How can I test harmony hub output for IR blaster - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-24-2020, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 62
How can I test harmony hub output for IR blaster

I have a Harmony Elite that I have been using in the theater room for about 3 years. I have a Y splitter plugged into one of the IR blaster ports that feeds a long cable with a blaster at the back of my projector and the other end of the Y splitter was stripped, spliced a to a pair of wires in a CAT5 cable which is hard wired to my Grafik Eye. Both of these are so I don't have to worry about line of sight when controlling those two devices. This worked perfectly until recently and both stopped working.

I tried plugging the Y splitter into the other port on the Harmony Hub (which works with the supplied blasters to control my receiver) but it still won't. How can trouble shoot this? Is there a voltage I can use a meter to test for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-24-2020, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockDawg View Post
I have a Harmony Elite that I have been using in the theater room for about 3 years. I have a Y splitter plugged into one of the IR blaster ports that feeds a long cable with a blaster at the back of my projector and the other end of the Y splitter was stripped, spliced a to a pair of wires in a CAT5 cable which is hard wired to my Grafik Eye. Both of these are so I don't have to worry about line of sight when controlling those two devices. This worked perfectly until recently and both stopped working.

I tried plugging the Y splitter into the other port on the Harmony Hub (which works with the supplied blasters to control my receiver) but it still won't. How can trouble shoot this? Is there a voltage I can use a meter to test for?
If I understand you correctly you are saying the port works fine with the Harmony blaster but not yours. This implies something is wrong with your cable. If both of your blasters stopped working at the same time you most likely have a short or open connection. If you have an ohm meter and know how to use it then it should help in finding your problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page