Harmony Ultimate - Firmware - New Bugs? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-14-2018, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Harmony Ultimate - Firmware - New Bugs?

Whelp, I made the mistake of upgrading the F/W to 4.15.96.

Now I can't connect using ANY apps / devices to any of my hubs - have tried the Android App, and iOS apps on two different devices and versions (ver 4.3 and latest ver 5.4).

We have three hubs, two with two Ultimates, and one Smart Control. Have had for roughly 5 years - without major issues.

I just wanted to add one activity, but was forced in to the upgrade in order to sync - not liking the new heavy handed approach there Logitech.

I know the two Ultimates (and their hubs) are on 4.15.96 - not entirely sure about the Smart Control (no display, without any app), but I think it is as well.

All devices (app devices and hubs) on the same Wi-Fi connection - there are two in the house - so that's been checked.
When "Scanning for Harmony Hubs" - it constantly returns nothing.
Tried power cycling hubs, no help.
Switched all three hubs to static IP addresses, and used the "Enter IP Address" option - no help - still get "Unable to reach hub"

The app just can't find them at this point!

It's actually now not even falling back to "Connect via Cloud" - which, tbh, wasn't a fan of anyways - perhaps that functionality has been removed by Logitech?

Router uses dd-wrt - and I can see all three hubs in the "Active Clients" list - which is accurate, and refreshes frequently, so I know they are there - all three hubs have green lights.

Nothing has changed from the supporting network perspective - no router / dd-wrt changes - this is all on recent Logitech changes.

Had a bear of a time getting one of the three to properly upgrade - had to do that connect hub and wipe procedure? But it finally sorted and upgraded and synced.

Have also noticed another "new one"? In trying to debug all this, have rebooted the router a few times - in the past, the Hubs would automatically get back on the network.

Now? I have to power cycle each hub in order for it to re-connect - and they connect without issue doing that. But that's a pain!

As for the app access issue? My guess? Some new assumption (aka, BUG) in the Logitech firmware w.r.t. networking - and seeing other devices?

My Wi-Fi network is pretty secure (you know, as much as you can, and for what it's worth) - no SSID broadcasting, MAC filtering enabled, WPA2 Personal.

But again, the hubs are on there - but now the apps can't see them.

And since none of my networking stuff has been changed, I am NOT about to change it to fix this new Logitech issue.

Any insights appreciated. I am guessing there's nothing to be done until Logitech realizes they've screwed something up?

But at least, this post is out there if others are having similar problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page