Calling all DemoPad Users - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 36Likes

post #841 of 854 Old 04-22-2020, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
I'm starting to think about improving my Sonos feedback with EG and some python.

Two things bug me currently -

1. I'm limited to extracting the next four tracks for the queue. No matter what I tried in Demopad, it's regex engine wouldn't do any better. I expect that with python I could reliably extract a longer queue.

2. Demopad can't deal with special characters. Any ' in the artist, album or track names doesn't display properly.

Cheers,

I would agree with your though process. you would have a lot more options with parsing out data. Like find the nth occurrences of a track name. I know it can be done but I have no tried it my self. I always wanted to try that with KODI and create a movie library that I could scroll through just ran into a wall because DemoPad could not handle that amount of feedback. It would be painfully slow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 854 Old 05-07-2020, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

So Peter M hows EventGhost coming along? I keep finding more and more usage with it. I now can control my Nvidia Shield from Evetghost as well as get feedback from my Emby/Plex server.
post #843 of 854 Old 05-11-2020, 12:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg7321 View Post
So Peter M hows EventGhost coming along? I keep finding more and more usage with it. I now can control my Nvidia Shield from Evetghost as well as get feedback from my Emby/Plex server.
Have been busy on other projects around the place so no progress on any additions to EG. Had a brief look at the python code for Sonos control that's on GitHub but it's way over my head.

Cheers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #844 of 854 Old 05-11-2020, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
How did you get feedback for your Plex server? I would love this!!! If you don't mind me asking can you point me in the direct of how to do this?

"Me Personally, I want to slay the dragon"
post #845 of 854 Old 05-11-2020, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett7660 View Post
How did you get feedback for your Plex server? I would love this!!! If you don't mind me asking can you point me in the direct of how to do this?

So I have it working for Emby. Its been a while but I believe Plex was about the same. I do wonder if you need Plex Pass now. This wold be a process. First you need to find two things for Plex. One is the command for Plex to query the sessions from the server. You will also need to find your Plex Key. This is used in the command to query the sessions from the server. After that you will need to have a windows PC running with Eventghost. This is all done with a python script. I just stopped using Emby, for they have a lot of issues with 4k HDR. So I just reinstalled Plex for the house but personally went back to KODI. SO I can try to help you as much as possible.
post #846 of 854 Old 05-11-2020, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Just did a quick search,

https://support.plex.tv/articles/201...-url-commands/

need "Plex Token" not "Plex Key"
post #847 of 854 Old 05-11-2020, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Thank you very much!!!!

Will start looking into this!

"Me Personally, I want to slay the dragon"
post #848 of 854 Old 05-11-2020, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett7660 View Post
Thank you very much!!!!

Will start looking into this!

I will help you as I can. LEt me know when you have some of the info and also EventGhost running. I can help you with how to use EG too.
post #849 of 854 Old 05-11-2020, 10:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
... but personally went back to KODI.
LOL !

It was just over a year ago that you talked me out of Kodi and into JRiver !

I can't keep up !!

Cheers,
post #850 of 854 Old 05-12-2020, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
LOL !

It was just over a year ago that you talked me out of Kodi and into JRiver !

I can't keep up !!

Cheers,
That was before 4k HDR Atmos. After trying so many options I have found KODI to give me the best picture, color, performance. With out spending a lot of money. Hahaha. Emby was close, I bought a Nvidia Shield but they are having issues with video frame rates drops and or complete freeze up of there app when playing 4k.
post #851 of 854 Old 05-15-2020, 01:09 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hey DemoPad users,

I am one of the authors of EventGhost and also the Administrator of the project. Since EventGhost (EG) has been mentioned on more then one occasion in this thread I thought I would pop in and say hello and see how people are making out with their integrations. If anyone is having some difficulty getting a portion of their DemoPad working properly with EG you are more then welcome to ask me some questions and I will do my best to help get it working for you. You can optionally ask on the EventGhost forums as well, it might be a better place to ask for assistance this way it would be easier to find for other EG users that are also wanting to integrate the DemoPad into their system. Either way I will answer any questions you may have.

EventGhost has over 350 device and software extensions available and it can handle communications with the majority of AV gear available and also a variety of software as well including most of the popular HTPC programs available.

I saw a user that had an issue with the DempPad and a Denon/Marantz AVR. This issue is caused by the AVR only being able to have one connection established to it at a time. This is not a problem if the connection is made to the computer that EG is installed on. EG acts like a proxy to the AVR and multiple connections to EG can be made and the AVR only has a single connection made to it from EG.

The DemoPads ability to handle incoming data appears to be quite limited. I do not know the full extent of it's abilities but it appears as tho Regex is what is available. Regex can be fairly complex to use and poses some difficulty when trying to debug what is happening. EG can simplify this task by formatting any and all data in a manner that would make it easier to deal with on the DemoPad side of things. It can turn complex requests into very simple one liners. and EG is able to handle those requests fairly easily.

If there are some people willing we can hammer out a DemoPad plugin for EG and also a standard set of commands that can be used on the DemoPad to make things a bit easier to use. I am not familiar with the DemoPad application nor do I own a device that the DemoPad app is able to run on. This is where I would need some assistance. If this is something you are interested in helping out with then send me a PM on the support forums for EventGhost and let me know of your interest. If there is enough interest I will create a GitHub repository where development will take place.
Peter M likes this.
post #852 of 854 Old 05-15-2020, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgschlosser View Post
Hey DemoPad users,

I am one of the authors of EventGhost and also the Administrator of the project. Since EventGhost (EG) has been mentioned on more then one occasion in this thread I thought I would pop in and say hello and see how people are making out with their integrations. If anyone is having some difficulty getting a portion of their DemoPad working properly with EG you are more then welcome to ask me some questions and I will do my best to help get it working for you. You can optionally ask on the EventGhost forums as well, it might be a better place to ask for assistance this way it would be easier to find for other EG users that are also wanting to integrate the DemoPad into their system. Either way I will answer any questions you may have.

EventGhost has over 350 device and software extensions available and it can handle communications with the majority of AV gear available and also a variety of software as well including most of the popular HTPC programs available.

I saw a user that had an issue with the DempPad and a Denon/Marantz AVR. This issue is caused by the AVR only being able to have one connection established to it at a time. This is not a problem if the connection is made to the computer that EG is installed on. EG acts like a proxy to the AVR and multiple connections to EG can be made and the AVR only has a single connection made to it from EG.

The DemoPads ability to handle incoming data appears to be quite limited. I do not know the full extent of it's abilities but it appears as tho Regex is what is available. Regex can be fairly complex to use and poses some difficulty when trying to debug what is happening. EG can simplify this task by formatting any and all data in a manner that would make it easier to deal with on the DemoPad side of things. It can turn complex requests into very simple one liners. and EG is able to handle those requests fairly easily.

If there are some people willing we can hammer out a DemoPad plugin for EG and also a standard set of commands that can be used on the DemoPad to make things a bit easier to use. I am not familiar with the DemoPad application nor do I own a device that the DemoPad app is able to run on. This is where I would need some assistance. If this is something you are interested in helping out with then send me a PM on the support forums for EventGhost and let me know of your interest. If there is enough interest I will create a GitHub repository where development will take place.

Welcome. I have been using EG for many years for many different reasons. Mostly for python scripts and most lately ADB control of my Nvidia Shield. Demopad can do a lot but like all of theses types of apps, they have issues with any kind of scripting. For example DirecTV feed back, usee Epoc time. Demopad can not do any thing with that. But with a simple python script I can convert it to a usable format. As for communicating with Demopad I use the Broadcaster Plug-In. It works like a champ. Not sure what we would do with a plug in.
post #853 of 854 Old 05-16-2020, 12:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgschlosser View Post
Hey DemoPad users,

Hi Kevin,

Welcome !

I'm the bloke that you've been helping over at the EG forums. I've just posted a couple of updates over there.

As you can see I've been here at AVS for quite some time and have been pretty active in this thread.

mpg7321 was the one that originally put me onto EG and helped me get started with simple communications back and forth with Demopad.

Guys,

Kevin is an absolute guru when it comes to EG and coding in python. He's helped me enormously in improving my Demopad system. I can't thank him enough.

Cheers,
post #854 of 854 Old 05-16-2020, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Hi Kevin,

Welcome !

I'm the bloke that you've been helping over at the EG forums. I've just posted a couple of updates over there.

As you can see I've been here at AVS for quite some time and have been pretty active in this thread.

mpg7321 was the one that originally put me onto EG and helped me get started with simple communications back and forth with Demopad.

Guys,

Kevin is an absolute guru when it comes to EG and coding in python. He's helped me enormously in improving my Demopad system. I can't thank him enough.

Cheers,

Thanks for the compliments. I am here to help if I can. EG has some crazy abilities and it can interact with just about anything that exists. A user once said that EG is possibly the only HA software where you can open your garage door with an XBox controller. The crazy thing is you can do this exact thing with EG with a few mouse clicks.

If anyone needs some assistance I am more then happy to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page