RTI, Arris VIP5662W - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By smoothtlk
  • 1 Post By rontalley
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 08-21-2019, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 3
RTI, Arris VIP5662W

Hi. I need help programming the power function for my cable box. My RTI programmer successfully programmed other buttons np. Has anybody done it?

Thx...




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neversummer604 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 08-21-2019, 09:11 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,757
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3123 Post(s)
Liked: 1426
If RTI can't figure out such a basic thing, they need to hire a new programmer. That code has been known for years. If RTI agrees to give me a cut, I'll give them the code. I'm looking at it right now.
mdavej is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 08-21-2019, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
If RTI can't figure out such a basic thing, they need to hire a new programmer. That code has been known for years. If RTI agrees to give me a cut, I'll give them the code. I'm looking at it right now.


My other option is to buy the IR remote so he can read it. There must be more to it because he found other buttons.

Can you share? Or would you mind exchanging emails w/him?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neversummer604 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 Old 08-21-2019, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,757
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3123 Post(s)
Liked: 1426
My point is he's getting paid a lot of money, and I'm not getting a penny. Plus he's a pro and should know this very basic thing. If he doesn't, somebody at the gigantic RTI corporation should.

I'll give you a hint. If he is competent, he can figure it out from there. Hint is Mute minus one.

Think of it this way. You go to your doctor and pay him several hundred bucks to fix some medical problem for you. He gets 90% of fixed then throws up his hands. You then find a random stranger off the street who is not a doctor but happens to know how to fix the other 10%. Would you expect that person to donate his knowledge and expertise to your highly compensated doctor?

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I've hooked up thousands of people with codes, many of which required significant time and effort on my part. But I have to draw the line when the recipient makes a huge profit off of my freely donated knowledge and expertise. If they shared with me once in a while, that would be different. But that has never happened in the 20+ years I've been doing this.

Last edited by mdavej; 08-21-2019 at 12:32 PM.
mdavej is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 08-21-2019, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
My point is he's getting paid a lot of money, and I'm not getting a penny. Plus he's a pro and should know this very basic thing. If he doesn't, somebody at the gigantic RTI corporation should.



I'll give you a hint. If he is competent, he can figure it out from there. Hint is Mute minus one.



Think of it this way. You go to your doctor and pay him several hundred bucks to fix some medical problem for you. He gets 90% of fixed then throws up his hands. You then find a random stranger off the street who is not a doctor but happens to know how to fix the other 10%. Would you expect that person to donate his knowledge and expertise to your highly compensated doctor?



I'm not trying to be a jerk. I've hooked up thousands of people with codes, many of which required significant time and effort on my part. But I have to draw the line when the recipient makes a huge profit off of my freely donated knowledge and expertise. If they shared with me once in a while, that would be different. But that has never happened in the 20+ years I've been doing this.


Forums are for acquiring & sharing info. Next time you have nada to offer, you should just move on.

Not trying to be a jerk. Thx for the hint.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neversummer604 is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 08-21-2019, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,757
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3123 Post(s)
Liked: 1426
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer604 View Post
Forums are for acquiring & sharing info. Next time you have nada to offer, you should just move on.

Not trying to be a jerk. Thx for the hint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Message received loud and clear. You won't hear a peep from me anymore. Good luck finding other codes in the future.
mdavej is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 11-27-2019, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer604 View Post
Hi. I need help programming the power function for my cable box. My RTI programmer successfully programmed other buttons np. Has anybody done it?

Thx...




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hey. Still looking for help. Can anybody help or point me in the right direction?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neversummer604 is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 11-27-2019, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smoothtlk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,328
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 94
You can check at remotecentral for the code.
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...crete/list.cgi
neversummer604 likes this.
smoothtlk is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 11-27-2019, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothtlk View Post
You can check at remotecentral for the code.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...crete/list.cgi


Looks promising, thank you...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neversummer604 is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 11-28-2019, 02:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,757
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3123 Post(s)
Liked: 1426
Code isn’t there. OP would tell you to move on since you have nothing to offer.

And thanks for proving my point that even though pros know and have the codes, they never post them. I guess their time is more valuable than mine.

Last edited by mdavej; 11-28-2019 at 02:39 PM.
mdavej is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 11-28-2019, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Code isn’t there. OP would tell you to move on since you have nothing to offer.

And thanks for proving my point that even though pros know and have the codes, they never post them. I guess their time is more valuable than mine.


The point on top of your head? You’re talking to the OP.

Make money off your clients. Nobody is stopping you. But to come online - on a forum no less & pound your chest over your principles... you just look dumb. Again.

Expect more from someone w/15k posts...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neversummer604 is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 11-28-2019, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rontalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,230
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked: 415
@mdavej I really don’t say much about most people‘s post but man, you really went HAM on the OP. This is a forum and you have the knowledge but unwilling to share. I understand your point but it would have been better to not say anything. Pretty crappy thing to do IMHO.

Good luck with your search OP.
neversummer604 likes this.

My Media Room
AVR 1-Yamaha RX-A3050 (7.2.4), AVR 2 Pioneer VSX-815-K(Used for 4ch Amp TF+TR)
Mains-Polk Audio RTi8, Center-Polk Audio CSi5, Surrounds-Polk Audio RTi4, Ceilings-Micca M-8C, Sub 1- UM18-22 (4cu.ft DIY) - iNuke 6000DSP, Sub 2-Klipsch RW12D
Projector-BenQ 3550 4K, Screen-110" Silver Ticket STR-169110, TV-Vizio P-65 4K
rontalley is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Remote Control Area

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off