Calling all DemoPad Users - Page 24 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #691 of 731 Old 09-05-2019, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave__C View Post
HI,
I have now started to build a new project using both the GC 100-12 as Device 1 and a ROKU ULTRA as Device 2.
As you can see in the attached photo, I now have a number of pages, quite a few commands in IR and IP and everything is working fine.

It may just be a big consequence, but my problem disappeared right after I downloaded the ROKU app to my iPad and used it successfully.

Don't know, but problem solved.
Thanks,
Dave
that's interesting. Maybe some thing like some old Sony Blu-Ray players. You had to install the Sony app on the iPad before you could use IP from iRule. It maybe a hand shake thing. Well glad you got it working. If you google the ROKU IP Protocol, you will find documentation on how to launch apps and how to get the app ID, like this will launch the YouTube app, POST /launch/837 HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 731 Old 09-07-2019, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks to all who helped here in this thread, I am continuing to add IP commands in my project for our ROKU. Working great.

So, I also want to start adding IP commands to my project for our OPPO 203 Disc player. I have printed out the IP Control Protocol and the 3 digit command codes from the OPPO website. But, I am wondering if their command structure will work in DemoPad?

Can someone please post an example of one of their commands that work using DemoPad. Maybe EJT (open tray) or VUP (increase volume)?

Thanks,
Dave
post #693 of 731 Old 09-18-2019, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg7321 View Post
WOW have you guys seen the price increase for the app. Now $149.00 I'm glad I got it when it was like $35.00 to $40.00 Not sure if a 3x price increase is a good sign or a bad sign for the company.
Wow I had not seen that. Agreed. Wonder what that means as well...

That price might scare off some DIY folks. I know it would probably scare me off unless maybe it came with a 60 day free trial period. At that price I don't think I would try it unless unless I was sure it would meet my needs. I would probably pay that now that I know it meets 95% of my needs. (The other 5% is me just not wanting to spend the time and effort programming the stuff in Designer...)

But that may be the model. They know the pros will use it and pass off the app cost to the client.

"A respectable amount of bourbon to pour in a glass is about two fingers worth. Lucky for me I have big fingers"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #694 of 731 Old 09-18-2019, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
WOW have you guys seen the price increase for the app. Now $149.00 I'm glad I got it when it was like $35.00 to $40.00 Not sure if a 3x price increase is a good sign or a bad sign for the company.

Where are you seeing the price at?

Wow... I found it. In the App store there are now two of them, a CentroControl and DemoControlHD

"Me Personally, I want to slay the dragon"
post #695 of 731 Old 09-18-2019, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett7660 View Post
Where are you seeing the price at?

Wow... I found it. In the App store there are now two of them, a CentroControl and DemoControlHD

I did email support and they said the reason for the increase was to help persuade people to buy there hardware. Remember if you have one of there units the app would be free. They change the Pro memberships. They are no longer offering a monthly fee for Pro membership. They upped the price and want a one lump some payment via bank transfer, they no longer willing to process credit cards. I don't know if I like this. Part of me is thinking these are not good signs for a company. I would recommend DL the installer and graphics sets and backing these files up just in case they close there doors.
post #696 of 731 Old 09-19-2019, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
I did email support and they said the reason for the increase was to help persuade people to buy there hardware. Remember if you have one of there units the app would be free. They change the Pro memberships. They are no longer offering a monthly fee for Pro membership. They upped the price and want a one lump some payment via bank transfer, they no longer willing to process credit cards. I don't know if I like this. Part of me is thinking these are not good signs for a company. I would recommend DL the installer and graphics sets and backing these files up just in case they close there doors.
Well this is a bummer. I had just started playing with their software and when I tried to publish/test what I created I couldn't figure out how to do it. After some clicking around I figure out how to get the QR code thing on the screen and then it tried to bill me $149 through the app. How can I even know whether I want to buy a centro controller without test driving the software? They're nuts. Oh well, on to something else I guess. I wish Kramer would sell off the iRule software/service and let someone carry on with it.
post #697 of 731 Old 09-23-2019, 04:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeonunh View Post
Well this is a bummer. I had just started playing with their software and when I tried to publish/test what I created I couldn't figure out how to do it. After some clicking around I figure out how to get the QR code thing on the screen and then it tried to bill me $149 through the app. How can I even know whether I want to buy a centro controller without test driving the software? They're nuts. Oh well, on to something else I guess. I wish Kramer would sell off the iRule software/service and let someone carry on with it.
The app is still free if you're using just one device, or if you are using Centro hardware. I would think you could test drive the app with one device to get a feel for it and then decide if it's worth buying. I would tell you, knowing what I know now about Demopad, I would spend $149 in a New York minute. It's worth every penny.
post #698 of 731 Old 09-23-2019, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post
The app is still free if you're using just one device, or if you are using Centro hardware. I would think you could test drive the app with one device to get a feel for it and then decide if it's worth buying. I would tell you, knowing what I know now about Demopad, I would spend $149 in a New York minute. It's worth every penny.
I'm going to hold off for now. I exchanged some emails with Demopad and they are in the middle of transitioning their business model to a B2B model with registered installers vs the B2C model they had. You can't actually buy their hardware right now either. I was told there should be a new version of the software being released in October that will have a trial period. If I'm still looking for a solution I'll give it another try then. For now I'm giving Home Remote a shot. So far I'm impressed with it's capabilities even though the learning curve is pretty steep. I'm also impressed with the responsiveness of the developer who has responded to a couple of my questions.
post #699 of 731 Old 09-23-2019, 06:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked: 438
I also tried to buy their hardware and it was IMPOSSIBLE!!!!
post #700 of 731 Old 10-06-2019, 07:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 154
I’m trying to update my build. I did the scan option and it says downloading files but it’s taking forever. I added a bunch of new stuff but should it take a long time?

I tried to also do the load by putting in the ip address but it doesn’t do anything. Jist goes instantly to my home page. Is there any other things I should be setting up to make it work that way?
post #701 of 731 Old 10-06-2019, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
I’m trying to update my build. I did the scan option and it says downloading files but it’s taking forever. I added a bunch of new stuff but should it take a long time?

I tried to also do the load by putting in the ip address but it doesn’t do anything. Jist goes instantly to my home page. Is there any other things I should be setting up to make it work that way?

So on the app, you where able to scan the QR code from the builder, correct? Are you leaving the window open in the builder?
post #702 of 731 Old 10-06-2019, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So on the app, you where able to scan the QR code from the builder, correct? Are you leaving the window open in the builder?
1. I was able to scan the QR code but the downloading now circle on ipad never loaded the build. I then updated the design software and it worked. But now I'm going to have to pay the annual fee. Why did it not work with the old version but did with the new version?

2. I have been uploading and copy/pasting IR codes for a few hours. Got all those devices working well. My Marantz SR6011 A/V is networked controlled via irule right now. it was all copy and paste. nice and easy. i have no idea how to do IP control in this app. Can you walk me through it?
post #703 of 731 Old 10-06-2019, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
1. I was able to scan the QR code but the downloading now circle on ipad never loaded the build. I then updated the design software and it worked. But now I'm going to have to pay the annual fee. Why did it not work with the old version but did with the new version?

2. I have been uploading and copy/pasting IR codes for a few hours. Got all those devices working well. My Marantz SR6011 A/V is networked controlled via irule right now. it was all copy and paste. nice and easy. i have no idea how to do IP control in this app. Can you walk me through it?

You should have to pay the annual fee, unless they just changed something. With the fee you get a few drivers unlocked and you can see IP feedback in the builder. I was paying the monthly fee but they changed it to a annual payment and upped the price so I decided to pass. Support told me to just not pay it. I assume every thing is going to still work. Is your builder telling you that you must pay a fee?

as for IP it can be a bit tricky. I do not have a Marantz receiver so I do not know what there IP protocol looks like. Maybe post a few examples.
post #704 of 731 Old 10-07-2019, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:

You should have to pay the annual fee, unless they just changed something. With the fee you get a few drivers unlocked and you can see IP feedback in the builder. I was paying the monthly fee but they changed it to a annual payment and upped the price so I decided to pass. Support told me to just not pay it. I assume every thing is going to still work. Is your builder telling you that you must pay a fee?

as for IP it can be a bit tricky. I do not have a Marantz receiver so I do not know what there IP protocol looks like. Maybe post a few examples.
Ya the builder is telling me in 7 days I have to pay. I’ll pay for this year as I do my build and then not renew next year. It gives u cloud backup and synch like irule was so that’s nice at least.

I’ll post up the marantz network codes once I find them. I might have to pop over to the marantz threads for some help there.
post #705 of 731 Old 10-07-2019, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Ya the builder is telling me in 7 days I have to pay. I’ll pay for this year as I do my build and then not renew next year. It gives u cloud backup and synch like irule was so that’s nice at least.

I’ll post up the marantz network codes once I find them. I might have to pop over to the marantz threads for some help there.
If you go to iRule and go and click on one of the Marantz commands, doesn’t it give you the actual codes? Or is there something different about Marantz?
post #706 of 731 Old 10-07-2019, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

How much is the fee?
post #707 of 731 Old 10-07-2019, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

1. I’m trying to make an on macro for a tv and Blu-ray player.

I simply want tv to turn on. Blu-ray to turn on. Input on tv to change. I am playing with delays and I can’t get the input to change.

I have

Tv on
Blu-ray on 1.5 sec delay
Input change 6 sec delay

No matter what the delays r the input won’t change. I’m writing it like I did for iRule. Am I doing this wrong. I know code works. I tested it in designer.

2. Network commands from irule: I have no idea what to do with these in demopad to use them. i can't even figure out how to make a ip device.

just a few

Power on PWON\x0D
Power off PWSTANDBY\x0D
Vol down MVDOWN\x0D
Vol up MVUP\x0D

Last edited by jimim; 10-07-2019 at 05:10 PM.
post #708 of 731 Old 10-07-2019, 05:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
How much is the fee?
well over 100.00. I forgot from the email. It wasn't in dollars.

I'm waiting to hear back from them.
post #709 of 731 Old 10-07-2019, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
1. I’m trying to make an on macro for a tv and Blu-ray player.

I simply want tv to turn on. Blu-ray to turn on. Input on tv to change. I am playing with delays and I can’t get the input to change.

I have

Tv on
Blu-ray on 1.5 sec delay
Input change 6 sec delay

No matter what the delays r the input won’t change. I’m writing it like I did for iRule. Am I doing this wrong. I know code works. I tested it in designer.

2. Network commands from irule: I have no idea what to do with these in demopad to use them. i can't even figure out how to make a ip device.

just a few

Power on PWON\x0D
Power off PWSTANDBY\x0D
Vol down MVDOWN\x0D
Vol up MVUP\x0D

For your macro I don't know why it wouldn't work, unless a command is tying up the GC. I would try adding three buttons and assign the commands used in the macro one to each button and pay around with that. Make sure every thing is working. Wouldn't think you would need a delay between firing up the TV and turning on the Blu-ray player. Another option for a macro would be to use numbers when the button is pressed it sets a value for a number, and then in the number setting, create the macro steps that would be sent when a number is set to a value.

for the IP, try: !1PWON\x0D

To add an IP device, just add a device and select "Gernaric IP" for the device type. Enter in your devices port number and then add the commands just like you did for IR. The command Suffix may need to be changed, most use either \x0D\x0A or \x0D. Try both..
post #710 of 731 Old 10-07-2019, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 323
jimim,

I'm using IP control for a Marantz 7704, including feedbacks. This is what the IP device looks like -

If you PM me your email address I can send you the .dc1 and .dc2 files which should include most of what you need. I can also send you the official Marantz IP protocol document.

You can also go back in this thread a few pages where we discussed in detail getting volume feedback to work for Denon / Marantz.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	processor 1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	2625168  
post #711 of 731 Old 10-08-2019, 05:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
jimim,

I'm using IP control for a Marantz 7704, including feedbacks. This is what the IP device looks like -

If you PM me your email address I can send you the .dc1 and .dc2 files which should include most of what you need. I can also send you the official Marantz IP protocol document.

You can also go back in this thread a few pages where we discussed in detail getting volume feedback to work for Denon / Marantz.

Cheers,
Sent. Thanks man!
post #712 of 731 Old 10-08-2019, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
1. I’️m trying to make an on macro for a tv and Blu-ray player.

I simply want tv to turn on. Blu-ray to turn on. Input on tv to change. I am playing with delays and I can’️t get the input to change.

I have

Tv on
Blu-ray on 1.5 sec delay
Input change 6 sec delay

No matter what the delays r the input won’️t change. I’️m writing it like I did for iRule. Am I doing this wrong. I know code works. I tested it in designer.

just a few

Power on PWON\x0D
Power off PWSTANDBY\x0D
Vol down MVDOWN\x0D
Vol up MVUP\x0D

For your macro I don't know why it wouldn't work, unless a command is tying up the GC. I would try adding three buttons and assign the commands used in the macro one to each button and pay around with that. Make sure every thing is working. Wouldn't think you would need a delay between firing up the TV and turning on the Blu-ray player. Another option for a macro would be to use numbers when the button is pressed it sets a value for a number, and then in the number setting, create the macro steps that would be sent when a number is set to a value.

for the IP, try: !1PWON\x0D

To add an IP device, just add a device and select "Gernaric IP" for the device type. Enter in your devices port number and then add the commands just like you did for IR. The command Suffix may need to be changed, most use either \x0D\x0A or \x0D. Try both..
Oh final cost yearly for design studio is 156. I forcthe invoice today.

I know the hdmi command works. I tested it in builder and made a button for it and it worked with no issue.
I but a delay in for the Blu-ray on cause in irule Itai always had me put delays inbetween commands.

I’m stuck in the hdmi input. I don’t know what you mean by the other work around with numbers though.
post #713 of 731 Old 10-08-2019, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

V3 of the builder now requires an annual fee. I sent them a very disappointed email on bad business practice. I am very unhappy with them increasing the app be a factor of 3 and now require every one else to pay for the builder. Does any one have an v2 installer of the builder?
post #714 of 731 Old 10-08-2019, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
V3 of the builder now requires an annual fee. I sent them a very disappointed email on bad business practice. I am very unhappy with them increasing the app be a factor of 3 and now require every one else to pay for the builder. Does any one have an v2 installer of the builder?
They told me I could go back if I want but I’m going to pay the yearly fee. It will give me cloud synch which will make things easier.
post #715 of 731 Old 10-08-2019, 05:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I got a ton done tonight. My living room, master bed, kitchen, and bar areas are done. Tomorrow night I'll do my basement living room setup.

I got the networked Marantz working. Thanks for the help with that so far Peter.

I got the macro for my master bedroom working too. I needed a long delay for the HDMI input cause the pioneer plasma takes so long to fire up. Ya I'm still using one. 10 years old now I think?

I also have channel macros working. That is a rainy day project cause loading all those codes with delays is going to take forever.

Tomorrow night I should have a solid hold on the setup. Then I can play around with incorporating other things I had running in irule. I used the remote last night up in bad. worked well. pretty quick. I like it so far.
post #716 of 731 Old 10-09-2019, 03:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hi Jim,

That's great !

Check your email - just sent you the files - hope they are of use.

Cheers,
post #717 of 731 Old 10-09-2019, 09:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

With all the discussion of new pricing etc. I decided to go take a look, but cannot find anything whatsoever on their web site regarding prices for their hardware, the iOS app or the builder.

How do they expect people to make a value decision if the info's not available ???

The whole thing is a mess. This link on their web site -

takes me to a log in page, which takes me here -

but the download link is not v2.376 but something like v3.101 which is the paid version of the builder.

And how on earth do they think it's OK to say you need an annual per-PC licence without telling you the price ??!!

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	demopad.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	2626066   Click image for larger version

Name:	demopad 2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	2626068  
post #718 of 731 Old 10-09-2019, 09:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I don't have a problem paying a reasonable annual fee, but all this price obfuscation is completely unacceptable.

Cheers,
post #719 of 731 Old 10-09-2019, 09:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have the v2.376 installer.

Cheers,
post #720 of 731 Old 10-09-2019, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
I have the v2.376 installer.

Cheers,

KK, I completely agree. There is such a lack of info on this. I only found out prices when the app jumped in price and I reached out to support. Then just what we all posted. This is not way to run a business. I am sad that this happened. I was paying the lower monthly fee to help them out and in hoped we dont have another iRule situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page