Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-02-2019, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1535 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Blackweb Remote Anybody?

Does anyone here use a Blackweb remote? I just got one and need some help.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-02-2019, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 3117 Post(s)
Liked: 1420
Looks pretty basic. If whatever you're wanting to do isn't in the manual, then it can't be done. I personally would have bought a JP1 remote instead. Something like the Inteset INT-422 can be programmed to do just about anything using Remote Master. Your remote, on the other hand, is limited to the functions and codes in the manual.

Here's a nice young lady who will walk you through everything the remote can do (which isn't much):
https://www.myblackwebremote.com/
post #3 of 5 Old 12-02-2019, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Looks pretty basic. If whatever you're wanting to do isn't in the manual, then it can't be done. I personally would have bought a JP1 remote instead. Something like the Inteset INT-422 can be programmed to do just about anything using Remote Master. Your remote, on the other hand, is limited to the functions and codes in the manual.

Here's a nice young lady who will walk you through everything the remote can do (which isn't much):
https://www.myblackwebremote.com/
Thanks for the info. In my first programming effort I set it up to sub for my Directv R73 remote. One of the most frequently used buttons is the "Guide" button. There is no Guide button on the Blackweb. No problem. Just program one of the colored buttons. The User Guide says they are programmable. But it doesn't tell you how to program them. If that ability is true then I think the thing might be usable.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-02-2019, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 3117 Post(s)
Liked: 1420
I just looked at the manual and see no mention of the colored buttons being programmable. The only programmable button is FAV, and it only stores a macro consisting of numbers. This remote can't even learn from other remotes.

If I were you, I'd just get another DirecTV remote and return this one. It's really a terrible remote.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-02-2019, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
I just looked at the manual and see no mention of the colored buttons being programmable. The only programmable button is FAV, and it only stores a macro consisting of numbers. This remote can't even learn from other remotes.

If I were you, I'd just get another DirecTV remote and return this one. It's really a terrible remote.
I think you are right. I've sent a email to customer support. Let's see what they say.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page