FINALLY SHIPPING - PDP PlayStation 4 IR Receiver For Logitech Harmony - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

post #91 of 113 Old 03-18-2018, 12:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Here's one about 2 sec long. Would be nice if someone with a URC reading this thread could test it first. Otherwise, send it to Logitech and see how it works.

Code:
PS-long

0000 006C 003E 0000 
015B 00AD 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0041 0016 0041 0016 0041 0016 0041 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0041 0016 0041 0016 0041 0016 0041 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0041 0016 0016 0016 0041 0016 0041 0016 0041 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0041 0016 0016 0016 0041 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0041 0016 0041 0016 05F7 
015B 0057 0016 0E6C 015B 0057 0016 0E6C 015B 0057 0016 0E6C 015B 0057 0016 0E6C 
015B 0057 0016 0E6C 015B 0057 0016 0E6C
I TRIED your code and it did nothing. I have a system
that takes your code and converts into CRESTRON code
and then uses it in the CRESTRON control system. This
procedure has never failed me before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 113 Old 03-18-2018, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 3149 Post(s)
Liked: 1445
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhankz View Post
I TRIED your code and it did nothing. I have a system
that takes your code and converts into CRESTRON code
and then uses it in the CRESTRON control system. This
procedure has never failed me before.
Thanks for the confirmation. I made that version of the PS code that contains 18 repeats for roughly a 2 second duration. Your Crestron converter probably either chokes on that many or ignores them. If you could make a PS long and post it, that would be great. This is just an academic exercise for me since I don't have this IR receiver or a PS4 or a remote that uses pronto hex.
post #93 of 113 Old 03-18-2018, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
If you could make a PS long and post it, that would be great.
Your Thought was my first thought after testing yours.

I could not figure out how to do that. HOWEVER, as a
certified Crestron Programmer - I can call Crestron Blue
Customer support and see if they know how to do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 113 Old 03-23-2018, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Okay not sure if this is directly related to the PDP....well, okay it really isn't, but here goes.

Is there a way to add the Shoulder Buttons to the Harmony Elite? For example, R1 is required to save favorites in Amazon Prime. The PS3 is easier, because the Amazon Prime client (and other streaming services using controller-button-driven favorites) used Select. Since the PS3 remote has a select button, I was able to get that onto my PS3 device in the bedroom, using the same Elite.

But there is no Select button, and Amazon Prime only uses R1 from the controller. By the way, I believe that (and I could be remembering this wrong) I was able to use the green button on the Official Sony PS4 controller before I bought the Elite. But my goal is to not be tethered to a controller (unless I am gaming of course) or the Sony remote.

Thanks!
post #95 of 113 Old 03-23-2018, 10:02 AM

@ChiroVette , all those (R1,2,3, L1,2,3, Green, Select) are already there. Why would you have to add them? Maybe customize buttons in your activity.

Fifth post in this thread lists all the commands Harmony has. All that you mentioned are in that list.
post #96 of 113 Old 03-23-2018, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
@ChiroVette , all those (R1,2,3, L1,2,3, Green, Select) are already there. Why would you have to add them? Maybe customize buttons in your activity.

Fifth post in this thread lists all the commands Harmony has. All that you mentioned are in that list.
I figured it out a little while after I made the previous post and forgot to edit it. The problem was that the buttons I needed were not in the PS4 device, nor were they in the Activity, for some reason. So I had to go to MyHarmony and manually add them to the Playstation Activity. For some reason, the on screen buttons on the Playstaton Activity were natively very sparse, so adding them one by one was the only way I can figure out how to do it in the MyHarmony app on my PC. Weird, but I have those buttons on the remote now, so its all good!

Here is an off question:

Why can't I shut my Playstation off with the Harmony Elite anymore? I tried using Alexa, using the off button on the Activity, and finally just going into the PS4 device and hitting the red off button, to no avail. I can, however, navigate to Power in the Settings with either the Harmony or the PS4 Controller, but not using the Harmony. Everything else turns off with the Harmony (the TV, receiver, etc.) but not the PS4. I can, however, turn the PS4 on with the Activity that has the PDP in it. I Googled this and Logitech posted this as a known issue with sometimes no longer being able to power down the PS4 with the Hub based Harmony remotes, and their tech guys said to just sync. I tried that and it didn't work.
post #97 of 113 Old 03-25-2018, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1294 Post(s)
Liked: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiroVette View Post
I figured it out a little while after I made the previous post and forgot to edit it. The problem was that the buttons I needed were not in the PS4 device, nor were they in the Activity, for some reason. So I had to go to MyHarmony and manually add them to the Playstation Activity. For some reason, the on screen buttons on the Playstaton Activity were natively very sparse, so adding them one by one was the only way I can figure out how to do it in the MyHarmony app on my PC. Weird, but I have those buttons on the remote now, so its all good!

Here is an off question:

Why can't I shut my Playstation off with the Harmony Elite anymore? I tried using Alexa, using the off button on the Activity, and finally just going into the PS4 device and hitting the red off button, to no avail. I can, however, navigate to Power in the Settings with either the Harmony or the PS4 Controller, but not using the Harmony. Everything else turns off with the Harmony (the TV, receiver, etc.) but not the PS4. I can, however, turn the PS4 on with the Activity that has the PDP in it. I Googled this and Logitech posted this as a known issue with sometimes no longer being able to power down the PS4 with the Hub based Harmony remotes, and their tech guys said to just sync. I tried that and it didn't work.
The problem is the PDP can turn the PS4 on, but not off and the Harmony can turn the PS4 off, but not on. You need to have both the PDP and the Harmony(PS4) added to your remote so that one turns it on and the other turn it off. Follow the steps bellow and take a look at the pics.

1) Add the PS4 from the Harmony database to your activity.
2) Add PDP from the Harmony database to your activity.
3) When setting up the activity it will ask "which device plays the movie" select the PDP
4) After you finish creating the activity click on "customize this activity" and go into the activity startup command and add the PDP PS command to start the PS4.
5) Then go into the activity shutdown commands and you'll see the PDP off command and the PS4 off command have both been automatically added and you'll be all set.

The PDP will turn on the PS4 and the Harmony will shut down the PS4.

Here are some screen shots of the settings from above:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.png
Views:	78
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	2380240   Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment2.png
Views:	84
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	2380242   Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment3.png
Views:	86
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	2380244  
Synomenon likes this.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
post #98 of 113 Old 03-25-2018, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post
The problem is the PDP can turn the PS4 on, but not off and the Harmony can turn the PS4 off, but not on.
I know that already, and I followed the directions exactly. I even double checked MyHarmony on my PC right now, to make sure, and my screenshots look identical to yours. I initially thought that the problem was that both the PDP and the PS4 Pro are listed in the "Activity Shutdown Commands" with "Power Off" under the Action column. I thought that maybe the PDP trying to turn the PS4 off was somehow interfering with the Harmony's ability to turn the PS4 off. But obliously, that isn't the case. Like you, I have exactly 4 entries in the in the Activity Shutdown Sequence, and in exact order, they are TV, Receiver, PDP, and PS4, all actioned to power off.

There seems to be a problem between my Elite and the PS4 across the board. Because not only does the Activity not shut down the PS4, but as I said above I can go into both the PS4 Device and the PDP device on the remote and neither shut the PS4 off. I can shut the PS4 off only by navigating to the Power menu and doing it manually. I can do this with the Elite, the controller, or the Sony remote. But the red off switch in the PS4 device no longer works. It seems to make the PS4 toggle back and forth between the PS4's home screen and whatever app I am running, whether streaming or a PS4 game.
post #99 of 113 Old 03-25-2018, 12:16 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think PS4 OFF is just a macro consisting of the same steps you do manually. So why not add those steps to additional commands at end of activity. Add a couple of extra Home commands (or whatever commands take you home) in order to have a consistent starting point for the macro.

This is just a guess, but perhaps that power off macro on red that gets built automatically depends on the order in which your devices are added. If this is the case, I'd try starting from scratch with the PS4/PDP related devices and activities and try adding them in different orders, i.e., PS4 first, then activity, then test. If that doesn't work, try PDP first, then PS4, then activity, then test.
post #100 of 113 Old 03-25-2018, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiroVette View Post
There seems to be a problem between my Elite and the PS4 across the board. Because not only does the Activity not shut down the PS4, but as I said above I can go into both the PS4 Device and the PDP device on the remote and neither shut the PS4 off. I can shut the PS4 off only by navigating to the Power menu and doing it manually. I can do this with the Elite, the controller, or the Sony remote. But the red off switch in the PS4 device no longer works. It seems to make the PS4 toggle back and forth between the PS4's home screen and whatever app I am running, whether streaming or a PS4 game.
Ok so the PDP and Harmony power isn't working from the "device" screens either. Do any of the other buttons work from the device screens for the PDP and Harmony with the PS4? If not then it sounds like the PDP and Harmony aren't paired with the PS4.

Last edited by Legairre; 03-25-2018 at 01:23 PM.
post #101 of 113 Old 03-26-2018, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think PS4 OFF is just a macro consisting of the same steps you do manually.
You aren't wrong. That is exactly how the Harmony is supposed to do in order to shut down the PS4. When I first bought the remote, I initially thought there was something wrong because when I used the Harmony to power off the PS4 back then (before I bought the PDP), the PS4 jumped all over the XMB, navigated from wherever I was to the Home Screen, then to the Power menu, and then to the shut off command. Obviously this seemingly weird behavior is precisely what is supposed to happen, but as a newbie at the time, I thought it was a problem and my Harmony was engaged in some version of e-Hopscotch lol.

Now what happens is interesting: When I press the power off button (little red "Off" button in either the PS4 device or the Activity) the PS4 doesn't go through all of that anymore. Instead it simply switches to the game or streaming app that I was last playing, even if I was at the home screen, and it just hangs out in that open app. Again, I can manually navigate to the Power menu myself with the remote and shut it down that way, but the power off button does not seem to initiate the normal series of macros that it used to, which you are describing.

Quote:
So why not add those steps to additional commands at end of activity. Add a couple of extra Home commands (or whatever commands take you home) in order to have a consistent starting point for the macro.
I could try this, but there is another oddity. Sometimes the Home Screen doesn't work while in the PS4 device, and sometimes only the controller buttons operate (the ones I mean are Triangle, X, Square, and Circle).

Quote:
This is just a guess, but perhaps that power off macro on red that gets built automatically depends on the order in which your devices are added. If this is the case, I'd try starting from scratch with the PS4/PDP related devices and activities and try adding them in different orders, i.e., PS4 first, then activity, then test. If that doesn't work, try PDP first, then PS4, then activity, then test.
I may have to try this, but I don't think the order is the issue, based on the odd functionality of the PS4 Device. I have a funny feeling that the PDP is working and the Activity is working, but that the PS4 Pro as a device is somehow not working properly.

Quote:
Ok so the PDP and Harmony power isn't working from the "device" screens either. Do any of the other buttons work from the device screens for the PDP and Harmony with the PS4? If not then it sounds like the PDP and Harmony aren't paired with the PS4.
Well the PDP seems still able to power on the PS4. As for the buttons in the PS4 Device itself, they work intermittently and in odd, unpredictable ways.

Edit: I just noticed something. As I said above, when I try to hit the power off button in the device, if I am in the home screen, it hangs and goes to the last app I was using. If that was a game (like Burnout Paradise Remastered) then it goes to the game, if it was a streaming service, then it goes to that and STOPS. SO the macro isn't working apparently. But here is the odd thing: If I am in the game or streaming app and click the red power off button sometimes it will successfully navigate through all the actions in the macro and shut down the PS4. I think that I just need to delete and reinstall the PS4 Pro Device and put it into the Activity again. If that doesn't work, then I will try deleting the Activity and starting from scratch, as mdavej suggests.

Edit2: I have to run a few more tests, and I will do it tonight, but deleting the PS4 Pro device from My Harmony and reinstalling it as a device and into the Playstation Activity seems to have done the trick. Somehow the device programming, commands, or macros seem to have gotten corrupted along the way. I only tried using Alexa to turn it off once, but with no apps running because I was in a hurry, but it turned everything off fine. I will try turning the Activity off in several ways later, from the Home Screen with activities running in the background, from several different streaming apps, and from games.

One thing that was very weird is that the Hub was not able to find the PS4 when I scanned for it, and I tried several times, even making sure the PS4 was on and after syncing the Harmony Elite to the Hub a few times. I had to input the device manually, using the Manufacturer (Sony) and the device (PS4). What was also extremely odd is that subsequently it took me jumping through a few hoops to get the PS4 Pro to reconnect to my Hub, thus the remote. When I initially added the PS4 to the Harmony Hub a few months back, I remember that scanning for devices found it right away, so long as the PS4 was turned on. Also, the second I went into the PS4's XMB back then, and navigated to Bluetooth Devices, it found "Logitech Keyboard" right away and I was able to add it. This time I had to tell the PS4 to "Forget" the Logitech Keyboard, since it was not connecting to the Hub. Then I had to go through several iterations of turning the PS4 on and off with the controller before I could get the PS4 to pair with the Hub again.

Last edited by ChiroVette; 03-26-2018 at 02:44 PM.
post #102 of 113 Old 04-17-2018, 01:14 PM
Advanced Member

Okay sort of a weird discovery or update. As I posted, I had problems with Alexa and the Harmony being able to shut down the PS4 Pro with the activity, but it seemed to have been resolved when I deleted everything and recreated the Activity from scratch, so the Logitech tech assumed the Activity had become corrupted somehow.

Anyway,in the past week I have noticed having problems with the PS4 shutting down sometimes, and not always being consistent with turning off. I now realize that there is a problem with ANY external USB or Bluetooth devices connected to the PS4. I tried this with USB keyboards and Bluetooth keyboards as well as other devices and the same thing happens that used to, leading me to believe that it wasn't data corruption at all, but a problem with the PS4 shutting down with some connected devices.

If I have any of the aforementioned devices connected, rather than shutting down with the Harmony or Alexa command, it goes to this screen:

But with the devices Not connected, it works fine, shutting down normally.

Also of note is that the controller being connected doesn't cause a problem shutting down AND also my plug in chat-headphones, when connected to the controller causes no problems.

Just thought I would share in case anyone else is having this issue. It might be a device problem!

ROFLMAO!!! Stupidest forum rule ever!

Quote:
Dear ChiroVette, You have received an infraction at AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews. Reason: General Warning - Price talk and retail links outside of the deal's area.
post #103 of 113 Old 04-19-2018, 06:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1131 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Its about time...but a little late since I no longer use my PS4 Pro for Blu-ray movies. I bought a PS4 Media remote about a year ago but could never get it to work.

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Oppo UDP-203, Bluesound Node 2i, Focal Aria 936/CC900
MacBook Pro, AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro
post #104 of 113 Old 06-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

I have another question about this, but it may be more of a PS4 Device question, since the PS4 device in the Harmony can turn the console off without the PDP. Anyway, I noticed that, by default, when I turn off the Playstation Activity, it puts the console into Rest Mode. (With the amber light) instead of turning it off. Is there a way to get the harmony to turn the PS4 off instead of putting it into rest mode, when I turn the activity off or tell Alexa to do it?

The reason is that until I buy a second PS4 Pro for my bedroom, where my PC and bedroom TV's are, I unplug the console and bring it from one room to the other. It is very bad for the PS4 to unplug when its in Rest Mode, so when I need to unplug it I have to manually turn the console off, which is annoying.
jdsnov73 likes this.

ROFLMAO!!! Stupidest forum rule ever!

Quote:
Dear ChiroVette, You have received an infraction at AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews. Reason: General Warning - Price talk and retail links outside of the deal's area.
post #105 of 113 Old 06-16-2018, 09:41 AM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 172
I read the whole thread but didn't see any definitive answer. Did anyone get this to work correctly with a URC remote for On and Off?

I need to replace an old PS3 with a PS3 Toothfairy to a PS4. But I need my URC system to control it. :/
post #106 of 113 Old 06-02-2019, 07:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Any suggestions on getting the PS long to work on a Pronto? I have a TSU7000 and used the hex codes posed in this thread and all is well. The only feature I haven't been able to get working is the long PS button press/hold.

I tried the codes posted above, and tried setting a duration on the IR command to 2, 3 and 4 seconds - but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Despite the duration, it always gets interpreted as a single PS press and release.
post #107 of 113 Old 07-27-2019, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
...you'll see the PDP off command and the PS4 off command have both been automatically added and you'll be all set.
This doesn't work for me, MyHarmony doesn't include the "PS4 off" action and won't let me add an action or command to do it. (I've followed your instructions, read the full thread, tried multiple times in different orders) I also tried making the activity without the PDP device at all and it still won't add a "power off" command for the PS4.

HOWEVER:

If I set up the same activity using the PHONE app, a "Power Off" option is included in the "End Sequence" list, and the PS4 is turned off (using a long sequence of button presses).

So something in the MyHarmony PC software has changed since post #30 was written, and also the MyHarmony software is out of sync with the phone app. In fact, if I go back into MyHarmony to edit and save the "shutdown commands", it breaks the shutdown list.

I spent hours figuring this out, so I just wanted to pass it along in case anyone's reading this old thread like me desperate for answers.
post #108 of 113 Old 07-27-2019, 01:14 AM

To demonstrate my above post, here's a screenshot from my phone next to a screenshot of the same synced activity from my PC:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	2595114  
post #109 of 113 Old 07-27-2019, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audx View Post
This doesn't work for me, MyHarmony doesn't include the "PS4 off" action and won't let me add an action or command to do it. (I've followed your instructions, read the full thread, tried multiple times in different orders) I also tried making the activity without the PDP device at all and it still won't add a "power off" command for the PS4.

HOWEVER:

If I set up the same activity using the PHONE app, a "Power Off" option is included in the "End Sequence" list, and the PS4 is turned off (using a long sequence of button presses).

So something in the MyHarmony PC software has changed since post #30 was written, and also the MyHarmony software is out of sync with the phone app. In fact, if I go back into MyHarmony to edit and save the "shutdown commands", it breaks the shutdown list.

I spent hours figuring this out, so I just wanted to pass it along in case anyone's reading this old thread like me desperate for answers.
Hi just saw your post so I went and checked my Harmony Windows software and it's the latest version 7.1.1. I then went back to post #30 and I removed the PS4 and PDP from my devices and restarted the Harmony software. I then followed the instructions in post #30 and re-added the PS4 and PDP to my devices and activities and they both work as they should. My PS4 turns on and off using the Harmony Elite remote. I'm not sure why it's not working for you but it still works for me even after removing the PS4 and PDP from my devices and adding them again.

I can't speak for the phone app because I never had a need for it.

Perhaps there was a change to the PDP since it was originally introduced and maybe Harmony needs to update their software to work work with newer versions of the PDP.

Last edited by Legairre; 07-27-2019 at 12:23 PM.
post #110 of 113 Old 07-28-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Hi just saw your post so I went and checked my Harmony Windows software...
Hey thanks so much for checking on this!

I'm definitely curious how we get different results, again I deleted everything and followed the instructions to the letter, but same results.

I also uninstalled/downloaded/reinstalled the "MyHarmony" software, and when I right-click anywhere in the program and click "about" it says I'm on version 1.0.1.308, is that where you are seeing your version?

When you power off the PS4, does it simply power off, or does it work like mine where it goes through a sequence of button presses to get to the power-off menu item? (The sequence usually works fine although a couple times it took me into Netflix and scrolled over and started some random show! so I'd love a true power-off)

I have the "smart control" remote, so I have to sync from the phone app. Do you just do that from the Elite remote?

Thanks!
post #111 of 113 Old 07-28-2019, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audx View Post
Hey thanks so much for checking on this!

I'm definitely curious how we get different results, again I deleted everything and followed the instructions to the letter, but same results.

I also uninstalled/downloaded/reinstalled the "MyHarmony" software, and when I right-click anywhere in the program and click "about" it says I'm on version 1.0.1.308, is that where you are seeing your version?

When you power off the PS4, does it simply power off, or does it work like mine where it goes through a sequence of button presses to get to the power-off menu item? (The sequence usually works fine although a couple times it took me into Netflix and scrolled over and started some random show! so I'd love a true power-off)

I have the "smart control" remote, so I have to sync from the phone app. Do you just do that from the Elite remote?

Thanks!
Hi Audx I downloaded the latest Harmony Windows software from the Harmony site and on the site it says its version 7.1.1, but when I right click like you did it says 1.0.1.308 like yours.

When I power off it goes through a sequence of button clicks of and ends up at the "Rest mode" power setting because I have my PS4 set to power off to rest mode so my controllers can charge while it's off.

Yes with the Elite you just sync from the remote over wifi (no cables needed like the old Harmony 890) .

The thing is that the PDP turns on the PS4 and the PS4 tuns off the PS4 so if it's not turning off correctly then it's Harmony and the PS4 not the PDP that's not working correctly.

When yours went to Netflix instead of power off were you on a certain screen on the PS4 when this happens? I'm asking because it sounds like it works correctly sometimes but not others so I'm wondering if it only works correctly for you from certain screens.

EDIT: I just found this this morning and someone said Sony made changes to the media center and it might be causing the problem you're having. https://www.reddit.com/r/logitechhar...g_off_the_ps4/

We only use the PS4 for games and have never even downloaded the Netflix, Youtube or anything media center app so I'll have to download Netflix tonight and see how it responds to power off vs not being in a media center app.

BTW make sure you don't have CEC enabled on any of your devices when using the Harmony.

Last edited by Legairre; 07-29-2019 at 11:07 AM.
post #112 of 113 Old 01-14-2020, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Works Great full power on, power off

Hello everyone.
i recieved the pdp ir reciever and i want to show you that i created macros that power on and off without the need that the activity contains the real PS4.
For the (power on) i created a macro with the comand PS under the device menu and for the (power off) i created a macro with 17 commands under the device menu both in (myHarmony desktop app). All the macros created under the change devices settings menu and after that the power settings. Everything works great for my Harmony ultimate. The power on from complete shut down is great and the power off is great.
In the myHarmony account i added the pdp ir reciever from the dierctions of the manual that came with the product and i synced it with the ps4 as described from the manual.
i created an activity with my 1) Sony TV, 2) denon reciever and 3)pdp game console, because of the power settings changes that i ve made in the power settings menu of the specific device, you dont have to do anything for the activity to start or end and you dont have to add the real PS4 either in this activity.
After all great product
i attach screnshots of my setup
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	259.0 KB
ID:	2669750   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	2669752   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	2669754   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	2669756   Click image for larger version

Name:	05.jpg
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	2669758  

Name:	06.jpg
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	2669760   Click image for larger version

Name:	06.01.jpg
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	2669762  
post #113 of 113 Old 01-17-2020, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Κώστας ΖΑΓΚΟΥΔΑΚΗΣ View Post
Hello everyone.
i recieved the pdp ir reciever and i want to show you that i created macros that power on and off without the need that the activity contains the real PS4.
For the (power on) i created a macro with the comand PS under the device menu and for the (power off) i created a macro with 17 commands under the device menu both in (myHarmony desktop app). All the macros created under the change devices settings menu and after that the power settings. Everything works great for my Harmony ultimate. The power on from complete shut down is great and the power off is great.
In the myHarmony account i added the pdp ir reciever from the dierctions of the manual that came with the product and i synced it with the ps4 as described from the manual.
i created an activity with my 1) Sony TV, 2) denon reciever and 3)pdp game console, because of the power settings changes that i ve made in the power settings menu of the specific device, you dont have to do anything for the activity to start or end and you dont have to add the real PS4 either in this activity.
After all great product
i attach screnshots of my setup
Wow thanks. I'm close to hitting the max number of devices you can have in the Harmony app so being able to get of the PS4 is a big plus for me. I'll go in and try what you did tonight and let you know how it goes.

Does it also work if you are in the PS4 apps like Netflix?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page