Setting up Harmony Elite Remote
Recently i have purchased Harmony elite remote. I have the below devices in my home
1. Nest Thermostats
2. Insteon Smart switches
3. Yamaha RX A2040 Receiver
4. Sony TV
5. Amazon Fire TV
7. Sony PS3
8. HTPC Computer
9. Google home
I have few Setup questions
1. Will all my above devices work with Harmony Elite Hub ?
2. Presently , below is my setup in my home.
I have Nest App, Insteon App to control smart devices in my home. I Have Sony TV remote, Yupptv Remote and Yamaha Receiver Remote
I use Sony tv remote to turn on and off tv. i have configured Yamaha receiver shortcuts for Amazon Fire tv, Chromecast, Sony PS2, HTPC Computer and Yupptv media box
i have configured shortcut numbers as 1. Amazon Fire TV, 2. Yupptv media box player, 3. Chromecast , 4. HTPC Computer and 5. Sony PS3
I have configured Watch tv on my Harmony elite remote ( on and off of sony tv), Yamaha receiver, Nest App and Insteon Hub on the remote
i am confused with the buttons.
can i configure like shortcut numbers ( 1,2,3,4,5 same like Yamaha receiver when i click on receiver so that i can just enter numbers to go to whatever mode i want) on the remote ?
3. I see that there are many options at top level for insteon and nest product in the harmony remote
can i setup like this. I want to create top level option like Insteon and Nest . under Insteon and Nest, can i add like room names ( how it is configured under insteon app. room name , switch name etc) and thermostat names ( like top floor, 2nd floor)
4. how can i control my HTPC device form harmony remote
5. I see that battery life is very less ( i am getting like 1 or 2 days at max). is there a way to make the battery life go for more number of days
6. I have Samsung tv in my bedroom. can i use the remote to configure 2nd tv as well with another chromecast connected to samsung tv ?
I know i am asking many questions. but kindly someone help me here