Xanatech Dinkylink and a 3.5mm extension cable not working - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-22-2019, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Xanatech Dinkylink and a 3.5mm extension cable not working

I am trying to understand why the male to female, mono 3.5MM extender cable isn't working with my IR repeater kit.

I have this kit, the Xanatech Dinkylink

On the other end I'm sending the signal to my equipment rack with this, the NILES IRB1 emitter:

If I plug everything in direct, it works just fine. But I really could use a few extra feet so that I can mount everything away neatly vs. all stretched out to the max. So I tried to add a female to male, 3.55mm extension cable from the receiver to the little 12v Xanatech box. First cable I tried was just a monoprice headphone cable extender. Didn't work, so I figured it must not like a stereo cable since everything with this is mono cable. So, I purchased a 25 foot mono cable from amazon, no luck. It only works when I plug everything in direct.

So, Xanatech sells a 50 foot, mono, female to male 3.5mm extension cable. What kind of voodoo magic is in their cable that I should expect it to work? They want almost 20 DOLLARS for the silly thing vs. a $5 Amazon cable (that doesn't work, I know, but still)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-23-2019, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 262
The Xanatech Dinkylink IR receiver requires a 3 conductor cable. Tip = Signal, Ring = Gnd and Sleeve = 12 VDC. A decent stereo extension cable (male one end, female other end) should work just fine.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-24-2019, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
The Xanatech Dinkylink IR receiver requires a 3 conductor cable. Tip = Signal, Ring = Gnd and Sleeve = 12 VDC. A decent stereo extension cable (male one end, female other end) should work just fine.
Except the 2 decent cables that I've tried already don't work. As I said, one is a quality stereo cable from Monoprice, the other a highly rated cable (mono) from Amazon.

I also emailed Xanatech asking what was different with their cable extender. Zero response.

Just ordered this one. Will post my results tomorrow:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page