Harmony Companion and U-verse Play button - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mdavej

post #1 of 3 Old 08-11-2019, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Harmony Companion and U-verse Play button

I am a recent U-verse TV customer, and new Harmony Companion Smart Control owner. On my original U-verse IR remote and the A20 RF remote, when something is already playing, the Play button shows the remaining time without pausing the show. This is a very handy feature that I like a lot!

I programmed the Smart Control remote Play button to be Play on the AT&T DVR, but when something is playing, the Play button does show the remaining time, but it pauses the program just like the Pause button does. So far everything else works fine except for this one issue.

Is this a software bug, a limitation of the Play/Pause buttons being on a rocker, or something else? If there is a way to program another button to perform this feature, I can live with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-11-2019, 12:58 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 3290 Post(s)
Liked: 1506
Issue is that Harmony is calling the command on the A20 Pause button PLAY and using that as the sole Play/Pause function. The command on the A20 Play button is apparently missing from Harmony. So you may have to try a few different model choices in the Harmony database until you find a set of commands with distinct play and pause functions. Then you need to assign each to distinct buttons on your Harmony.

Alternatively, there may be another command that accomplishes the same thing, like OK possibly.
jimsmith94 likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-11-2019, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Issue is that Harmony is calling the command on the A20 Pause button PLAY and using that as the sole Play/Pause function. The command on the A20 Play button is apparently missing from Harmony. So you may have to try a few different model choices in the Harmony database until you find a set of commands with distinct play and pause functions. Then you need to assign each to distinct buttons on your Harmony.

Alternatively, there may be another command that accomplishes the same thing, like OK possibly.
Aha, the OK button does exactly what I want, so I can live with that. Thank you so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page