Harmony Ultimate w/Hub and PS4 Pro - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-14-2019, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question Harmony Ultimate w/Hub and PS4 Pro

I just purchased a Sony PS4 Pro that we use for our home theater for online viewing (Netflix, HBO GO, Amazon Prime etc).

I currently have a Harmony N-R0007 Ultimate Remote w/Hub. Currently it controls the Marantz AVR SR7007 and a JVC X30 projector.

All of the AV gear is inside a dedicated closet that does not have line of site. I use a Sewell IR repeater to send the IR signals from the Hub to the cabinet mounted equipment and the projector receives the IR signals fine from the hub which is mounted outside of the cabinet.

I have not yet tried to connect the Harmony N-R0007 Ultimate to the PS4 Pro as I am about to redo all of my home's router access points with Ubiquity products and would like to wait until after that is completed.

I have read a few threads on whether or not the Harmony N-R0007 Ultimate will control the PS4 Pro (including the on/off function) and am currently a little confused.

* Do I need to (or should I) purchase one of the Sony PDP IR emitters?

My ultimate goal is to have voice commands over an Alexa that controls a "Movie Time" activity - Drops down the screen, dims the lights through the Caseta switches, turns on the PJ, AVR and PS4 - Then also turns everything off after having the lights dim for exit of the room.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by EricU; 01-14-2019 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Old Fat Bald...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-11-2019, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1214 Post(s)
Liked: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricU View Post
I just purchased a Sony PS4 Pro that we use for our home theater for online viewing (Netflix, HBO GO, Amazon Prime etc).

I currently have a Harmony N-R0007 Ultimate Remote w/Hub. Currently it controls the Marantz AVR SR7007 and a JVC X30 projector.

All of the AV gear is inside a dedicated closet that does not have line of site. I use a Sewell IR repeater to send the IR signals from the Hub to the cabinet mounted equipment and the projector receives the IR signals fine from the hub which is mounted outside of the cabinet.

I have not yet tried to connect the Harmony N-R0007 Ultimate to the PS4 Pro as I am about to redo all of my home's router access points with Ubiquity products and would like to wait until after that is completed.

I have read a few threads on whether or not the Harmony N-R0007 Ultimate will control the PS4 Pro (including the on/off function) and am currently a little confused.

* Do I need to (or should I) purchase one of the Sony PDP IR emitters?

My ultimate goal is to have voice commands over an Alexa that controls a "Movie Time" activity - Drops down the screen, dims the lights through the Caseta switches, turns on the PJ, AVR and PS4 - Then also turns everything off after having the lights dim for exit of the room.

Thanks for any help.
This will allow you to turn the PS4 without using the controller as well as controll the PS4 from Harmony remotes. https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-R...13677272&psc=1

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
post #3 of 5 Old 02-11-2019, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post
This will allow you to turn the PS4 without using the controller as well as controll the PS4 from Harmony remotes. https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-R...13677272&psc=1

Thanks, I picked up one of those PDPs a couple of weeks ago and have just been waiting until I updated my home's wifi and main ubiquiti switch which I just finished up this morning.

Now I need to redo my Harmony's connection and can start adding the PDP, Casetas etc etc.

I will need to read up again on the Sony PDP and how to connect it to the remote.

Seems kind of silly that Sony sets up their gear this way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-11-2019, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1214 Post(s)
Liked: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricU View Post
Thanks, I picked up one of those PDPs a couple of weeks ago and have just been waiting until I updated my home's wifi and main ubiquiti switch which I just finished up this morning.

Now I need to redo my Harmony's connection and can start adding the PDP, Casetas etc etc.

I will need to read up again on the Sony PDP and how to connect it to the remote.

Seems kind of silly that Sony sets up their gear this way.
Here's link from a thread I started a while back on how to connect the PDP with my Harmony Elite. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-re...l#post55468004

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
post #5 of 5 Old 02-11-2019, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post
Here's link from a thread I started a while back on how to connect the PDP with my Harmony Elite. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-re...l#post55468004

Awesome! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page