Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 376 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 177Likes

post #11251 of 12436 Old 03-14-2014, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 34
If needed, you can insert a delay between sending the two Power Off commands, sometimes if the two power off commands are sent two fast the projector will not power off, try adding a delay between sending to two power offf commands
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11252 of 12436 Old 03-14-2014, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post

If needed, you can insert a delay between sending the two Power Off commands, sometimes if the two power off commands are sent two fast the projector will not power off, try adding a delay between sending to two power offf commands

Thanks, harmony fixed in their db, all I did was remove the pj as device, re select it, redo all activities and now all is powering on and off correctly.

Ian B
post #11253 of 12436 Old 03-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I see there's an Options button that brings up many buttons that aren't readily available. Two that are very interesting are "Instant Replay" and "Instant Advance". Is there a one-button solution that could be programmed on the Harmony One? I already have the FFWD, FREV, Next and Previous (Chapters), but I haven't found the instant (30 second skips).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11254 of 12436 Old 03-16-2014, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 3074 Post(s)
Liked: 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by dturturro View Post

I see there's an Options button that brings up many buttons that aren't readily available. Two that are very interesting are "Instant Replay" and "Instant Advance". Is there a one-button solution that could be programmed on the Harmony One? I already have the FFWD, FREV, Next and Previous (Chapters), but I haven't found the instant (30 second skips).
What device are you talking about? Can you not simply try those commands?
post #11255 of 12436 Old 03-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Sorry, I'm talking about the PS3.
post #11256 of 12436 Old 05-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
I recently purchased the 6020UB projector to replace an aging projector.
Two concerns:
1). I am unable to turn off the projector with my Harmony One remote main power off button. All other devices turn off but the 6020 sends a screen message to press any other button to power down. If I go to devices/Epson/off it works. Is there any way I can get the Epson to power all the way down from the remote's main power off button like all the other devices w/o having to dig down to do so?
2) Planning on getting a flat panel TV. What current brands and models have 3D glasses that will work well with the Epson 6020UB?
Thanks-I appreciate your time!
post #11257 of 12436 Old 05-03-2014, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by James A. McGahee View Post

1). I am unable to turn off the projector with my Harmony One remote main power off button. All other devices turn off but the 6020 sends a screen message to press any other button to power down. If I go to devices/Epson/off it works. Is there any way I can get the Epson to power all the way down from the remote's main power off button like all the other devices w/o having to dig down to do so?

My Sony projector requires 2 power-offs with a slight delay in between. I ended up with the setting illustrated below to turn it off. This works perfectly for me. There are 2 delays because of a reputed bug which causes the first delay to be ignored.

post #11258 of 12436 Old 05-04-2014, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Datapoint for battery sweep issues. I had read in a couple places logitech started pulling back on accommodations for swell issues. I contacted them a couple weeks ago, no problems, I have a replacement Harmony Ultimate One in hand.

post #11259 of 12436 Old 05-05-2014, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato View Post

Datapoint for battery sweep issues. I had read in a couple places logitech started pulling back on accommodations for swell issues. I contacted them a couple weeks ago, no problems, I have a replacement Harmony Ultimate One in hand.

I periodically check my battery for swell. I had to replace it a few years in, but the replacement has been fine. smile.gif
post #11260 of 12436 Old 05-07-2014, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post

I periodically check my battery for swell. I had to replace it a few years in, but the replacement has been fine. smile.gif
If the replacement Logitech battery does not have the Blue stripe, then you are good, there has been no problem with the white batteries swelling.
post #11261 of 12436 Old 05-08-2014, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 128
not impressed by the Ultimate. Where's the best place for a new or near-new H1? Mine's on its last legs. 6 years, not bad.
post #11262 of 12436 Old 05-08-2014, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post

not impressed by the Ultimate. Where's the best place for a new or near-new H1? Mine's on its last legs. 6 years, not bad.

As it's a discontinued item, you'll find them from the usual suspects. Ebay and the used market. I have the Ultimate and I've grown used to it but had to give up on my more sophisticated setup. It won't allow for favorites on multiple providers. I have DirecTV TWC and OTA antenna. So I just use it with DirecTV since that's my main provider. The new Ultimate One is the One's replacement and can be upgraded to Ultimate by adding the RF kit. There is no physical or software difference between the Ultimate and Ultimate One, it just needs the update with the kit. That is a smart move on Logi's part as the pricing is the same so you can upgrade as/if needed. I don't hate the Ultimate as I've gotten used to it. It has nice features, but the 900 is still my favorite over all.

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #11263 of 12436 Old 05-08-2014, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 128
I like the One's hard buttons. And the transport buttons being at the top seems like it would hurt my hands. How do you type in numbers on the Ultimate?
post #11264 of 12436 Old 05-08-2014, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Touch screen. rolleyes.gif

At least it's a Haptic screen.

post #11265 of 12436 Old 05-08-2014, 05:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 916 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Anyone else had the bead in the remote get harder to shake/activate the screen?

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #11266 of 12436 Old 05-08-2014, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

Yep. Mine barely works anymore, but now I've gotten into the habit of swiping the screen like waking up a smart phone. Also, pressing any button will wake it up. I'm pretty sure that initial button press to wake it doesn't actually perform the button action, but to be safe you could just press the "Activity" button which is benign.
post #11267 of 12436 Old 05-08-2014, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

Yeah, my 900 is kinda like Shake-A-Puddin to wake it up. Works fine after that, though.

post #11268 of 12436 Old 05-12-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've had a Harmony One remote for quite some time and I finally decided to add two more activities. Unfortunately, I can't get them programmed correctly.

For purposes of my question, I have a TV, Receiver, DVR and Xbox. I have a "Watch TV" activity and a "Play XBox 360" activity.

I want to create two "Switch" activities - (1) Switch from TV to XBox and (2) Switch from XBox to TV)

However, I don't want these activities to turn off the device I was using previously. For example, I am watching something on the TV, I pause the DVR and want to play the XBox for a while. Then after playing the Xbox I want to got back to the TV to watch where I left off.

So, I want a switch activity that will just switch the input on the TV and switch the mode on the Receiver (without turning anything off).

I tried creating two activities for this switch 1. Switch (TV to XBox) and 2. Switch (Xbox to TV). Unfortunately, when I try to switch to XBox, it turns the DVR off.

Any ideas?

(I just realized I may need to have another activity (Watch TV and XBOX) - so that they both power up).
post #11269 of 12436 Old 05-12-2014, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallen234 View Post

I tried creating two activities for this switch 1. Switch (TV to XBox) and 2. Switch (Xbox to TV). Unfortunately, when I try to switch to XBox, it turns the DVR off.

Any ideas?

Is the DVR in your bedroom and the LED display bothers you at night? If not, since DVRs never really power off, you might as well program your One to leave it on at all times.

post #11270 of 12436 Old 05-12-2014, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I have made a solution for me of just not having the Harmony turn the Xbox on and off. I leave it on and placed the power switch on the very top of the touch screen buttons. I found myself wanting to check out the TV but leave my game on. It was easiest this way.

post #11271 of 12436 Old 05-13-2014, 07:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Isn't there something in the activity setup about leaving devices on? At least between activities?
post #11272 of 12436 Old 05-13-2014, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post

Isn't there something in the activity setup about leaving devices on? At least between activities?

There is! In each device's power setting, there's an option to 'Leave this device on between Activities until I press the Off button'

post #11273 of 12436 Old 05-13-2014, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Sorry to hear you guys are having trouble with your tilt sensors.

Remotes will ball-bearing tilt sensors generally will not activate as well when shaken - instead, try holding the remote horizontally, and tilting its front/top up towards you, as if you wanted to look at the screen. This is what triggers the ball bearing, and I hope you'll have more success than just shaking it.

Regards,

Sylvain
Weaselboy likes this.

post #11274 of 12436 Old 05-13-2014, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 133

I have three Ones and an 880 (among an assortment of 12 Harmony remotes)... the 880 and the oldest One have never had any issues with the tilt sensor, but the two newer Ones (which have displays that are obviously inferior to different than my original One) both behave the same way:  They work fine all fall and winter, but the tilt sensors get reluctant to work starting in the spring and generally refuse to work at all during the summer, with functionality returning in the fall.  They are all in the same heated and air-conditioned environment that rarely goes outside of the 72-76° F range, but they have both behaved exactly the same way repeatedly over the past three years or so.  Humidity?  Tilt of the earth?  Polar vortex?  Elves taking a summer break?  I don't really know.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
Spectrum/TWC-Charlotte, 8742HDC/ODN 9
post #11275 of 12436 Old 05-13-2014, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have also noticed that the tilt sensor in my Harmony One no longer functions as well as it did previously.

Alan Oliver
Tivo user since May 2000
post #11276 of 12436 Old 05-13-2014, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post

Sorry to hear you guys are having trouble with your tilt sensors.

Remotes will ball-bearing tilt sensors generally will not activate as well when shaken - instead, try holding the remote horizontally, and tilting its front/top up towards you, as if you wanted to look at the screen. This is what triggers the ball bearing, and I hope you'll have more success than just shaking it.

Regards,

Sylvain
That's the way it worked until it became aged. Now, tilting it (gently or aggressively) doesn't do a thing. It used to only require a 20 degree tilt (I remember somewhere in this thread measuring estimating that degree). Shaking it often doesn't do the trick either. At one point, I was resigned to striking it against my other hand. That is until I realized all I had to do was press the "Activities" button or simply swipe the touchscreen.

Edit: Found the post in question from 4 years ago (when my tilt sensor was working correctly): https://www.avsforum.com/t/967841/official-logitech-harmony-one-thread/6690#post_18595062
Quote:
Originally Posted by 120inna55 View Post

I used to think that I was having some increased wake times, but I've about decided it was just in my head.

When I first got the remote, picking it up turned woke it up. I figured out quickly that the "rattle" was the waking apparatus. Over time, I've started to rush the process by shaking the remote, becoming more trained to the sound of the rattle as opposed to the actual lighting up of the remote.

After reading your post I performed the following test: I lifted the remote very gently keeping it horizontal. The remote remained asleep. I tilted the remote upward very slowly and gently until it woke up. I then performed other tests. Regardless of the aggressiveness with which I tilted the remote upward, it woke up when it reached a 22º angle.

However if I lifted the remote and tilted it downward (towards the floor) it would not wake up even to the point of past vertical (the remote pointing directly at the floor). If I continued this end-over-end rotation, the remote remained asleep until it reached the +10º angle.

I then explored my behavior. When I get up in the mornings I turn everything on. From a standing position, I pick the remote up from the table and aim it downward at my equipment. As mentioned above, aiming the remote downward will not wake it. I find that I end up shaking the remote to wake it. It's now habit.

Once I'm seated, I pick up the remote and naturally tilt it upward so I can see the LCD. The angle necessay for me to make out the screen is easily the required 22º, so the remote wakes up. However, I've probably subconsciously decided the remote requires a shake to wake, so that's what I end up doing. (In the words of Stewie Griffin, "...shake me! Shake me like a british nanny!").

Ultimately, you can simply press the "Activites" hard button and wake the remote without ill effects. All that does is toggle the screen between your current activity's custom screen and the "Activities" screen.
post #11277 of 12436 Old 05-14-2014, 05:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post

If the replacement Logitech battery does not have the Blue stripe, then you are good, there has been no problem with the white batteries swelling.

I had completely missed this point. My 880 just had the battery swell issue, breaking the battery cover and the battery did have the blue label. My Harmony One and Harmony 900 both have white label batteries, I just checked. Wish I had noticed this point before it was too late for my 880.
post #11278 of 12436 Old 05-29-2014, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 136
I'm using a harmony one to control my htpc running windows 8.1. I have an HP RC-6 ir receiver which works fine. Using "Media Center PC" device, the Harmony will consistently wake up my HTPC when I start the activity, but it will only put the HTPC to sleep perhaps one time in 15. Using the device page for the Media Center PC, the power toggle button will always work to put the HTPC to sleep. I've spent hours and hours adjusting all the parameters in the software including delays with no luck. Can anyone help? BTW, I"d also prefer that the Harmony use the dedicated 'power on' and 'power off' commands rather than the power toggle to avoid sync issues. Is that possible?
post #11279 of 12436 Old 05-30-2014, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culpepper View Post

I'm using a harmony one to control my htpc running windows 8.1. I have an HP RC-6 ir receiver which works fine. Using "Media Center PC" device, the Harmony will consistently wake up my HTPC when I start the activity, but it will only put the HTPC to sleep perhaps one time in 15. Using the device page for the Media Center PC, the power toggle button will always work to put the HTPC to sleep. I've spent hours and hours adjusting all the parameters in the software including delays with no luck. Can anyone help? BTW, I"d also prefer that the Harmony use the dedicated 'power on' and 'power off' commands rather than the power toggle to avoid sync issues. Is that possible?
I had the same results as you with using the H1 to control my Win8 HTPC, including the HP IR receiver and Media Center. Along the way I added a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard and M305 mouse, which are my primary input devices when in HTPC mode. It's been a while since I set up my HT system, but I think I added the Windows start button and I use the classic windows desktop environment instead of the Win8 apps/tiles. So, when I'm done using the HTPC, I use the mouse to click on the start button, then go thru a routine PC shutdown. While the PC is shutting down, I use the H1 to shutdown down the rest of the HT system or select another activity, such as Watch TV. BTW, my HTPC usage is pretty basic: access other PCs on my home network, display hi-res photos, play music, and use the internet, such as ESPN3, Google Hangout, etc.

Please enter password to view this signature.
post #11280 of 12436 Old 05-30-2014, 11:06 PM

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post

I had the same results as you with using the H1 to control my Win8 HTPC, including the HP IR receiver and Media Center. Along the way I added a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard and M305 mouse, which are my primary input devices when in HTPC mode. It's been a while since I set up my HT system, but I think I added the Windows start button and I use the classic windows desktop environment instead of the Win8 apps/tiles. So, when I'm done using the HTPC, I use the mouse to click on the start button, then go thru a routine PC shutdown. While the PC is shutting down, I use the H1 to shutdown down the rest of the HT system or select another activity, such as Watch TV. BTW, my HTPC usage is pretty basic: access other PCs on my home network, display hi-res photos, play music, and use the internet, such as ESPN3, Google Hangout, etc.

Thanks for the reply, Sgooter. Coincidence: I also have the same Logitech keyboard and mouse, and they work really well. I have no problem putting the htpc to sleep manually, but I was looking for a one-button solution, which the H1 should supply. I was just experimenting with the htpc's automatic sleep mode, and it's as unreliable as the Harmony. Now I'm back to adjusting delays and once again increasing the duration of the power toggle command. Up to 5 seconds now, with inconsistent results. This shouldn't be so difficult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote , Logitech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page