Roomie Remote “conditional activity” - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-26-2019, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Roomie Remote “conditional activity”

Hi, folks.

I’ve been using Roomie Remote since v1 and have never - NEVER - had an issue setting it up for my setups... until now with v6. And for what it’s worth, I used to get terrific support the few times I had to contact them.

I sent a message to support about how to set up a v5 functionality in v6, got called a liar for claiming it existed, got suspended from support for 7 days because I insisted I had it working... but have not received e-mails since and it looks like they’ve blocked me from using their user forum besides where I could ask people there.

So here I am, signing up for this forum just to solve my issue.

I hope you folks can help!

Long story written, skip to the bottom if you don’t need the gory details.

—————
I had an Emotiva UMC-1 that I controller via IR. It had a boot-up sequence, so I had a conditional delay set up in Roomie so that it would wait for the receiver to boot up before issuing any other commands, like source switching or whatever else. This delay would then not take place if the receiver was on.

e.g.:
-everything is off, last source was Apple TV
-want to watch cable, so receiver gets a power toggle, delay of some milliseconds before it gets an input switch command
-system is on, I want to switch from cable to Apple TV, input switch command is sent to receiver without that power-on delay.

Roomie tracker the UMC-1 “power on state” based on the last command issued rather than reality, so if things were on and there was a power failure, Roomie would still think everything was on so input switching commands would be sent without the delay... or power on.

Now I have an Anthem AVM60 that’s controllable via IP. Unfortunately, Roomie apparently doesn’t offer “power on state” tracking because of the IP control, which is fine by me... but I can’t figure out for the life of me how to set up a conditional delay within an activity that then includes an “inline activity” with a “toggle” like the manual says. I’ve tried all sorts of combos but nothing works like it used to.

—————
So: how do I set up a conditional delay for my IP-controlled Anthem AVM60 whereby if the receiver is off, there is a 7s delay after Roomie sends a power-on command before any other commands are sent, a delay that doesn’t take place if the receiver is already on?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-26-2019, 10:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 214
I don’t recall that being possible in v5 either but that’s as far back as I’ve been a user. Don’t know about anthem, but the denons will accept tcp commands regardless of power state. Guessing you’ve tried that and it doesn’t work but just throwing it out there.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-27-2019, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, it’s been in for a bit, I don’t remember when it was implemented. You can STILL “track power state” for legacy/non-IP devices. I’d rather keep the Anthem on IP control, though, and Roomie doesn’t allow for making a “power state tracking” toggle if the device is set to IP control. I don’t mind that, I see why... but now I need a way to allow for that power-on delay. Apparently you set an “inline”, “toggle” activity, then you use that as logic in your MAIN activity to tell the app to execute the power-on delay or not based on the logic... but I can’t figure out from the setup guide how to do it, and no matter what combination of things I try, I can’t seem to get the app to do what I want it to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-02-2020, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Little bump for 2020... anyone with knowledge of how to get this done, since a Roomie is ignoring me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page