Harmony 890 remote and software not working anymore? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-29-2019, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Harmony 890 remote and software not working anymore?

Seems like macOS newest version doesn't allow the older software to work anymore. I tried installing the remote core app harmony says to use now and still won't launch. Ive tried running it on the windows side of the machine and same issue. Wont load.
Does anybody have any issues or fixes for older remote software on Macs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-30-2019, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 348
I tried it on pc a few weeks back no issues. Maybe try a PC? Has to be the older software, not the newer app junk or the my harmony.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-15-2019, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Maybe Something Strange Happened in May

My 890 Pro RF also stopped working last month (05/2019) after a button update. It's strange people are having problems during the same month. I had to buy a 900 on Craigslist.

It might be best anyway because the updates are 90% faster and you don't have to update both the blaster and remote. On top of that the Windows 10 driver always fails during connection and at 90% through the update. At most I've had to uninstall and reinstall the driver 22 times during an update until if successfully updates my remote. What a pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-20-2019, 05:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-evil-x View Post
Seems like macOS newest version doesn't allow the older software to work anymore. I tried installing the remote core app harmony says to use now and still won't launch. Ive tried running it on the windows side of the machine and same issue. Wont load.

Does anybody have any issues or fixes for older remote software on Macs?

Logitech has been telling users for over a year now they will update their macOS software to 64bit so it works. They are now saying it will happen by September. Obviously they don’t care about their users and kicking the can down the road. Because of this, many on their forums and Reddit refuse to purchase anything from them until they address and fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Room 1 Samsung Q8FN 75" TV || Denon X2400H Receiver || Triad InWall/4 Satellites || Triad InRoom Silver/4 Satellites || Triad OmniSub 12
Room 2 Sony X900F 65" TV  || Sony HT-X9000F sound bar
Xbox Live : BoDEAN
post #5 of 5 Old 06-20-2019, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean View Post
Logitech has been telling users for over a year now they will update their macOS software to 64bit so it works. They are now saying it will happen by September. Obviously they don’t care about their users and kicking the can down the road. Because of this, many on their forums and Reddit refuse to purchase anything from them until they address and fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn didn’t know all that. Yea I tried it on the windows side but on my Mac and still issues. Hopefully they release some new software for the older remotes soon for Mac.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page