FIOS TV One Yamaha AV Sony XBR-900E - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-07-2019, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Angry FIOS TV One Yamaha AV Sony XBR-900E

Since FIOS TV One installed, had to give up Harmony One remote; but problems not solved. Has anyone figured out how to use a Harmony One, or the Fios tv one remote, to operate Sony XBR-900E with Yamaha RX-V679 receiver and Fios TV One cable box? After I change the TV to use an app like Amazon Prime or netflix, the Yamaha AV is never on the correct setting to play the audio. I have to hunt around blindly until I eventually find the setting for audio. I know this is not very specific; it's beyond my understanding.

Switching from FIOS standard cable to TV One, Fios tech support said I could only use the fios remote. I Have connected it to the TV and to the AV receiver using its voice control remote settings; but if I leave cable TV viewing for a Sony app; the fios remote is useless and even after I return to cable tv source the AV isn't on the correct input/output/whatever.

I don't want to purchase another Logitech expensive remote; I can still use the Harmony One if possible.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-07-2019, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdoyle1 View Post
Has anyone figured out how to use a Harmony One ... to operate ... Fios TV One cable box?
Fios tech support said I could only use the fios remote.
still use the Harmony One if possible.
pdoyle,

‪In a different forum, Nigel6674 said‬
‪"The new Verizon FiOS One Media Servers are Arris VMS4100 devices"‬

https://community.logitech.com/s/que...s-tv-one-boxes

I assume you and Nigel are talking about the same thing. (I wouldn't know. I don't have Fios.)

Asking MyHarmony to add a device with
Manufacturer=Arris and
Model=VMS4100
added an "Arris DVR" to my Harmony One.

I looked at BUTTONS -->
Remote Buttons
Select device="Arris DVR" --> GO.
Mousing over the picture of the remote
showed that most of the buttons
have Arris commands assigned to them.

So far, so good. That's as far as I can go.

Obvious issues:

Is your box really an Arris VMS4100 ?

Do you truly need HDMI/CEC/ARC ?

You will require the Fios remote for things your Harmony One really cannot do. Harmony doesn't like things changing behind its back. Will that affect your family's acceptance of the Harmony?

Carl
post #3 of 4 Old 06-08-2019, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
third attempt; this page won't send my reply, says it's too short.

I'm using Arris IPC4100, part of the three device set that also has an Arris VMS4100.

Do you truly need HDMI/CEC/ARC ?

Not sure; I'm using HDMI3 to TV as I thought it was a good thing to do.

You will require the Fios remote for things your Harmony One really cannot do. Harmony doesn't like things changing behind its back. Will that affect your family's acceptance of the Harmony?

We can deal with using two remotes. What's intolerable is today. I'm not using the Harmony One; we had to keep the FIOS remote as it has the speech function, my wife insists on using it. She rarely does.

One other point; After using MusicCast on Yamaha controlled by my mobile phone, the Yamaha never goes on the correct setting next time we use cable tv. We then randomly push buttons on the yamaha remote until it works with TV. Often I power down entire system to reset, usually helps. but sometimes fios remote doesn't change tv volume. it's a nightmare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-08-2019, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 27
pdoyle,

Quote:
I'm using Arris IPC4100, part of the three device set that also has an Arris VMS4100.
Both the IPC4100 and the VMS4100 are in the Harmony database.

Quote:
After using MusicCast on Yamaha controlled by my mobile phone, the Yamaha never goes on the correct setting next time we use cable tv.
I _assume_ the IPC4100 is connected to the the TV, and that ARC carries audio to the AVR.

If the IPC4100 were connected directly to the AVR, wouldn't switching to that HDMI input immediately give you the correct audio ?

Carl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
fios , sony xbr 65x900e , Yamaha

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page