Using Harmony Elite + Hub for LED Lighting Control - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-18-2019, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Using Harmony Elite + Hub for LED Lighting Control

Hi Everyone,

Originally posted in the Harmony Elite thread but have not received any replies. Posting here to see if I can find some help with this question.

I'm in the planning stages for my theater now, and I'm definitely planning on a Harmony Elite hub as the main theater control, and want to be able to control LED lights as well. Original plan was to use Philips Hue, but for various reasons that is now out and I need to formulate a plan B. Any advice on how to tie this all together would be great. I did a search and saw some discussions of how one can control lighting by a combination of wi-fi or ZigBee dimmers, a Smartthings hub, and the Harmony Elite remote. Sounds like you start by hooking Zigbee lights up to the Smartthings hub and then adding those groups to the Harmony for control. Is that right? Its all a bit confusing to me.

In my case the LED power is wired as low voltage for light strips at the ceiling coffers and normal lighting power for wall sconces. I want to be able to control both from the Harmony, so while the sconces could be put on a smart dimmer, the coffer lights need a different solution. Nothing has been bought for the coffers yet, so I'm searching for light strips that can be controlled directly. So far I've come across LIFX and Fibaro. No sure what the best path is here, looking for advice before I go down the wrong path.

Thanks,
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-19-2019, 03:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1886 Post(s)
Liked: 2272
Using Harmony Elite + Hub for LED Lighting Control

Hey @Harddrive2 ! I have been exactly where you are, and I have it all figured out now. I did a YouTube video on it. Here’s the link:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by BrolicBeast; 09-19-2019 at 09:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page