AVS Forum Special Member
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
No Magic answers. What devices do you have in your setup, e.g., AVR, STB, etc. and how are they connected? Also, when you say that you have to manually turn the TV on and off, is that with the physical power button on the TV?
These are difficult problems to solve because you cannot "see" what is being communicated between devices. Try the following to better understand what might be happening:
1. Disconnect the PS4 from the system
2. Turn off and unplug all devices for a minute
3. Plug them back in, except for the PS4
4. Try starting the activity that uses the PS4. Does it turn on the TV?
5. Try starting another activity that does not use the PS4. Does that turn on the TV?
6. If you go to Devices, TV, do the power on and off commands work?
7. Is the TV setup in Harmony for IR or IP (wifi) control
8. Is the TV being controlled by IR, is it directly from the remote or from the Hub?