front the builder right now but I can see if I can help. Once you drag the subpage over the page. Click on it so you have it selected. Then in the top menu I think it’s labeld as “appear”. You have to assign a flag there. Then from the drop down menu select how you want it to appear. You can choose from left, right, top, bottom, appear. Then go to your button you are using to show the subpage. Add a command, you can set flag to “on”. The subpage will then appear. Set it to “off” and the subpage will disappear. You can also set the button to “toggle”. A helpful thing with subpages. Once you add it to a page. It will show up on the page tree on the left side of the screen. If you right click on it you hide the subpage. Makes it easy to make changes to the page with out seeing the subpage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #484 of 663 Old 02-28-2019, 05:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

ok i can;t test now cause i'm at work but this is what i have going on. is this look right? what i don't understand is the commands fo rthe button to turn the slide on and off. does it need 2 commands like i have. 1 for on and 1 for off. meaning if i hit it once it slides the panel in and if i hit it again it slides it out? or do i use toggle?

also does the flag look right? just 1 flag is needed?

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr
post #485 of 663 Old 02-28-2019, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
ok i can;t test now cause i'm at work but this is what i have going on. is this look right? what i don't understand is the commands fo rthe button to turn the slide on and off. does it need 2 commands like i have. 1 for on and 1 for off. meaning if i hit it once it slides the panel in and if i hit it again it slides it out? or do i use toggle?

also does the flag look right? just 1 flag is needed?

In the action editor for the button, you can do a single option to toggle the flag on or off
post #486 of 663 Old 02-28-2019, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

i got it working. thanks so much! last question on this topic. the background for the slider i add it when i make it and before i move it to a page correct? do i do a background or an image for it before i add the buttons? which is better?

jim
post #487 of 663 Old 02-28-2019, 09:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 303
A sub-page is like any other page - it has a background image which you overlay with buttons. The process of creating a sub-page is pretty much the same as a normal page.

Cheers,
post #488 of 663 Old 03-28-2019, 12:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg7321 View Post
jRiver does have some companion apps
Are you able to give me links to these ?

I've spent a bit of time with Kodi now and I'm not completely happy with the interaction of the iPad app and the main app on the PC.

An example - if the PC app is on the Movies page and I use the iPad app to play music, the PC app stays on the Movies page and only shows the "now playing" music as a tiny display up in the right corner. Should I then hit "play" on my Kodi page in Demopad, the music stops and it starts playing whatever movie was highlighted on the Movie page. The PC app should change to a proper "now playing" music page but it doesn't. So I end up having to navigate music on the PC app which somewhat defeats the whole purpose of the iPad app.

A properly coordinated iPad app is important to me for concerts as well. Often when we have friends over, I play a sort of "favorites" playlist from all my concert discs, and I want to be able to find the next disc on the iPad without interrupting the main display. Jumping in and out of discs and menus to find stuff wrecks the flow.

Cheers,
post #489 of 663 Old 03-28-2019, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
Are you able to give me links to these ?

I've spent a bit of time with Kodi now and I'm not completely happy with the interaction of the iPad app and the main app on the PC.

An example - if the PC app is on the Movies page and I use the iPad app to play music, the PC app stays on the Movies page and only shows the "now playing" music as a tiny display up in the right corner. Should I then hit "play" on my Kodi page in Demopad, the music stops and it starts playing whatever movie was highlighted on the Movie page. The PC app should change to a proper "now playing" music page but it doesn't. So I end up having to navigate music on the PC app which somewhat defeats the whole purpose of the iPad app.

A properly coordinated iPad app is important to me for concerts as well. Often when we have friends over, I play a sort of "favorites" playlist from all my concert discs, and I want to be able to find the next disc on the iPad without interrupting the main display. Jumping in and out of discs and menus to find stuff wrecks the flow.

Cheers,

I personally don't use them. I integrated jRiver into my Demopad layout. If you go to the app store and type in jRiver you will find them. The official app is not free. There web interface is easy to modify. Its all HTML and JAva so if you know how to use both you can change it to your liking and then display it in a web window.
post #490 of 663 Old 04-02-2019, 04:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks !

I have JRiver up and running along with JRemote on the iPad. Much happier with JRemote than I was with Kodi Remote.

I've seen the Wiki page on MC Core Commands and it appears to offer fantastic control.

Could you please post how you have the JRiver device set up in Demopad and a typical command.

Cheers,
post #491 of 663 Old 04-02-2019, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks !

I have JRiver up and running along with JRemote on the iPad. Much happier with JRemote than I was with Kodi Remote.

I've seen the Wiki page on MC Core Commands and it appears to offer fantastic control.

Could you please post how you have the JRiver device set up in Demopad and a typical command.

Cheers,

Basic IP, with port number set to 52199 . Every thing else default.

Command for play is

GET /MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=10001&Parameter=1 HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0AContent-Length: 0\x0D\x0A

Command to get Feedback "get Info" command

GET /MCWS/v1/Playback/Info?Zone=-1 HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0AHOST:192.168.1.137:52199\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0 A
Manni01 likes this.
post #492 of 663 Old 04-02-2019, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks.

Will give it a try tonight.

I also found the instructions for getting the whole MCWS spec from the server, so will give that a go and see if I can understand it all.

Cheers,
post #493 of 663 Old 04-10-2019, 08:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

mpg,

JRiver control proved to be very easy using your advice above - thanks !

My only problem now is audio dropouts. I've tried everything and can't fix it !

Not sure what to try next ??!!

Cheers,
post #494 of 663 Old 04-11-2019, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
mpg,

JRiver control proved to be very easy using your advice above - thanks !

My only problem now is audio dropouts. I've tried everything and can't fix it !

Not sure what to try next ??!!

Cheers,
Define drop outs? Describe your set up please, especially sound systems?
post #495 of 663 Old 04-11-2019, 03:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I've posted some info in my build thread - JRiver testing

Cheers,
post #496 of 663 Old 04-11-2019, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I've posted some info in my build thread - JRiver testing

Cheers,
Dude, your other post has like 22 pages, don't have time to read through that. I don't care about the theater, but more of the PC set up and receiver. I am amusing you are connecting to a receiver via HDMI, correct? What are you audio settings in jRiver and what are your settings on the PC for the audio device?
post #497 of 663 Old 04-12-2019, 06:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm not sure what you've clicked on.

My link in the previous post is to a recent post in the build thread which details my JRiver settings and the results of some testing.

Cheers,
post #498 of 663 Old 04-12-2019, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm not sure what you've clicked on.

My link in the previous post is to a recent post in the build thread which details my JRiver settings and the results of some testing.

Cheers,

OK, The link took me to the top of the page, found your post a bit down. I amuse you are connecting the PC to the Receiver via HDMI. What I found is if you have different audio formats, like 7.1, 5.1, ATMOS and so on, setting jRiver to one specific audio type will cause problems. I would try try turning Bitstream on and set it to HDMI. This is as close as you can get to "Audio passthrough" like you can in KODI. I would reset any thing else you may have changed in jRiver. In windows go to the sound card property, click on configure and make sure it shows all the audio types. Set it to stereo. Not sure if you need to install the free windows ATMOS app. Its free to use with speakers, have to pay if you want it to work with headphones. On the receiver set it direct input or some thing like that. This setting will vary depending on manufacture. On mine, I can display on screen what the Receiver is receiving. So if its 5.1 it will display and play back in 5.1, then if I play some thing with ATMOS, it will switch settings on the Receiver over to ATMOS and so on. One problem that happens is that when you turn the Receiver off, windows gets confused and does not always correct it self when you turn the receiver back on. So once in a while I have to restart the PC while the Receiver is on.

Tell me more about the PC, CPU, RAM and GPU. Any info may help.
post #499 of 663 Old 04-12-2019, 11:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

A huge shout out and many thanks to @jmone (Nathan) who has just left my place after successfully trouble shooting my problem.

Nathan is an Admin over at the JRiver forum and just happens to live about 10 mins from me !

So what could possibly have eluded me for many, many, many hours you may ask ??!!

It was the HDMI splitter that I use between the NUC and monitor / Marantz processor.

So after I finish giving myself a good kicking I need to find a splitter that works. I'll probably just have to bite the bullet and go HD Fury.

Cheers,
post #500 of 663 Old 04-13-2019, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 307 Post(s)
Quoted: 5360 Post(s)
Liked: 5412
Quote:
A huge shout out and many thanks to @jmone (Nathan) who has just left my place after successfully trouble shooting my problem.

Nathan is an Admin over at the JRiver forum and just happens to live about 10 mins from me !

So what could possibly have eluded me for many, many, many hours you may ask ??!!

It was the HDMI splitter that I use between the NUC and monitor / Marantz processor.

So after I finish giving myself a good kicking I need to find a splitter that works. I'll probably just have to bite the bullet and go HD Fury.

Cheers,
HD Fury rocks, I use them and no issue whatsover (HTPC with jRiver, Denon X8500H, Maestro to JVC RS2000 and LG 4K monitor).

If you only need splitting, Integral2 should be fine. If you want scaling as well, Vertex is great (Linker scales but doesn't split).

Maestro is fantastic but you probably don't need it if you don't need the HDBaseT link.

JVC Autocal Software V11 Calibration for 2019 Models (Google)
Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
post #501 of 663 Old 04-13-2019, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

I need one of these to solve my audio issues,
https://www.gefen.com/product/booste...XT-HDBOOST-141

Don't like the price may get a shield and go back to KODI..... I can integrate KODI the same as jRiver into DemoPad. So not sure what I want to do yet. Peter why did you move away from KODI again?
post #502 of 663 Old 04-13-2019, 07:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Didn't realise that you were also having audio issues. Based on that box it looks like you're using a long HDMI run ?

I moved from Kodi solely because of the Kodi Remote app and how it integrates with the main server. If I was going to be using only direct control / feedback without the app, as I believe you are, then I would have no problem with Kodi at all.

Cheers,
post #503 of 663 Old 04-13-2019, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Didn't realise that you were also having audio issues. Based on that box it looks like you're using a long HDMI run ?

I moved from Kodi solely because of the Kodi Remote app and how it integrates with the main server. If I was going to be using only direct control / feedback without the app, as I believe you are, then I would have no problem with Kodi at all.

Cheers,

My issue is not jRiver. its a windows 10 issue. Windows loses the audio settings in windows when you turn on and off the receiver and doesn't always recover properly when turned back on. I can go into the sound device in the audio settings in windows and see the problem. The only fix is to restart windows. For me its not that big of a deal for My PC takes about 10 seconds to restart. I can restart the PC from jRiver and then launch every thing through EventGhost running on the PC. The device I linked would cause windows to think the HDMI is plugged into a device that is always on. You have to program it to tell windows what audio format to use, not sure how it would handle many different audio formats. I may be switching over to a Linux box for PLEX for the rest of the family and I may go back to KODI on a Shield.
post #504 of 663 Old 04-14-2019, 08:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Interesting. I've not had that problem with Win 10.
post #505 of 663 Old 04-17-2019, 08:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The HD Fury splitter is in and all is good !!

Cheers,
post #506 of 663 Old 04-17-2019, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

nice
What are you running jRiver on?
post #507 of 663 Old 04-19-2019, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm finally back at it. Got tied up with other things called "life". I got a new iPad that will serve solely as a remote. Any recommendations on how best to set that up? It needs to be accessible by anyone thus it can't have a pass-code (plus that would make it difficult to use). iStuff tends to not be real flexible and geared toward individual use. Feedback appreciated!

Thanks

"A respectable amount of bourbon to pour in a glass is about two fingers worth. Lucky for me I have big fingers"
post #508 of 663 Old 04-19-2019, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Another question but slightly off-topic.

Currently, all my IP controlled devices have a hardwired connection to the network. Can you IP control a device via WiFi connection? (I am thinking about replacing a TV mounted in a location where I can't run an Ethernet cable. Would I be able to control it via wifi with my Dpad remote if it has built-in wifi and is IP Control capable. IE Sony/Samsung?)

"A respectable amount of bourbon to pour in a glass is about two fingers worth. Lucky for me I have big fingers"
post #509 of 663 Old 04-20-2019, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoover View Post
Another question but slightly off-topic.

Currently, all my IP controlled devices have a hardwired connection to the network. Can you IP control a device via WiFi connection? (I am thinking about replacing a TV mounted in a location where I can't run an Ethernet cable. Would I be able to control it via wifi with my Dpad remote if it has built-in wifi and is IP Control capable. IE Sony/Samsung?)

Well your iPad is on WIFI so yes you should be able to control and device that is IP controllable that is on the same network as you r iPad.
post #510 of 663 Old 04-20-2019, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoover View Post
I'm finally back at it. Got tied up with other things called "life". I got a new iPad that will serve solely as a remote. Any recommendations on how best to set that up? It needs to be accessible by anyone thus it can't have a pass-code (plus that would make it difficult to use). iStuff tends to not be real flexible and geared toward individual use. Feedback appreciated!

Thanks

You should ask some one on the apple forums or stop in a local apple store to ask how to set up your iPad. Not sure what your asking here. This is not e DemoPad question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page