AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Remote Control Area (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-remote-control-area/)
-   -   Calling all DemoPad Users (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-remote-control-area/2933950-calling-all-demopad-users.html)

mpg7321 11-15-2017 11:17 PM

Calling all DemoPad Users
 
I just recently moved from iRule over to DemoPad. I like what I have so far. However, I see that the forums are dead so I thought I would create a thread over here.

mpg7321 11-15-2017 11:21 PM

Some thing I could use help with, if you have three labels, I would like to be able to write data to the labels, however if the first label has data, then the new data would be written to the second label, and if the second one is used, then the data is written to the third. Does any one have any suggestions?

dalto 11-16-2017 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpg7321 (Post 55137836)
Some thing I could use help with, if you have three labels, I would like to be able to write data to the labels, however if the first label has data, then the new data would be written to the second label, and if the second one is used, then the data is written to the third. Does any one have any suggestions?

Can you be more specific? Are you trying to build a list or will they always be tied to the same data and just shown conditionally?

mpg7321 11-16-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalto (Post 55137958)
Can you be more specific? Are you trying to build a list or will they always be tied to the same data and just shown conditionally?

Hope this help, basically I am generating a command that contains three variables that would be generated from a keypad. IE. Send_Command_[var 1][var 2][var 3]. All three variables will very every time. Does this make scene?

kriktsemaj99 11-17-2017 08:50 AM

Anybody using DemoPad with an Android device? It's seems it's possible but not necessarily supported as well as iOS. Android would be a requirement for me.

mpg7321 11-17-2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 (Post 55146528)
Anybody using DemoPad with an Android device? It's seems it's possible but not necessarily supported as well as iOS. Android would be a requirement for me.

Take a look at this post. Half way down in a link to DL the APK pack. You will have to side load it.

http://forum.demopad.com/viewtopic.php?t=6815

kriktsemaj99 11-18-2017 07:05 AM

^^ Thanks, I will probably give it a try although it looks like Android doesn't get nearly as much testing as iOS does. And hopefully I can reuse the pile of Global Cache hardware I have rather than buy their controller.

mpg7321 11-18-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 (Post 55153022)
^^ Thanks, I will probably give it a try although it looks like Android doesn't get nearly as much testing as iOS does. And hopefully I can reuse the pile of Global Cache hardware I have rather than buy their controller.

Please let me know how it goes. I primary use IOS device, but may pick up a few Android tablets.

kriktsemaj99 11-18-2017 10:04 AM

Will do, but I won't be trying it for a while. Maybe a project for Christmas.

3no 11-21-2017 02:17 PM

Moving to DemoPad
 
I'm renovating my HT to 4K and as part of that I'm moving from iRule (which was mostly IR and Serial via GlobalTach) to DemoPad (and all IP). I need to not only figure out DemoPad, but find IP commands for my new components.

Devices that I need to control:
Marantz AV7704 - AVP
Sony VW285ES - projector
Sony UBPX1000ES - UHD player
Apple TV 4K
Xfinity XG1v4 - cable box (but i think there's little hope on this one)
Lutron Ra2 - lights/fans (not new, so I'm confident I can transfer IP codes from iRule to DemoPad)

Amps are all powered up/down by 12V triggers so no change.

I'll keep y'all posted on my progress, with occasional (or frequent) begging for help.

mpg7321 11-22-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3no (Post 55175246)
I'm renovating my HT to 4K and as part of that I'm moving from iRule (which was mostly IR and Serial via GlobalTach) to DemoPad (and all IP). I need to not only figure out DemoPad, but find IP commands for my new components.

Devices that I need to control:
Marantz AV7704 - AVP
Sony VW285ES - projector
Sony UBPX1000ES - UHD player
Apple TV 4K
Xfinity XG1v4 - cable box (but i think there's little hope on this one)
Lutron Ra2 - lights/fans (not new, so I'm confident I can transfer IP codes from iRule to DemoPad)

Amps are all powered up/down by 12V triggers so no change.

I'll keep y'all posted on my progress, with occasional (or frequent) begging for help.

Yes, please keep us posted. I have not played around with there IR database. Let us know if you find them. Also lets us know how it was setting up your GlobalTach device. I use all IP and EventGhost for IR and RS232, so I didn't have to set any thing else.

3no 11-22-2017 08:49 PM

mpg7321: I have eliminated all IR and serial controlled devices - have only IP now.

Anyone want a free GlobalTach IR or serial device (wired ethernet)?

mpg7321 11-22-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3no (Post 55184034)
mpg7321: I have eliminated all IR and serial controlled devices - have only IP now.

Anyone want a free GlobalTach IR or serial device (wired ethernet)?

I would like them.

3no 12-04-2017 09:09 AM

Sony BD - IP Control
 
mpg7321: searching for info on IP control of Sony PD players I saw a post by mpg732 on RedEye forums five years ago. If that was you, did you ever get IP control of Sony BD working with DemoPad?

mpg7321 12-04-2017 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3no (Post 55255360)
mpg7321: searching for info on IP control of Sony PD players I saw a post by mpg732 on RedEye forums five years ago. If that was you, did you ever get IP control of Sony BD working with DemoPad?

Yes that was me. Man that brings back memories, LOL. I got it working on iRule, don't remember if I got it working on Redeye or not. I don't use it any more, and haven't for a long time.
The only thing I remember from that is that you had to have the Sony app working first on the tablet that you where running iRule. I would guess it may be the same with DemoPad. It some thing to do with a "handshake" type thing that has to happen between the BR player and the tablet.

https://irule.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/694087

3no 12-10-2017 09:14 AM

Finally got Sony documents
 
I finally got the protocol and codes for Sony UHD/BD players (it's actually for Sony receivers, but the players are folded into the same code set). Had to get thru to Sony "enhanced support" which took an hour in a wait queue "due to unusually high call volume". It's different from most other AV IP control as it uses a lightweight JSON command syntax, but it's easily mapped into DemoPad commands.

So I still need Apple TV and Xfinity. I'm using their iOS apps linked from a DemoPad button for now. Apple TV app works OK. The Xfinity app has issues but some features work.

I'd still like to find a way to get HDMI from my AV processor to my iPad so I don't have to fire up the projector for music-only listening. I suspect it's not possible without Apple support due to DRM.

At least I can now watch/listen in my theater with just the iPad. Setups and adjustments still require the remotes but I'm OK with that for now.

Nicholas W 12-17-2017 07:56 PM

I just moved from iRule,

demopad seems to be similar, I have most things working well. Having to use IR for my Samsung TV, as the IP stuff seems to be too complicated to send, unless anyone knows how to do it? I do have another way to do it (via Openhab), but Direct would be nicer.

Bit worrying that their forums are dead though, could be a sign of a dying product, and the designer is a bit dated.

Anyone know if there is a programable way of changing text colour? I use green for “locked” and red for “unlocked” and so on, but I can’t find a way to program the text colour. I could switch icons (with Flags), but that get complicated really quickly.

So far it looks like a viable alternative, haven’t tried “gauges” yet though.

mpg7321 12-17-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholas W (Post 55337630)
I just moved from iRule,

demopad seems to be similar, I have most things working well. Having to use IR for my Samsung TV, as the IP stuff seems to be too complicated to send, unless anyone knows how to do it? I do have another way to do it (via Openhab), but Direct would be nicer.

Bit worrying that their forums are dead though, could be a sign of a dying product, and the designer is a bit dated.

Anyone know if there is a programable way of changing text colour? I use green for “locked” and red for “unlocked” and so on, but I can’t find a way to program the text colour. I could switch icons (with Flags), but that get complicated really quickly.

So far it looks like a viable alternative, haven’t tried “gauges” yet though.

I don't believe you can change color of text like how you want to, but what you could do is make two labels, with each one being a different color and then use flags to determine witch one is shown. As for the IP control of the TV, I can not help you with that. Have you found IP commands for the TV? Did you have it working in iRule? Yes there forums are dead but email support has been very quick and helpful. I have been very happy with them.

rhett7660 01-12-2018 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpg7321 (Post 55137822)
I just recently moved from iRule over to DemoPad. I like what I have so far. However, I see that the forums are dead so I thought I would create a thread over here.

Am I seeing this correctly the software that is needed to make the remote, assign commands, and change graphics is Windows only? Is there a Mac version? Seems kind of odd given it is designed primarily for iOS devices??

rhett7660 01-12-2018 03:19 PM

I fired off an email to them and yup, only windows. Time to break out my VM and see if it something I can work with.

mpg7321 01-12-2018 04:50 PM

Yes, that is the odd part, only Windows. They do have an Android Version, but its buggy and can be gotten by contacting Support.

rhett7660 01-12-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpg7321 (Post 55486626)
Yes, that is the odd part, only Windows. They do have an Android Version, but its buggy and can be gotten by contacting Support.

Yup downloading it now........... No need for Android since I am using an iPad as my remote.

mpg7321 01-12-2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhett7660 (Post 55487246)
Yup downloading it now........... No need for Android since I am using an iPad as my remote.

I've been very happy. The app has been very stable for me. I've been able to do more then iRule.

rhett7660 01-14-2018 10:58 AM

Question, can you set text as a button? So far I have only been able to create text as a label?

Also, are you using a GC product (coming from iRULE) or are you using a CENTRO product?

mpg7321 01-14-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhett7660 (Post 55495170)
Question, can you set text as a button? So far I have only been able to create text as a label?

Also, are you using a GC product (coming from iRULE) or are you using a CENTRO product?

I believe you would have to create a transparent button out side of DemoPad and then add it. Should have to do that once for you can resize it. I use GC RS232. I just added a generic IP device. I know the GC IR is in there data base.

rhett7660 01-15-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpg7321 (Post 55498690)
I believe you would have to create a transparent button out side of DemoPad and then add it. Should have to do that once for you can resize it. I use GC RS232. I just added a generic IP device. I know the GC IR is in there data base.

Gotcha, that is what I was thinking also since I couldn't find anything on using text as a button. So far I am liking it, only using the basic version right now. I might jump up to the middle version. I just don't like having to pay for the software monthly and the US rate is $8.00 a month.

mpg7321 01-15-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhett7660 (Post 55499926)
Gotcha, that is what I was thinking also since I couldn't find anything on using text as a button. So far I am liking it, only using the basic version right now. I might jump up to the middle version. I just don't like having to pay for the software monthly and the US rate is $8.00 a month.

After every thing I went through with iRule, I have no problem paying the 8.00 per month. I believe that was the issue with iRule. They did not have a recurring revenue stream. So I have no problem to help support them and hopefully they stay around for a while. Plus the support is better and the pro builder does have a few nice features you get when you pay the monthly fee. One nice feature of the pro is you can send out an IP command from the builder and see the feedback. That's nice when trying to parse out feedback.

rhett7660 01-15-2018 10:19 AM

Actually that makes sense. The added feature you mentioned would be nice! Very nice actually.

Have you had any issues with using GC products???

That is my main concern. I don?t want to have to purchase new equipment.

mpg7321 01-15-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhett7660 (Post 55500740)
Actually that makes sense. The added feature you mentioned would be nice! Very nice actually.

Have you had any issues with using GC products???

That is my main concern. I don?t want to have to purchase new equipment.

I have had no problem with GC. it is fully supported. Most app that has IP features can actually use a GC. For all you are doing is sending out an IP command to the GC which then transmit the data to an RS232 or IR command. The only issues I have had is I use EventGhost and some times the FeedBack doesn't always show up. Besides that I have duplicated every thing in DemoPad that I was doing in iRule.

rhett7660 01-15-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpg7321 (Post 55501728)
I have had no problem with GC. it is fully supported. Most app that has IP features can actually use a GC. For all you are doing is sending out an IP command to the GC which then transmit the data to an RS232 or IR command. The only issues I have had is I use EventGhost and some times the FeedBack doesn't always show up. Besides that I have duplicated every thing in DemoPad that I was doing in iRule.

So far I have been able to re-create the look, I haven't tackled the actual command settings yet. Thanks for the responses by the way. Given it is a holiday weekend, I haven't been able to get on the Demopads message boards yet.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.