Setting up Harmony Elite Remote - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-03-2019, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Setting up Harmony Elite Remote

Hello,

Recently i have purchased Harmony elite remote. I have the below devices in my home

1. Nest Thermostats
2. Insteon Smart switches
3. Yamaha RX A2040 Receiver
4. Sony TV
5. Amazon Fire TV
6. Chromecast
7. Sony PS3
8. HTPC Computer
9. Google home

I have few Setup questions

1. Will all my above devices work with Harmony Elite Hub ?

2. Presently , below is my setup in my home.

I have Nest App, Insteon App to control smart devices in my home. I Have Sony TV remote, Yupptv Remote and Yamaha Receiver Remote

I use Sony tv remote to turn on and off tv. i have configured Yamaha receiver shortcuts for Amazon Fire tv, Chromecast, Sony PS2, HTPC Computer and Yupptv media box

i have configured shortcut numbers as 1. Amazon Fire TV, 2. Yupptv media box player, 3. Chromecast , 4. HTPC Computer and 5. Sony PS3

I have configured Watch tv on my Harmony elite remote ( on and off of sony tv), Yamaha receiver, Nest App and Insteon Hub on the remote

i am confused with the buttons.

can i configure like shortcut numbers ( 1,2,3,4,5 same like Yamaha receiver when i click on receiver so that i can just enter numbers to go to whatever mode i want) on the remote ?

3. I see that there are many options at top level for insteon and nest product in the harmony remote

can i setup like this. I want to create top level option like Insteon and Nest . under Insteon and Nest, can i add like room names ( how it is configured under insteon app. room name , switch name etc) and thermostat names ( like top floor, 2nd floor)

4. how can i control my HTPC device form harmony remote

5. I see that battery life is very less ( i am getting like 1 or 2 days at max). is there a way to make the battery life go for more number of days

6. I have Samsung tv in my bedroom. can i use the remote to configure 2nd tv as well with another chromecast connected to samsung tv ?

I know i am asking many questions. but kindly someone help me here

Thanks
Rinku
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-03-2019, 05:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 166
1. If you find or add all these devices to the MyHarmony app, and they are in the same room or have a blaster in sme room, then yes.
2. No idea what these shortcuts are or what you are hoping to do. Harmony are Activity based remotes. You define an Activity to control a combination of devices. When an Activity is running you can go to Device mode to manipulate and device that has been defined to MyHarmony.
3. No idea what you are trying to do and how this fits with an Avtivity based remote.
4. If the HPTC can be IR or IP controlled then the Harmony remote should be able to control it.
5. Just put back in the charger when it is not in use.
6. Yes, just define those devices along with a corresponding Activity. But only one activity can be in use at the same time.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-09-2019, 05:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1003 Post(s)
Liked: 337
If you need an IR receiver for your HTPC drop me a PM.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page