Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 415 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 177Likes

post #12421 of 12436 Old 01-30-2019, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGauge4Me View Post
Where did you send the remote to and were you happy with the service? My off button does not work properly.
The link Sgooter sent is where I sent it. It was a total of one week from the time I mailed it out until it was returned to me. Extremely happy with the service I received from Quin. He communicated every step of the process. My One is working like new. Send him an email with any questions and he will reply promptly.
Sgooter likes this.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12422 of 12436 Old 01-31-2019, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thank You
post #12423 of 12436 Old 01-31-2019, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
While you're awaiting pappaduke's response, here's a great source for H1 repairs.
TY I probably have a 2 week period while we are remodeling the living room, in March, and I will get the H1 fixed then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12424 of 12436 Old 02-25-2019, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Have my One controlling a Hopper 3 from Dish, would like to program the Options Button on the 54.0 (voice) remote, but could not get the One to learn it, and it is not in the commands for the Hopper that I used. Is this an RF only command? Is it under another device? I would really like to add this command as it gives access to a lot of different menus from one button. Thanks for any ideas.

post #12425 of 12436 Old 02-25-2019, 09:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRussell View Post
Have my One controlling a Hopper 3 from Dish, would like to program the Options Button on the 54.0 (voice) remote, but could not get the One to learn it, and it is not in the commands for the Hopper that I used. Is this an RF only command? Is it under another device? I would really like to add this command as it gives access to a lot of different menus from one button. Thanks for any ideas.
Do you know if other remotes have it or is it only on the 54.0?

Odd that the learning function didn't work.

You can test for IR/RF by blocking the receive antenna (foil over the connector works well)

Last edited by ST Dog; 03-08-2019 at 12:18 PM.
post #12426 of 12436 Old 03-02-2019, 06:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I’m having a bizarre issue with my home theatre setup, I used the harmony one with this system for several years and the issue just started happening after I moved to my new house, I didn’t change absolutely anything in the system as far as adding a new component or modifying the settings on my harmony one remote whatsoever..

I use my EC9300 OLED TV’s built in channel tuner to get local hd channels using a QAM tuner, I get about 5 hd local channels which is good enough for me but the tuner also found a whole bunch of other crappy and non functional channels During the channel scan but It used to be a non issue as I just watched any one of the 5 local hd channels that I care about and would never manually switch to the non functional channels so it was never an issue but the issue I’m having right now is that when the entire home theatre system is off and I click “ Watch hdtv” activity on my harmony one, as the activity is started and the tv and my avr are turned on and the proper inputs are selected, there seems to be another command being sent out by the harmony to the tv which CHANGES the channel to some random channel (a non functional channel that isn’t even working) and i then need to switch back to one of the 5 hd channels I actually want to watch and this happens every time I start up the system. I looked up the startup sequence in the harmony software and it’s straightforward there (as I expected because I haven’t changed anything), the harmony one is programmed to turn on and send “TV” input command to the lg OLED tv to set it to tv mode and the avr to the proper input,

What could possibly be causing this? If I start the system using a different activity such as “Watch Apple TV” and if I do “Watch HDTV “ from there the random channel change does not occur, It it only when I start up the system using the watch hdtv activity.

I’m clueless as to what’s causing this, the only way i have found to combat this issue so far is to manually Add an extra command of “channelPrev” to the watch hdtv activity in order to basically switch back to the proper functioning tv channel once the tv is turned on and that random channel switch occurs.

When I watch hdtv, and I turn off the system, the next time I turn on the system the same channel should be on screen but the darn harmony remote SWITCHES the channel to some random non functional channel from the TV guide lineup and I need to manually switch back to one of the 5 channels I want to watch. This is absurd. I tried deleting these non functional channels from the lineup of channels in Lg’s channel settings page but they don’t allow it.

When I turn on the system using the tv’s original remote this problem doesn’t occur so it’s not a problem with the tv, I bought a harmony 950 remote as well thinking my harmony one was perhaps defective but the 950 does the exact same thing upon “Watch Hdtv” activity startup. (I migrated my harmony settings entirely from the harmony one to the 950)

I’ve I tried placing my hand in front of the harmony remote right towards the end of the Watch TV Start Activity Sequence after it turned on the tv and avr and the proper inputs were set and the random channel switch does NOT occour so I know for certain that some signal is sent out from the harmony to the LG oled tv that causes it to change to some random non functional channel and it’s driving me insane. I tried deleting the watch hdtv activity in the myharmony computer software and re creating the watch hdtv activity from scratch and the same issue occurs, I did not try deleting the ec9300 OLED tv from the devices menu and re adding the tv to the devices menu.

The startup sequence of the Watch HDTv activity is as simple as it gets

“turn OLED TV On
turn Onkyo AVR On
Set LG OLED Tv to “TV”
Set AVR to CBL/Sat”

I manually added a “ChannelPrev” command to the end of that sequence now to combat this insane issue I’m having so that at least when the tv changes to the random channel on startup the “ChannelPrev” command basically forces the tv to go back to the channel that it turned on with in the first place which would have been one of the desired 5 local hd channels that I’m watching on a normal basis

“Simplink” is turned off on the LG OLED TV and HDMI control (CEC) is turned off on the Onkyo NR818 AVR, that was one the first things i suspected to check for when I first noticed the issue. I'm clueless at this point and id be greatly appreciated if someone can help me
post #12427 of 12436 Old 03-02-2019, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 139
I might suggest taking a few moments to create and try a brand new Watch LG TV activity, and see if the problem persists.

Please enter password to view this signature.
post #12428 of 12436 Old 03-02-2019, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post
IThe startup sequence of the Watch HDTv activity is as simple as it gets

“turn OLED TV On

turn Onkyo AVR On

Set LG OLED Tv to “TV”

Set AVR to CBL/Sat”
If the TV is set to TV and you select the input again (with original remote) does it do anything odd?

Maybe add a switch go some other input before selecting TV in the start up sequence.

Or try adding a delay before selecting the input.

Any recent firmware updates in the TV?

Last edited by ST Dog; 03-02-2019 at 03:29 PM.
post #12429 of 12436 Old 03-02-2019, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I might suggest taking a few moments to create and try a brand new Watch LG TV activity, and see if the problem persists.
I have tried that and the same problem still occurs, i even deleted the LG oled from the Devices list and added it all over again, created a new Watch HD TV activity and the same exact behavior happens when the system is started up using the Watch HDTV Activity command

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
If the TV is set to TV and you select the input again (with original remote) does it do anything ood?

Maybe add a switch go some other input before selecting TV in the start up sequence.

Or try adding a delay before selecting the input.

Any recent firmware updates in the TV?
No i havent updated the firmware on the TV at all, how would i go about adding a Delay to the or what type of command could i insert in between the chain of commands? im so puzzeled by this whole situation.
post #12430 of 12436 Old 03-02-2019, 10:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
No i havent updated the firmware on the TV at all, how would i go about adding a Delay to the or what type of command could i insert in between the chain of commands?
Not sure. I remember setting a power up delay for my AVR but not the details.

As for a command, add a change to Another input before selecting TV/tuner as the input. Mimics the switch from DVD to TV that you said works.
post #12431 of 12436 Old 03-03-2019, 03:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Quote:
I have tried that and the same problem still occurs, i even deleted the LG oled from the Devices list and added it all over again, created a new Watch HD TV activity and the same exact behavior happens when the system is started up using the Watch HDTV Activity command

No i havent updated the firmware on the TV at all, how would i go about adding a Delay to the or what type of command could i insert in between the chain of commands? im so puzzeled by this whole situation.
I have read in this forum about IR devices getting interference from other devices and I believe lighting. Since you haven't changed/added equipment could it be you rearranged your AV gear or maybe some other interference in the new home? I haven't experienced this myself, but I'm quite sure I've read that somewhere in these pages. Hope you solve your issue.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
post #12432 of 12436 Old 03-03-2019, 05:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
If I understand correctly, you prefer to watch only the 5 HD OTA channels. I note that the User Guide for your TV indicates that you can MANUALLY tune and select those 5 OTA HD channels versus using the AUTO tune function that has been picking up everything good or bad in the frequency spectrum. This leads me to believe that you could thereby avoid reception of the other non-functional channels. This might be an acceptable workaround for the problem, in that it would stop the TV from tuning/switching to the non-functional channels. Hope this makes sense.

Please enter password to view this signature.
post #12433 of 12436 Old 03-05-2019, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If I understand correctly, you prefer to watch only the 5 HD OTA channels. I note that the User Guide for your TV indicates that you can MANUALLY tune and select those 5 OTA HD channels versus using the AUTO tune function that has been picking up everything good or bad in the frequency spectrum. This leads me to believe that you could thereby avoid reception of the other non-functional channels. This might be an acceptable workaround for the problem, in that it would stop the TV from tuning/switching to the non-functional channels. Hope this makes sense.
I’ll need to check that manual tuning option to see if I can manually tune in to the 5 channels I actually watch. Not sure how To do it but I’ll try going at it tonight.
post #12434 of 12436 Old 03-05-2019, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
I have read in this forum about IR devices getting interference from other devices and I believe lighting. Since you haven't changed/added equipment could it be you rearranged your AV gear or maybe some other interference in the new home? I haven't experienced this myself, but I'm quite sure I've read that somewhere in these pages. Hope you solve your issue.
I haven’t rearranged anything in the layout of the system, everything is placed on the media cabinet exactly as it was in the apartment I used to live in before I moved to the house I live in now. I’ve never experienced such a puzzling issue with my home theatre system.
post #12435 of 12436 Old 03-08-2019, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
Do you know if other remotes have it or is it only on the 54.0?

Odd that the kerning function didn't work.

You can test for IR/RF by blocking the receive antenna (foil over the connector works well)

I heard from Dish support, they explained that the new "Options" button was the same as the "Red" buttons on earlier remotes. I was able to find a command for the "Red" button in the Harmony database for my DVR. I simply did not know the command name.
ST Dog likes this.

post #12436 of 12436 Old 06-18-2019, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Is there a decent RF outlet that I can use for a Behringer iNuke 3000D that can be controlled by the Logitech Harmony Ultimate One with hub?

7.1.4 Theater Room (In Progress): JVC-RS46U, Silver Ticket AT 2.35:1 142”, Onkyo RZ830, Anthem PVA-7, Panasonic DBT-110, JBL Studio 270’s, NXG-NX BAS 500 (for now)

3.1 Living Room: Samsung 64” F8500 Plasma, Anthem MRX 300, Dynaudio Audience 52’s, Dynaudio Audience 122C, NHT SubOne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote , Logitech