Calling all DemoPad Users - Page 27 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 32Likes

post #781 of 789 Old 12-28-2019, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj1 View Post
I must admit I am pretty confused with the costing of Demopad. I'm presently using V3.103 Pro version on a 31 day trial. I use 2 IP2IR devices. Since adding both devices i've been asked to pay £149.00 even though I'm still on the trial?

Reading back through some post it appears there could also be an annul fee for V3 Pro but not for V2. Any idea how much the fee would be for V3. Is V2 still available to down load ?

That's one of the things I am not happy about. There is no info on there website. You have to pay for the app unless you buy there hardware. Then the app is free. Then there is a annul fee for the current builder. You may want to to email support for all pricing info. The old app allows you to use only one device for free. If you add more then they want you to buy it. That may be what your running into.
RGHoover and magicj1 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 789 Old 12-30-2019, 12:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Don't suppose anyone has a IP code to control a Datasat processor. Just one code will do to compare to iRule's. For instance, the code used set set the Volume Fader to 20 in iRule would be '@FADER 20\x0D'

Last edited by magicj1; 12-30-2019 at 12:58 PM.
post #783 of 789 Old 12-30-2019, 08:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 355
That looks fine - you should be able to use the same commands, but i guess if you're asking then you've tried it and it doesn't work ?

Cheers,
magicj1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #784 of 789 Old 12-30-2019, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Don't suppose anyone has a IP code to control a Datasat processor. Just one code will do to compare to iRule's. For instance, the code used set set the Volume Fader to 20 in iRule would be '@FADER 20\x0D'

A complete ques, try

POST /@FADER 20 HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0D

You may have to add content length. I would send that sample to support and see if they can help out.
magicj1 likes this.
post #785 of 789 Old 12-31-2019, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 12
It's probably already been asked but is there a quick way to convert a iPad project to an iPhone?

Happy New Year to everyone !

"A respectable amount of bourbon to pour in a glass is about two fingers worth. Lucky for me I have big fingers"
post #786 of 789 Old 12-31-2019, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
I just had a look at Datasat's Remote Command API and as far as I can tell you should be able to send commands exactly as you did in iRule.

Cheers,
magicj1 likes this.
post #787 of 789 Old 01-02-2020, 10:33 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 56
For the Datasat RS20i, set the IP address, I used port 14500, Generic IP Device

Command Suffix \x0D

Then add the commands

All the commands start with an @

Power on: @power 1
Power standby: @power 0

Setting Volume to 25 @Volume 250

HTH
magicj1 likes this.

Sony VW5000 | Stewart Vistascope 14' ST100 screen
Trinnov Altitude 32/24 | 3 x MC601 | 2 x ATI AT526NC | Oppo 205 | Lumagen Radiance Pro
B&W 800 / HTM 2 Diamonds | 4 x Paradigm ADP3 | 2 x Fathom F212 | 6 x ML Vanquish
D-Box HEMC & 2 x SRP 330 platforms | Synology DS3615xs 12x6TB drives
post #788 of 789 Old 01-05-2020, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Have any of you guys played around with Homeseer? Besides price was wondering on feedback. Still looking for alternatives.
post #789 of 789 Old 01-11-2020, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

So I finally figured a way to stop that annoying loop of a slider and feedback.

To do do it I used 3 numbers and one Flag.

Numbers I used where,
Slider 1
Slider 2
Slider 3

FLAG I used was,
Send Command

----Number "Slider 1" is where you set up your commands to send out based on a value of the number, IE when {Slider 1}=0 the volume is turned all the way down. Each increase in the number will bring the volume up by 1 step.

----Number "Slider 2" is assigned to the slider itself. In the number settings for this number , In the action of this number, I set a number based on the Flag being "ON". Number {Slider 1} = {Slider 2} based on Flag "Send Command" is "ON"

So as long as the FLAG "Send Command" is "ON", every time I move the slider up and down, it will update the number {Slider 1} and then the proper command is sent.

----Number {Slider 3} is the number I update from the feedback from the device. Every time the feedback is updated DemoPad updates the number value. In the feedback of my device is where I assign a numeric number based on the value of the feedback. IE 0-194. In the action editor of the number I have 3 commands set. First is I turn the FLAG "Send Command" to "OFF" with a delay of "3 seconds". Next command I set a number , SET NUMBER {Slider 2} = {Slider 3} with a delay of "3 seconds". So now every three seconds it will update the slider position and with the FLAG "Send Command" being "OFF", the slider position will be updated with out sending out a command. That is what stops that loop from occurring. The 3rd command is where I turn the FLAG "Send Command" back to "ON" with a delay of "3.5 seconds". You can change the delay to your liking. I just found in my case the additional half second delay on the 3rd step improved every thing. So my slider is updated ever 3 seconds. Now my receiver automatically sends back feedback even with out the use of a "QUERY" command. If your device requires a query command you can probably remove the delays except maybe for the .5 second on the third command.

I do set all the numbers {Slider 1} and {Slider 2} and {Slider 3} to the same range of numbers. In my case it was 0- 194

I hope this may help some one out.
Peter M likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page