Remote for Florida doesn't work in NC - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Edmund

post #1 of 7 Old 01-04-2020, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Remote for Florida doesn't work in NC

I'm the wrong generation to understand much of today's electronics so I hope someone who is very patient can help. I have an old Vizio 32 inch TV that gets five channels here in North Carolina. If if go to any of the other channels I see letters for Florida stations where I lived last year. I have no idea what to do. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-04-2020, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 57
That has nothing to do with the remote itself, you just need to rescan your antenna channels on the tv.
RandyWalters and bluewaves like this.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-05-2020, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Hurt View Post
I'm the wrong generation to understand much of today's electronics so I hope someone who is very patient can help. I have an old Vizio 32 inch TV that gets five channels here in North Carolina. If if go to any of the other channels I see letters for Florida stations where I lived last year. I have no idea what to do. Thanks.
Thanks but you missed a detail about "my generation." I have no idea how to rescan. That's why I came here asking for help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-05-2020, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 57
All TV's are different, go in to the TV menu, look for tuner or antenna section, there should be an option to scan for channels. It might give you choice of Cable or Antenna, pick whichever you have.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-05-2020, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 916
Quote:
Thanks but you missed a detail about "my generation." I have no idea how to rescan. That's why I came here asking for help.
There is a different forum for that, but since we're here, do this....

Presuming you have an antenna connected to your TV and are able to tune and watch some local channels, use your REMOTE and bring up a settings menu on the TV's screen and look for an Antenna Channel Scan setting of some sort. There may be a SETUP category that it's located in, but just explore the menus until you find it. There may be another setting where you can select either CABLE or ANTENNA so make sure you're on the Antenna setting.

Once you find the Antenna Channel Scan setting, just select that and let the TV start scanning for your local channels. It will probably take several minutes so let it complete the process.

If you are using a Cable company and not an antenna, give us info on your provider and maybe your zip code too.

Randy
Sony XBR-55X900E, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, TiVo Roamio Pro, TWC Arris DCX3600-M 6-Tuner DVR, Darbee DVP-5000S, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR, URC MX-890 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - https://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #6 of 7 Old 01-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
What model Vizio is it? If you can Google that info, you should be able to find the manual online. Or just post the model here. There are many different types of Vizio's. I found one of many
1) Channels Menu>>>>>>
2) Then highlight "Find Channels">>>>>>
3) OK>>>>>>
4) Done
Should be similar. May take a few minutes to complete. You do have an antenna connected, correct?
post #7 of 7 Old 01-05-2020, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Ask a friend / relative to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page