Calling all DemoPad Users - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #511 of 731 Old 04-20-2019, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg7321 View Post
nice
What are you running jRiver on?
Intel NUC7i5BNKP

i5 processor / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD / Win10

Cheers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 731 Old 04-20-2019, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoover View Post
I got a new iPad that will serve solely as a remote. Any recommendations on how best to set that up? It needs to be accessible by anyone thus it can't have a pass-code (plus that would make it difficult to use). iStuff tends to not be real flexible and geared toward individual use. Feedback appreciated!
I have a cover on my iPad and it locks / unlocks with closing / opening of the cover - no passcode required.

Go to Settings - Display & Brightness to turn Auto-Lock off and Lock / Unlock on.

Then Settings - Touch ID & Passcode to turn Passcode off.

I think that's it.

Cheers,
post #513 of 731 Old 04-20-2019, 04:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Can you IP control a device via WiFi connection? (I am thinking about replacing a TV mounted in a location where I can't run an Ethernet cable. Would I be able to control it via wifi with my Dpad remote if it has built-in wifi and is IP Control capable. IE Sony/Samsung?)
As mpg said the answer to this is yes. Recommend you give the wireless device a fixed IP address.

Cheers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 731 Old 04-23-2019, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
As mpg said the answer to this is yes. Recommend you give the wireless device a fixed IP address.

Cheers,
Great. I tend to use fixed IP addresses on all my devices except phones/pads that connected to other networks for obvious reasons.

Thanks

"A respectable amount of bourbon to pour in a glass is about two fingers worth. Lucky for me I have big fingers"
post #515 of 731 Old 04-23-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I have a cover on my iPad and it locks / unlocks with closing / opening of the cover - no passcode required.

Go to Settings - Display & Brightness to turn Auto-Lock off and Lock / Unlock on.

Then Settings - Touch ID & Passcode to turn Passcode off.

I think that's it.

Cheers,
I will try that!

Thanks

"A respectable amount of bourbon to pour in a glass is about two fingers worth. Lucky for me I have big fingers"
post #516 of 731 Old 04-29-2019, 03:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
I'm finally back at it. Got tied up with other things called "life". I got a new iPad that will serve solely as a remote. Any recommendations on how best to set that up? It needs to be accessible by anyone thus it can't have a pass-code (plus that would make it difficult to use). iStuff tends to not be real flexible and geared toward individual use. Feedback appreciated!

Thanks
Google "guided access ios"
This setting allows your i device to use exclusively just one app. It's beneficial because there is no unlocking of the device. The iPad simply displays the home screen of your remote app when turned on. You simply press the home button 3 times to turn guided access on/off. (guided access must be turned on in settings, first.) Once guides access is turned on, the only app that is displayed is the app that was loaded when you turned on guided access. This makes the iPad more like a true, dedicated remote.
Peter M, RGHoover and Killroy like this.
post #517 of 731 Old 04-29-2019, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post
This setting allows your i device to use exclusively just one app. It's beneficial because there is no unlocking of the device. The iPad simply displays the home screen of your remote app when turned on. You simply press the home button 3 times to turn guided access on/off. (guided access must be turned on in settings, first.) Once guides access is turned on, the only app that is displayed is the app that was loaded when you turned on guided access. This makes the iPad more like a true, dedicated remote.
How is it that I never knew about this feature?!?! This is one thing that I had always wanted for my remote iPad! Thank you!
post #518 of 731 Old 04-29-2019, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Demopad- Panasonic 2-way Feedback Question/Issues

In anticipation of the inevitable I've recently adopted Demopad coming from iRule and have made the conversion with relative ease. However, the one stumbling block I'm having is with 2-way feedback from a Panasonic VT60 Plasma TV. My iRule and now Demopad remote makes extensive use of 2 way feedback and I have no issues with Denon AVR, Kodi HTPC, ISY994 Light and Temperature control, etc., but I've had zero luck getting Demopad to communicate with the Panny as far as feedback. Sending commands and functionally controlling the Panny from Demopad is no issue, thanks to much I have found in this thread and on the web as well my iRule experience. When I send a command such as switching inputs to HDMI 1 I get a response "HTTP/1.1 200 OK", so I know that 2-way communication is occuring. Now I just need the right command structure to initiate a query. I'm looking for help and guidance here. Has any Demopad user out there been successful in Querying a Panasonic TV for feedback status? I think I have the responses in hand, I just need to understand the syntax and format for a query. This is the last piece that I need to complete my conversion. I have contacted Demopad Tech support, and while responsive to my question they really could not provide much specific help.

Thanks in advance.
post #519 of 731 Old 04-30-2019, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsiemon View Post
In anticipation of the inevitable I've recently adopted Demopad coming from iRule and have made the conversion with relative ease. However, the one stumbling block I'm having is with 2-way feedback from a Panasonic VT60 Plasma TV. My iRule and now Demopad remote makes extensive use of 2 way feedback and I have no issues with Denon AVR, Kodi HTPC, ISY994 Light and Temperature control, etc., but I've had zero luck getting Demopad to communicate with the Panny as far as feedback. Sending commands and functionally controlling the Panny from Demopad is no issue, thanks to much I have found in this thread and on the web as well my iRule experience. When I send a command such as switching inputs to HDMI 1 I get a response "HTTP/1.1 200 OK", so I know that 2-way communication is occuring. Now I just need the right command structure to initiate a query. I'm looking for help and guidance here. Has any Demopad user out there been successful in Querying a Panasonic TV for feedback status? I think I have the responses in hand, I just need to understand the syntax and format for a query. This is the last piece that I need to complete my conversion. I have contacted Demopad Tech support, and while responsive to my question they really could not provide much specific help.

Thanks in advance.

Sample of the command you are sending would help. Did you have this working iRule? Does the TV even have a query command?
post #520 of 731 Old 04-30-2019, 02:19 PM

mpg7321 - First thanks for taking a minute to read my post and respond.

Yes I have feedback working in iRule and it works great. I am able to get all current settings.

In DemoPad I am able to change settings using a command such as shown below (myHOSTIP is the Panny IP) for setting INPUT to HDMI1 and these work great. I have full functionality, just no feedback.

POST /nrc/control_0 HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0AHost: myHOSTIP:55000\x0D\x0ASOAPACTION: "urn:panasonic-com:service:p00NetworkControl:1#X_SendKey"\x0D\x0A Content-Length: 331\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>\x0D\x0A<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">\x0D\x0A<s:Body>\x0D\x0A<u:X_SendKey xmlns:u="urn:panasonic-com:service:p00NetworkControl:1">\x0D\x0A<X_KeyEve nt>NRC_HDMI1-ONOFF</X_KeyEvent>\x0D\x0A</u:X_SendKey>\x0D\x0A</s:Body>\x0D\x0A</s:Envelope>\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A

I tried to mimic this and what I have in iRule for requesting the current INPUT setting (QMI) and getting feedback as shown below, but no luck. All I get returned is HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

POST /pac/control_0? HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0AHost: myHOSTIP:55000\x0D\x0ASOAPACTION: "urn:panasonic-com:service:p00NetworkControl:1#X_SendKey"\x0D\x0A Content-Length:331\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><s:Envelope xmlns:s=" http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle=" http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"> <s:Body><u:X_SendInquiryCmd xmlns:u="urn:panasonic-com:service:p00ProAVControlService:1"><X_InquiryCm dType>PAC_QMI</X_InquiryCmdType></u:X_SendInquiryCmd></s:Body></s:Envelope>\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A

I've tried to use GET as well and that is just rejected as a Forbidden Command. Any insight is greatly appreciated as I have no expertise with using SOAP.

Last edited by jsiemon; 05-12-2019 at 08:13 AM.
post #521 of 731 Old 04-30-2019, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
mpg7321 - First thanks for taking a minute to read my post and respond.

Yes I have feedback working in iRule and it works great. I am able to get all current settings.

In DemoPad I am able to change settings using a command such as shown below (myHOSTIP is the Panny IP) for setting INPUT to HDMI1 and these work great. I have full functionality, just no feedback.

POST /nrc/control_0 HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0AHost: myHOSTIP:55000\x0D\x0ASOAPACTION: "urnanasonic-com:service00NetworkControl:1#X_SendKey"\x0D\x0A Content-Length: 331\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>\x0D\x0A<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">\x0D\x0A<s:Body>\x0D\x0A<u:X_SendKey xmlns:u="urnanasonic-com:service00NetworkControl:1">\x0D\x0A<X_KeyEve nt>NRC_HDMI1-ONOFF</X_KeyEvent>\x0D\x0A</u:X_SendKey>\x0D\x0A</s:Body>\x0D\x0A</s:Envelope>\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A

I tried to mimic this and what I have in iRule for requesting the current INPUT setting (QMI) and getting feedback as shown below, but no luck. All I get returned is HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

POST /pac/control_0? HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0AHost: myHOSTIP:55000\x0D\x0ASOAPACTION: "urnanasonic-com:service00NetworkControl:1#X_SendKey"\x0D\x0A Content-Length:331\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><s:Envelope xmlns:s=" http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle=" http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"> <s:Body><u:X_SendInquiryCmd xmlns:u="urnanasonic-com:service00ProAVControlService:1"><X_InquiryCm dType>PAC_QMI</X_InquiryCmdType></u:X_SendInquiryCmd></s:Body></s:Envelope>\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A

I've tried to use GET as well and that is just rejected as a Forbidden Command. Any insight is greatly appreciated as I have no expertise with using SOAP.

I have no idea why these emoji are appearing but they are a ":" followed immediately by "p"
In Theory it should be a "get" command. Are you using the basic or the pro version of DemoPad? In the Pro you can test IP and see the feedback in the builder. If you are using the basic version you need to use a third party software like Hercules to test and see the feedback. You are getting a bad request, how are you seeing this?

Try, its a long shot but see if this makes a difference,

GET /pac/control_0? HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0AHost: myHOSTIP:55000\x0D\x0ASOAPACTION: "urnanasonic-com:service00NetworkControl:1#X_SendKey"\x0D\x0A Content-Length:331\x200\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A
post #522 of 731 Old 04-30-2019, 09:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

When I was figuring out the SOAP stuff for my Sonos box, I found WireShark to be much more useful than Hercules.

WireShark would allow you to see all the HTTP traffic between iRule and the Panasonic, so you can copy it in Demopad.

You'll need a managed switch with port forwarding so all the traffic in / out of the Panasonic can be directed to your PC running WireShark.

Happy to help you through this if it's something you want to try.

Cheers,
post #523 of 731 Old 04-30-2019, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
How is it that I never knew about this feature?!?! This is one thing that I had always wanted for my remote iPad! Thank you!
Add me to the list that's never heard of this !!!

Will definitely give it a try.

Cheers,
post #524 of 731 Old 04-30-2019, 09:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

This is the switch I bought specifically for this purpose - switch

Should be about $30 in the US.

Cheers,
post #525 of 731 Old 05-01-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg7321 View Post
In Theory it should be a "get" command. Are you using the basic or the pro version of DemoPad? In the Pro you can test IP and see the feedback in the builder. If you are using the basic version you need to use a third party software like Hercules to test and see the feedback. You are getting a bad request, how are you seeing this?

Try, its a long shot but see if this makes a difference,

GET /pac/control_0? HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0AHost: myHOSTIP:55000\x0D\x0ASOAPACTION: "urnanasonic-com:service00NetworkControl:1#X_SendKey"\x0D\x0A Content-Length:331\x200\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion however I have found in the past that GET doesn't work, and so too this time. I get an HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden which is what I have gotten in the past when I have tried GET. In iRule all queries and commands to the Panny used POST. Unfortunately the syntax and use of gateways in iRule complicates the conversion to DemoPad.

As to how I am seeing what I am seeing; I have created a large dynamic label on my Panny demoPad page. I have the query command as a startup action on the Panny page. I have my feed back set to pattern match (.*) and mapped to the dynamic label, nothing else. This way whatever response I get from the Panny will be captured and displayed in the dynamic label. When I send a good command such as switching the input to HDMI , I get a HTTP/1.1/ 200 OK and as expected the input is switched. The command side is working perfectly, just not the feedback.

I've never used WireShark, but just in a quick read I see that it could be useful in determining/parsing responses to match but I struggle to see how it will help with getting the query command right. I already know what responses to look for based on my iRule development and the Panny docs. For example QMI is the request for the CURRENT INPUT. The response to look for has QMI: as the prefix, and so on. I really believe it is just about getting the query command structure, syntax, and properly format. The rest should be easy. If I am missing something please don't hesitate to correct me. I am open to all suggestions.

Thanks again to all for taking time to comment.
post #526 of 731 Old 05-01-2019, 04:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I've never used WireShark, but just in a quick read I see that it could be useful in determining/parsing responses to match but I struggle to see how it will help with getting the query command right. I already know what responses to look for based on my iRule development and the Panny docs. For example QMI is the request for the CURRENT INPUT. The response to look for has QMI: as the prefix, and so on. I really believe it is just about getting the query command structure, syntax, and properly format. The rest should be easy. If I am missing something please don't hesitate to correct me. I am open to all suggestions.
My understanding is that you have iRule sending queries and parsing feedback and you want to replicate this with Demopad.

So use WireShark to grab the comms in / out of the Panasonic when it's being controlled by iRule and you'll have all the query commands to duplicate into Demopad.

Cheers,
post #527 of 731 Old 05-01-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
My understanding is that you have iRule sending queries and parsing feedback and you want to replicate this with Demopad.

So use WireShark to grab the comms in / out of the Panasonic when it's being controlled by iRule and you'll have all the query commands to duplicate into Demopad.

Cheers,
Ahhh Haa! Now that makes perfect sense. I'm too deep into the weeds. I missed the iRule part in your earlier post. Brilliant suggestion! I guess my next stop will be to learn how to use WireShark. I have a feeling I'll be back on this forum with some new questions in the future.

Obviously feedback isn't critical to the remote functionality but I've made this a personal challenge.

Thanks again.

Last edited by jsiemon; 05-01-2019 at 07:08 PM.
post #528 of 731 Old 05-01-2019, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

WireShark is pretty straight forward.

For Capture Filter you use the IP address of the TV for source and destination.

For Display filter use HTTP.

You then expand the packet you're interested in until you get to the details of the message.

From memory you can then right click on the message and save as text. I paste into a Word document for minor editing and then copy and paste into Demopad.

Cheers,
post #529 of 731 Old 05-03-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post
I did not expect that answer, but that is definitely THE answer!!

Thanks!!

post #530 of 731 Old 05-04-2019, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
I did not expect that answer, but that is definitely THE answer!!

Thanks!!
No problem. You may find that once you have your remote app opened with guided access, you can't put the device back into sleep mode. Just make sure that in the guided access options you have the sleep/wake button "on".
post #531 of 731 Old 05-06-2019, 02:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

So I tried guided access to see how it works, as my latest iPad has one annoying feature (!!??), but of course it locks down the iPad so that apps can't call each other, which is a problem for my Demopad setup, as it calls the Sonos app and JRemote app.

The annoyance is in the way the cover interacts with iOS. On the old iPad, close the cover with Demopad open, and it would still be there when the cover was opened. The new iPad goes back to the Home screen after the cover has been closed for a while. I'm not sure what the cutoff time is, but it seems to stay on Demopad for short closes of the cover, and goes home for longer closes. Anyone have any ideas or explanation for this behavior ? I've searched Settings and Google but can't find anything !

Cheers,
post #532 of 731 Old 05-10-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
WireShark is pretty straight forward.

For Capture Filter you use the IP address of the TV for source and destination.

For Display filter use HTTP.

You then expand the packet you're interested in until you get to the details of the message.

From memory you can then right click on the message and save as text. I paste into a Word document for minor editing and then copy and paste into Demopad.

Cheers,
Just a quick followup and thank you. I followed your recommendation, bought a GS105E on eBay for $20.00US, mirrored the TV IP and used Wire Shark to capture and interrogate the packet traffic. Using my working iRule command set, I was able to to capture the proper Header and SOAP structure for getting 2-way feedback from the Panny Viera VT60 Plasma. I have implemented them in DemoPAD and they work for the most part. Not nearly as smooth as iRule, but generally they work. I mean the Queries definitely work and I get correct responses that I can see using Wire Shark. My issue is that sometimes DemoPad is very slow to capture, parse and display the responses, often taking 2-4 refreshes of the page for the dynamic labels to update properly. I have queries as startup actions on my Panny Control Page which is how I had iRule setup, and demoPad with my Denon AVR. There is also one feedback that will not display in DemoPAD no matter what I try. Very Flaky. What I do have working( mostly) is INPUT, VOLUME, MUTE STATUS, DISPLAY SETTING (1080p, 720p, etc) and PICTURE (THX, CINEMA, PRO Calibration, ETC) Although I spent way too many hours on this for what I gained in usability and eye candy, I learned a lot and met the challenge I set for myself which is why we do this hobby. Anyway I've got the query command structure nailed and couldn't have done it without the help of this forum and your suggestion in particular. Thanks.
post #533 of 731 Old 05-10-2019, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Just a quick followup and thank you. I followed your recommendation, bought a GS105E on eBay for $20.00US, mirrored the TV IP and used Wire Shark to capture and interrogate the packet traffic. Using my working iRule command set, I was able to to capture the proper Header and SOAP structure for getting 2-way feedback from the Panny Viera VT60 Plasma. I have implemented them in DemoPAD and they work for the most part. Not nearly as smooth as iRule, but generally they work. I mean the Queries definitely work and I get correct responses that I can see using Wire Shark. My issue is that sometimes DemoPad is very slow to capture, parse and display the responses, often taking 2-4 refreshes of the page for the dynamic labels to update properly. I have queries as startup actions on my Panny Control Page which is how I had iRule setup, and demoPad with my Denon AVR. There is also one feedback that will not display in DemoPAD no matter what I try. Very Flaky. What I do have working( mostly) is INPUT, VOLUME, MUTE STATUS, DISPLAY SETTING (1080p, 720p, etc) and PICTURE (THX, CINEMA, PRO Calibration, ETC) Although I spent way too many hours on this for what I gained in usability and eye candy, I learned a lot and met the challenge I set for myself which is why we do this hobby. Anyway I've got the query command structure nailed and couldn't have done it without the help of this forum and your suggestion in particular. Thanks.

I ran into this with my Philips Hue system. My get command worked but took a long time to get a response. So I sent the sample to support and they sent it back with a few changes to the command structure. I know this doesn't help directly you but I am guessing you still need to treek the command. post a copy of the command that is some what working. Maybe Peter can help, hes much better at this then I am.
post #534 of 731 Old 05-11-2019, 01:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That's great that you go it to work ! I certainly spend way more time on this sort of stuff than a sane person could possibly justify, but it's all learning, fun and part of the hobby.

Overall I've found Demopad feedback to work pretty well, but there are certainly some things it does better than others. Short but fast moving feedback like volume control works well for me. Running a large number of pattern matches on a single feedback also seems to work well. Where I struggled was with Sonos feedback as it's really long. Here's an example of the feedback to a Browse command requesting the next six tracks -

<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<s:Body>
<u:BrowseResponse xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1">
<Result>
&lt;DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc=&quot;http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/&quot; xmlns:upnp=&quot;urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/&quot; xmlns:r=&quot;urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/&quot; xmlns=&quot;urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/&quot;&gt;
&lt;item id=&quot;Q:0/1&quot; parentID=&quot;Q:0&quot; restricted=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;res protocolInfo=&quot;x-file-cifs:*:audio/flac:*&quot;&gt;x-file-cifs://xxxxxxxNAS-1/Public/music/Moby/Innocents/01%20-%20Everything%20That%20Rises.flac&lt;/res&gt;&lt;upnp:albumArtURI&gt;/getaa?u=x-file-cifs%3a%2f%2fxxxxxxxNAS-1%2fPublic%2fmusic%2fMoby%2fInnocents%2f01%2520-%2520Everything%2520That%2520Rises.flac&amp;amp;v= 35&lt;/upnp:albumArtURI&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Everything That Rises&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.item.audioIte m.musicTrack&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:creator&gt;Moby&lt;/dc:creator&gt;&lt;upnp:album&gt;Innocents&lt;/upnp:album&gt;&lt;upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;1&lt ;/upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;&lt;r:narrator&gt;Moby &lt;/r:narrator&gt;&lt;/item&gt;
&lt;item id=&quot;Q:0/2&quot; parentID=&quot;Q:0&quot; restricted=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;res protocolInfo=&quot;x-file-cifs:*:audio/flac:*&quot;&gt;x-file-cifs://xxxxxxNAS-1/Public/music/Moby/Innocents/02%20-%20A%20Case%20for%20Shame.flac&lt;/res&gt;&lt;upnp:albumArtURI&gt;/getaa?u=x-file-cifs%3a%2f%2fxxxxxxxNAS-1%2fPublic%2fmusic%2fMoby%2fInnocents%2f02%2520-%2520A%2520Case%2520for%2520Shame.flac&amp;amp;v=3 5&lt;/upnp:albumArtURI&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;A Case for Shame&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.item.audioIte m.musicTrack&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:creator&gt;Moby&lt;/dc:creator&gt;&lt;upnp:album&gt;Innocents&lt;/upnp:album&gt;&lt;upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;2&lt ;/upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;&lt;r:narrator&gt;Moby &lt;/r:narrator&gt;&lt;/item&gt;
&lt;item id=&quot;Q:0/3&quot; parentID=&quot;Q:0&quot; restricted=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;res protocolInfo=&quot;x-file-cifs:*:audio/flac:*&quot;&gt;x-file-cifs://xxxxxxxNAS-1/Public/music/Moby/Innocents/03%20-%20Almost%20Home.flac&lt;/res&gt;&lt;upnp:albumArtURI&gt;/getaa?u=x-file-cifs%3a%2f%2fxxxxxxxNAS-1%2fPublic%2fmusic%2fMoby%2fInnocents%2f03%2520-%2520Almost%2520Home.flac&amp;amp;v=35&lt;/upnp:albumArtURI&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Almost Home&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.item.audioIte m.musicTrack&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:creator&gt;Moby&lt;/dc:creator&gt;&lt;upnp:album&gt;Innocents&lt;/upnp:album&gt;&lt;upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;3&lt ;/upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;&lt;r:narrator&gt;Moby &lt;/r:narrator&gt;&lt;/item&gt;
&lt;item id=&quot;Q:0/4&quot; parentID=&quot;Q:0&quot; restricted=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;res protocolInfo=&quot;x-file-cifs:*:audio/flac:*&quot;&gt;x-file-cifs://xxxxxxxNAS-1/Public/music/Moby/Innocents/04%20-%20Going%20Wrong.flac&lt;/res&gt;&lt;upnp:albumArtURI&gt;/getaa?u=x-file-cifs%3a%2f%2fxxxxxxxNAS-1%2fPublic%2fmusic%2fMoby%2fInnocents%2f04%2520-%2520Going%2520Wrong.flac&amp;amp;v=35&lt;/upnp:albumArtURI&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Going Wrong&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.item.audioIte m.musicTrack&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:creator&gt;Moby&lt;/dc:creator&gt;&lt;upnp:album&gt;Innocents&lt;/upnp:album&gt;&lt;upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;4&lt ;/upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;&lt;r:narrator&gt;Moby &lt;/r:narrator&gt;&lt;/item&gt;
&lt;item id=&quot;Q:0/5&quot; parentID=&quot;Q:0&quot; restricted=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;res protocolInfo=&quot;x-file-cifs:*:audio/flac:*&quot;&gt;x-file-cifs://xxxxxxxNAS-1/Public/music/Moby/Innocents/05%20-%20The%20Perfect%20Life.flac&lt;/res&gt;&lt;upnp:albumArtURI&gt;/getaa?u=x-file-cifs%3a%2f%2fxxxxxxxNAS-1%2fPublic%2fmusic%2fMoby%2fInnocents%2f05%2520-%2520The%2520Perfect%2520Life.flac&amp;amp;v=35&lt ;/upnp:albumArtURI&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;The Perfect Life&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.item.audioIte m.musicTrack&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:creator&gt;Moby&lt;/dc:creator&gt;&lt;upnp:album&gt;Innocents&lt;/upnp:album&gt;&lt;upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;5&lt ;/upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;&lt;r:narrator&gt;Moby &lt;/r:narrator&gt;&lt;/item&gt;
&lt;item id=&quot;Q:0/6&quot; parentID=&quot;Q:0&quot; restricted=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;res protocolInfo=&quot;x-file-cifs:*:audio/flac:*&quot;&gt;x-file-cifs://xxxxxxxNAS-1/Public/music/Moby/Innocents/06%20-%20The%20Last%20Day.flac&lt;/res&gt;&lt;upnp:albumArtURI&gt;/getaa?u=x-file-cifs%3a%2f%2fxxxxxxxNAS-1%2fPublic%2fmusic%2fMoby%2fInnocents%2f06%2520-%2520The%2520Last%2520Day.flac&amp;amp;v=35&lt;/upnp:albumArtURI&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;The Last Day&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.item.audioIte m.musicTrack&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:creator&gt;Moby&lt;/dc:creator&gt;&lt;upnp:album&gt;Innocents&lt;/upnp:album&gt;&lt;upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;6&lt ;/upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;&lt;r:narrator&gt;Moby &lt;/r:narrator&gt;&lt;/item&gt;
&lt;/DIDL-Lite&gt;
</Result>
<NumberReturned>6</NumberReturned>
<TotalMatches>28</TotalMatches>
<UpdateID>6</UpdateID>
</u:BrowseResponse>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

I was unable to reliably extract more than four track names, so ended up settling for that instead of six. This is the only time that Demopad has let me down.

If you want to pursue the feedback that's not working, then please post the feedback and your Demopad settings and we can see if there's anything obviously wrong.

Cheers,

Last edited by Peter M; 05-12-2019 at 12:15 AM.
post #535 of 731 Old 05-11-2019, 02:35 PM

Panasonic VT60 Plasma 2-Way FEEDBACK ISSUES SOLVED

Quote:
That's great that you go it to work ! I certainly spend way more time on this sort of stuff than a sane person could possibly justify, but it's all learning, fun and part of the hobby.

Overall I've found Demopad feedback to work pretty well, but there are certainly some things it does better than others. Short but fast moving feedback like volume control works well for me. Running a large number of pattern matches on a single feedback also seems to work well. Where I struggled was with Sonos feedback as it's really long. Here's an example of the feedback to a Browse command requesting the next six tracks -

<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<s:Body>
<u:BrowseResponse xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1">
<Result>
&lt;DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc=&quot;http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/&quot; xmlns:upnp=&quot;urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/&quot; xmlns:r=&quot;urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/&quot; xmlns=&quot;urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/&quot;&gt;
&lt;item id=&quot;Q:0/1&quot; parentID=&quot;Q:0&quot; restricted=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;res protocolInfo=&quot;x-file-cifs:*:audio/flac:*&quot;&gt;x-file-cifs://xxxxxxxNAS-1/Public/music/Moby/Innocents/01%20-%20Everything%20That%20Rises.flac&lt;/res&gt;&lt;upnp:albumArtURI&gt;/getaa?u=x-file-cifs%3a%2f%2fxxxxxxxNAS-1%2fPublic%2fmusic%2fMoby%2fInnocents%2f01%2520-%2520Everything%2520That%2520Rises.flac&amp;amp;v= 35&lt;/upnp:albumArtURI&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Everything That Rises&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.item.audioIte m.musicTrack&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:creator&gt;Moby&lt;/dc:creator&gt;&lt;upnp:album&gt;Innocents&lt;/upnp:album&gt;&lt;upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;1&lt ;/upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;&lt;r:narrator&gt;Moby &lt;/r:narrator&gt;&lt;/item&gt;
&lt;item id=&quot;Q:0/2&quot; parentID=&quot;Q:0&quot; restricted=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;res protocolInfo=&quot;x-file-cifs:*:audio/flac:*&quot;&gt;x-file-cifs://xxxxxxNAS-1/Public/music/Moby/Innocents/02%20-%20A%20Case%20for%20Shame.flac&lt;/res&gt;&lt;upnp:albumArtURI&gt;/getaa?u=x-file-cifs%3a%2f%2fxxxxxxxNAS-1%2fPublic%2fmusic%2fMoby%2fInnocents%2f02%2520-%2520A%2520Case%2520for%2520Shame.flac&amp;amp;v=3 5&lt;/upnp:albumArtURI&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;A Case for Shame&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.item.audioIte m.musicTrack&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:creator&gt;Moby&lt;/dc:creator&gt;&lt;upnp:album&gt;Innocents&lt;/upnp:album&gt;&lt;upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;2&lt ;/upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;&lt;r:narrator&gt;Moby &lt;/r:narrator&gt;&lt;/item&gt;
&lt;item id=&quot;Q:0/3&quot; parentID=&quot;Q:0&quot; restricted=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;res protocolInfo=&quot;x-file-cifs:*:audio/flac:*&quot;&gt;x-file-cifs://xxxxxxxNAS-1/Public/music/Moby/Innocents/03%20-%20Almost%20Home.flac&lt;/res&gt;&lt;upnp:albumArtURI&gt;/getaa?u=x-file-cifs%3a%2f%2fxxxxxxxNAS-1%2fPublic%2fmusic%2fMoby%2fInnocents%2f03%2520-%2520Almost%2520Home.flac&amp;amp;v=35&lt;/upnp:albumArtURI&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Almost Home&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.item.audioIte m.musicTrack&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:creator&gt;Moby&lt;/dc:creator&gt;&lt;upnp:album&gt;Innocents&lt;/upnp:album&gt;&lt;upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;3&lt ;/upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;&lt;r:narrator&gt;Moby &lt;/r:narrator&gt;&lt;/item&gt;
&lt;item id=&quot;Q:0/4&quot; parentID=&quot;Q:0&quot; restricted=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;res protocolInfo=&quot;x-file-cifs:*:audio/flac:*&quot;&gt;x-file-cifs://xxxxxxxNAS-1/Public/music/Moby/Innocents/04%20-%20Going%20Wrong.flac&lt;/res&gt;&lt;upnp:albumArtURI&gt;/getaa?u=x-file-cifs%3a%2f%2fxxxxxxxNAS-1%2fPublic%2fmusic%2fMoby%2fInnocents%2f04%2520-%2520Going%2520Wrong.flac&amp;amp;v=35&lt;/upnp:albumArtURI&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Going Wrong&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.item.audioIte m.musicTrack&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:creator&gt;Moby&lt;/dc:creator&gt;&lt;upnp:album&gt;Innocents&lt;/upnp:album&gt;&lt;upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;4&lt ;/upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;&lt;r:narrator&gt;Moby &lt;/r:narrator&gt;&lt;/item&gt;
&lt;item id=&quot;Q:0/5&quot; parentID=&quot;Q:0&quot; restricted=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;res protocolInfo=&quot;x-file-cifs:*:audio/flac:*&quot;&gt;x-file-cifs://xxxxxxxNAS-1/Public/music/Moby/Innocents/05%20-%20The%20Perfect%20Life.flac&lt;/res&gt;&lt;upnp:albumArtURI&gt;/getaa?u=x-file-cifs%3a%2f%2fxxxxxxxNAS-1%2fPublic%2fmusic%2fMoby%2fInnocents%2f05%2520-%2520The%2520Perfect%2520Life.flac&amp;amp;v=35&lt ;/upnp:albumArtURI&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;The Perfect Life&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.item.audioIte m.musicTrack&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:creator&gt;Moby&lt;/dc:creator&gt;&lt;upnp:album&gt;Innocents&lt;/upnp:album&gt;&lt;upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;5&lt ;/upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;&lt;r:narrator&gt;Moby &lt;/r:narrator&gt;&lt;/item&gt;
&lt;item id=&quot;Q:0/6&quot; parentID=&quot;Q:0&quot; restricted=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;res protocolInfo=&quot;x-file-cifs:*:audio/flac:*&quot;&gt;x-file-cifs://xxxxxxxNAS-1/Public/music/Moby/Innocents/06%20-%20The%20Last%20Day.flac&lt;/res&gt;&lt;upnp:albumArtURI&gt;/getaa?u=x-file-cifs%3a%2f%2fxxxxxxxNAS-1%2fPublic%2fmusic%2fMoby%2fInnocents%2f06%2520-%2520The%2520Last%2520Day.flac&amp;amp;v=35&lt;/upnp:albumArtURI&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;The Last Day&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.item.audioIte m.musicTrack&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:creator&gt;Moby&lt;/dc:creator&gt;&lt;upnp:album&gt;Innocents&lt;/upnp:album&gt;&lt;upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;6&lt ;/upnp:originalTrackNumber&gt;&lt;r:narrator&gt;Moby &lt;/r:narrator&gt;&lt;/item&gt;
&lt;/DIDL-Lite&gt;
</Result>
<NumberReturned>6</NumberReturned>
<TotalMatches>28</TotalMatches>
<UpdateID>6</UpdateID>
</u:BrowseResponse>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

I was unable to reliably extract more than four track names, so ended up settling for that instead of six. This is the only time that Demopad has let me down.

If you want to pursue the feedback that's not working, then please post the feedback and your Demopad settings and we can see if there's anything obviously wrong.

Cheers,

SUCCESS!! Everything Working Now and Fast!

In the spirit of giving back and helping other current and future DemoPad users on this forum, here is the command line structure to query a Panasonic Viera VT60 Plasma display. Pay close attention to white-spaces. There are only a few and they are all single spaces.

POST /pac/control_0 HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0AHost: 192.168.0.106:55000\x0D\x0ASOAPAction: "urn:panasonic-com:service:p00ProAVControlService:1#X_SendInquiry Cmd"\x0D\x0AContent-Length: 339\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A<?xml
version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><s:Body><u:X_SendInquiryCmd
xmlns:u="urn:panasonic-com:service:p00ProAVControlService:1"><X_InquiryCm dType>PAC_QAS</X_InquiryCmdType></u:X_SendInquiryCmd></s:Body></s:Envelope>

In the example above, the command PAC_QAS initiates an ASPECT QUERY. Other Queries are:
Aspect: PAC_QAS Returns ZOOM, FULL, NORM, JUST, HFIL, SJST for side just, SZOM for side zoom
Picture: PAC_QPC Returns picture setting PR1, PR2 for pro calibrations, THX, CNM for cinema, THB for THX bright, STD, VVT for vivid, CST for custom, HTR for theater
Display: PAC_QIF Returns 1080p, 720p, 480p, etc
Input: PAC_QMI Returns H1,H2,H3 for HDMI, C1 for Component, V1 for Video, SDU for SD/USB
Volume: PAC_QAV Returns (\d\d\d) 3 digit number
Mute: PAC_QAM Returns a 0 or 1

In the feedback settings set Response Terminator to \x3C\x2F and do not check the "incude response terminator..." box as it will slow everything down.

Pattern/Data matches are

>QAV:(\d\d\d)</ for Volume a 3 digit number
>QAM:(.*)</ a label of 0 (muteOFF) or 1 (muteON)
>QIF:(.*)</ or >QIF:1080p</ or etc
>QAS:(.*)</ or >QAS:FULL</, or >QAS:ZOOM</, or etc
>QMI:(.*)</ or >QMI:H1</, or >QMI:H2</, or etc
>QPC:(.*)</ or >QPC:PR1</, or >QPC:PR2/<, or etc

Hopefully this information will help others to reduce their time and frustration. I have all of this working well now, and DemoPad is very responsive in populating the dynamic labels now that I unchecked the pattern matching for the Response Terminator. It would seem that was really slowing things down and seems to be the root cause of the slow response I saw relative to iRule. Now I would say DemoPad is at least as fast and smooth as iRule if not more so.

As I noted in my previous post, I was having trouble getting a response from QAS to populate a dynamic label, but it turned out to be a misplaced white-space and now everything is working is fine.

Thanks again to this Forum and especially to Peter M for his help and insight.

Last edited by jsiemon; 05-12-2019 at 09:26 AM.
post #536 of 731 Old 05-12-2019, 12:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Awesome !

I wasn't aware of the "include response terminator..." check box and had never paid it any attention. After seeing your message I've been through all my feedbacks and it's not checked in any of them, which I believe is the default.

To get rid of the emojis you need to Go Advanced in the reply editor and then you get these options -

I've just checked one of my posts above and these options also appear if you edit a post.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	smilies.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	2565674  
post #537 of 731 Old 05-13-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Awesome !

I wasn't aware of the "include response terminator..." check box and had never paid it any attention. After seeing your message I've been through all my feedbacks and it's not checked in any of them, which I believe is the default.

To get rid of the emojis you need to Go Advanced in the reply editor and then you get these options -

I've just checked one of my posts above and these options also appear if you edit a post.

Cheers,
Thanks Peter M. I think I have squashed the emojis.

Now that my 2-way feedback issues have been resolved, I’d like to pose another question to get the benefit of the user community experience.

Both the Panny Display and my HTPC running Kodi are started using WOL. I have toggle buttons set for both devices and they start and shutdown without issue, the button lights appropriately in an on state when the devices are set to ON so no problem controlling from DemoPad and getting proper button states with toggle flags.

However, we have other remotes, more than one iPad DemoPAD remote, and OpenHAB that we use to control these devices from various locations throughout the house. Does anyone have a good way to check the active/inactive state of such devices? I have a crude setup now that mostly works, but is not very elegant. In the case of the Panny for example I just test the query feedback of the mute state. If I am able to get either mutON or muteOFF feedback then the display is on, otherwise it is assumed to be off/inactive. I have repeating commands that set the PannyPwrON flag to OFF every 10 sec, and the mute query runs every 1.5 sec, so every 10 sec the toggle switch will blink when the button is lit and device is active, otherwise the toggle is in an off state but may take up to 10 sec to switch the button to OFF. It works, but I have to believe there is a better way.

Anyone have any experience or ideas with how to handle this type of device?

Thanks.
post #538 of 731 Old 05-14-2019, 02:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

For my HTPC I use EventGhost to provide a feedback confirming it's ON.

For the Panny I think this will do it -

Flag = PannyResponse
Flag = PannyPwr

In the Mute Query feedback add an action to set the flag PannyResponse = ON

Create a macro = PannyStatus

PannyResponse = OFF
MuteQuery
PannyPwr = ON depends on PannyResponse = ON
PannyPwr = OFF depends on Pannyresponse = OFF

Call the macro every 1.5 secs.

If you use EG on the HTPC then the same logic as above could be used.

Cheers,
post #539 of 731 Old 05-14-2019, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Flag = PannyResponse
Flag = PannyPwr

PannyResponse = OFF
MuteQuery

Cheers,

Wait what, you use EventGhost too. LOL I think your the first person I have come across in years that uses EG. I have been using it for over 10 years now. Though not so much now for I can do almost every thing in DemoPad. Also I went back to KODI, works better for me then jRiver. LOL Integrates better into Demopad.
post #540 of 731 Old 05-14-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:

Flag = PannyResponse
Flag = PannyPwr

PannyResponse = OFF
MuteQuery

Cheers,

Once again thank you Peter M for taking time to respond. Now I'm going to be a real NOOB. My original intent was to do exactly as you have described but I can't figure out how to create and call a Macro with DemoPAD Designer. I don't have the Pro version and I don't have a Centro Processor. In reading the Docs it seemed that I needed both to get the Macro Button to show in the DemoPAD Designer tool bar. As a result I resorted to just using a series of repeating individual commands with a consequence of a flashing button every 10 secs. I tried to implement your Macro as individual commands hoping that I missed something, but I have the same result as with my approach( If I set the repeat frequency too short Ithe button doesn't light at all or if I set the Panny Status flag to 10 sec, then the button flashes every 10 sec. ) Any guidance, if it is even possible, on how to create a Macro without a processor or Pro software would be appreciated. Otherwise I'll have to live with what I have for now, and move forward to implement the same strategy on the HTPC.

John

Last edited by jsiemon; 05-14-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page