Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 417 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 196Likes

post #12481 of 12507 Old 11-24-2019, 06:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post
Sounds like something went awry in the process... can't really say what specifically it was or add anything helpful. Sorry.
Thanks for responding. It’s not the end of the world. I can reprogram if I have too.

Grey Cup Sunday here so it wouldn’t get done today 😎
grantb3 likes this.

Yamaha HTR-6063- receiver (or RX-V667)
Sony Bdp-s590
Panasonic VT60 65
Yamaha R N303 stereo receiver
Pioneer PL-200 turntable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12482 of 12507 Old 11-25-2019, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just got a new avr.Downloaded the myharmony software and was able to dig up my old username and password.Any guidance on the best way to delete the old avr and put in the new one?Or should I just wipe it and start over again?Thanks-Tyler

Panasonic TCP65GT30-Pioneer VSX 504-Emotiva XPA2- Sony PS4-Oppo DV980H-Dish 622-Polk RTI A9s(front)Polk RTI A6 (center) Polk FXI A4's(rear) Klipsch RW12D(subwoofer)-Dish 622
post #12483 of 12507 Old 11-25-2019, 03:09 PM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 794 Post(s)
Liked: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerh View Post
Just got a new avr.Downloaded the myharmony software and was able to dig up my old username and password.Any guidance on the best way to delete the old avr and put in the new one?Or should I just wipe it and start over again?Thanks-Tyler
I usually just leave the old AVR there (at least for a while) and rename it to something OLD AVR, then add in the new AVR, then change all the activities one-by-one by unclicking the old AVR and clicking the new one, then adjust any inputs as you go through each activity setup.

I **think** the above is easier than deleting the old AVR first, where it breaks all the activities, but I haven't actually tried the deleting first, so I might be wrong. It usually takes very little time to change out a component in Harmony setup. It's one of the things I love about Harmony.
ST Dog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12484 of 12507 Old 11-26-2019, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjp View Post
I usually just leave the old AVR there (at least for a while) and rename it to something OLD AVR, then add in the new AVR, then change all the activities one-by-one by unclicking the old AVR and clicking the new one, then adjust any inputs as you go through each activity setup.

I **think** the above is easier than deleting the old AVR first, where it breaks all the activities, but I haven't actually tried the deleting first, so I might be wrong. It usually takes very little time to change out a component in Harmony setup. It's one of the things I love about Harmony.
It has been a few years, but my recollection is the same. It is easier to add the replacement, re-do the activities, then delete the old equipment. Deleting the old piece first adds a lot of time, work, and aggravation to the process.
post #12485 of 12507 Old 12-02-2019, 10:05 AM

Ok so followed advice and added new and got rid of old.So far I've got 50 percent of my activities working correctly.Part of the problem is I only do this every bunch of years and have to relearn everything.
I remember the original software was horrible and headache inducing.The next time(As I remember)was much better and everything went relatively smoothly.I know I am running the same software now(saw everything listed)but I could have sworn that when I told the software what brand and model it knew all the input labels etc.Now it seems it just gives you common inputs and you have to enter the rest.
Which brings me to first problem.One activity is "Play Game."That activity is so I can view PS4 media including Blue Rays.The problem is the AVR is not changing to the correct input-it just stays put.The display on the AVR is BD/DVD.The harmony software only lists BD.I tries making up a label but it would not allow a slash. Thanks-Tyler

Panasonic TCP65GT30-Pioneer VSX 504-Emotiva XPA2- Sony PS4-Oppo DV980H-Dish 622-Polk RTI A9s(front)Polk RTI A6 (center) Polk FXI A4's(rear) Klipsch RW12D(subwoofer)-Dish 622
post #12486 of 12507 Old 12-02-2019, 10:26 AM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok so followed advice and added new and got rid of old. So far I've got 50 percent of my activities working correctly.
Normally you would add the new device, then update the activities, and then, much later, after everything has been working for a long time, delete the old device. If you deleted the old before updating the activities, that may have made it a bit more difficult. I usually don't delete the old device until it is physically out of the house so I can roll back easily if I ever need to.

Quote:
One activity is "Play Game."That activity is so I can view PS4 media including Blue Rays.The problem is the AVR is not changing to the correct input-it just stays put.The display on the AVR is BD/DVD.The harmony software only lists BD.I tries making up a label but it would not allow a slash. Thanks-Tyler
Normally the Harmony button labels are pretty close to the OEM labels, but they are not always exact. Are you using the "BD" input and it is not working, or are you not picking anything because you don't see the "BD/DVD" you expect?

If you have specified "BD" and it isn't changing to the right input, then select some other activity like "Play CD" -- or just manually select the "CD" input on your AVR -- then see what happens when you hit "View PS4". If it consistently changes from CD to some other input, then Harmony's BD is mis-mapped and you need to figure out which harmony input label actually corresponds to "BD/DVD". You can find that out easily by putting the Harmony into device mode to control the AVR, and then write down which AVR input is selected (on the AVR display) when you hit each Harmony input selection button (particularly what happens with "BD").

If it doesn't change off the "CD" input at all when you hit "View PS4", that would mean the Harmony isn't changing inputs at all for the PS4 activity. That seems less likely, but nonetheless, in order to fix it, it's important to first determine exactly what isn't working.
post #12487 of 12507 Old 12-02-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Normally you would add the new device, then update the activities, and then, much later, after everything has been working for a long time, delete the old device. If you deleted the old before updating the activities, that may have made it a bit more difficult. I usually don't delete the old device until it is physically out of the house so I can roll back easily if I ever need to.

Normally the Harmony button labels are pretty close to the OEM labels, but they are not always exact. Are you using the "BD" input and it is not working, or are you not picking anything because you don't see the "BD/DVD" you expect?

If you have specified "BD" and it isn't changing to the right input, then select some other activity like "Play CD" -- or just manually select the "CD" input on your AVR -- then see what happens when you hit "View PS4". If it consistently changes from CD to some other input, then Harmony's BD is mis-mapped and you need to figure out which harmony input label actually corresponds to "BD/DVD". You can find that out easily by putting the Harmony into device mode to control the AVR, and then write down which AVR input is selected (on the AVR display) when you hit each Harmony input selection button (particularly what happens with "BD").

If it doesn't change off the "CD" input at all when you hit "View PS4", that would mean the Harmony isn't changing inputs at all for the PS4 activity. That seems less likely, but nonetheless, in order to fix it, it's important to first determine exactly what isn't working.
I was only replacing the one device AVR and the older one was defective so...
Anyways I got it going.At your suggestion I looked at what the harmony had listed for inputs.No bd (nor HDMI 5 for that matter).On the other hand I did see "strmbox (Roku) which I definitely did add.Finally remembered I added that by "teaching) that input in stead of using the other method(which obviously is not for what I was doing).I also simplified things by moving the hdmi cord from hdmi 5(which does not have it's own button the AVR remote) to the "game" input.Someday I"ll read up on renaming the inputs.
Thanks for every one's help.This forum has definitely saved me a ton of frustration over the years.

post #12488 of 12507 Old 12-02-2019, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Has there been any notice from Logitech on an Update to online website? They said mid-November a while back. Thx All
Logitech Harmony Remote Software
post #12489 of 12507 Old 12-04-2019, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by kininn View Post
Has there been any notice from Logitech on an Update to online website? They said mid-November a while back. Thx All
Logitech Harmony Remote Software
I just took a look at their website and I see the same message that was there a few weeks ago😡
I’d like update a couple of activities but can’t because I’m still waiting.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM. B&W PX for travel
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
post #12490 of 12507 Old 12-04-2019, 08:23 PM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kininn View Post
Has there been any notice from Logitech on an Update to online website? They said mid-November a while back.
Did they specify which November?
roland6465, joe221 and pappaduke like this.
post #12491 of 12507 Old 12-05-2019, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I could use some advice. My parents recently got spectrum cable installed, so I had to reprogram their harmony one again. Not a big deal I was adding a roku to their system also.
Now my problem is the stupid spectrum receiver won't wake up/turn on. The harmony one works fine once it's on/woke up.
I could use some advice on fixing this so it turns on with that activity. Everything else works just fine. Just need to get that stupid spectrum receiver to wake up. I think it's their spectrum 201H DVR receiver.
post #12492 of 12507 Old 12-05-2019, 10:01 AM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG View Post
I could use some advice. My parents recently got spectrum cable installed, so I had to reprogram their harmony one again. Not a big deal I was adding a roku to their system also.
Now my problem is the stupid spectrum receiver won't wake up/turn on. The harmony one works fine once it's on/woke up.
I could use some advice on fixing this so it turns on with that activity. Everything else works just fine. Just need to get that stupid spectrum receiver to wake up. I think it's their spectrum 201H DVR receiver.
Most cable boxes (possibly all) have only a "power toggle" instead of the discreet "power on" and "power off". This makes it very easy for the cable box power state to get out of sync. If, for example, you happen to have the cable box already on when you start the "Watch Cable" activity, the cable box will actually turn off while the TV powers up. If you then power down the "Watch Cable" activity, the cable box will turn on while the TV is powering off. You should be able to fix things with the "help" button. What happens when you hit help? It should ask if the Spectrum box is on then give you the option to turn it on if not. If it doesn't ask about the Spectrum box, then it isn't properly included in that activity.

There workaround for this "out of sync" problem is to leave the cable box on all the time. You can do that by going into the "device" menu on My Harmony and change the power settings for Spectrum to leave the cable box power on all the time.
joe221 and mdavej like this.
post #12493 of 12507 Old 12-05-2019, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Most cable boxes (possibly all) have only a "power toggle" instead of the discreet "power on" and "power off". This makes it very easy for the cable box power state to get out of sync. If, for example, you happen to have the cable box already on when you start the "Watch Cable" activity, the cable box will actually turn off while the TV powers up. If you then power down the "Watch Cable" activity, the cable box will turn on while the TV is powering off. You should be able to fix things with the "help" button. What happens when you hit help? It should ask if the Spectrum box is on then give you the option to turn it on if not. If it doesn't ask about the Spectrum box, then it isn't properly included in that activity.

There workaround for this "out of sync" problem is to leave the cable box on all the time. You can do that by going into the "device" menu on My Harmony and change the power settings for Spectrum to leave the cable box power on all the time.
Thanks, I'll try the power on all the time. I wasn't around to try the help button, I don't live there. My parents had uverse and google fiber tv and this wasn't an issue until now. I need to rearrange some of the touch screen sort cut's while I'm at it.
post #12494 of 12507 Old 12-05-2019, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:

I switched from DirecTV to Hulu to Spectrum in the past few months, and had no problem with my two Harmony Ones with the Spectrum Technicolor boxes. Did the setup, tweaked, and everything is working great. What box do they have?
post #12495 of 12507 Old 12-05-2019, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland6465 View Post
I switched from DirecTV to Hulu to Spectrum in the past few months, and had no problem with my two Harmony Ones with the Spectrum Technicolor boxes. Did the setup, tweaked, and everything is working great. What box do they have?
I'm pretty sure it's the spectrum 201H DVR receiver.
post #12496 of 12507 Old 12-05-2019, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's the spectrum 201H DVR receiver.
I’ve got 2 201s and a 101, and all is well. You may have to remove and re-add the device.
post #12497 of 12507 Old 12-05-2019, 08:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I’ve got 2 201s and a 101, and all is well. You may have to remove and re-add the device.
Thanks, I'll give it a try next time I'm at their house. I need to rearrange some touch screen buttons for the roku anyway.
post #12498 of 12507 Old 12-05-2019, 10:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Thanks, I'll give it a try next time I'm at their house. I need to rearrange some touch screen buttons for the roku anyway.
Never power off the cable box. We don't own them so why turn it off? Mine is always on & and I never have a problem. You should reboot it once a month just to keep it trouble free

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
post #12499 of 12507 Old 12-06-2019, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Never power off the cable box. We don't own them so why turn it off? Mine is always on & and I never have a problem. You should reboot it once a month just to keep it trouble free

Over the many years, I also came to the conclusion to not power off the various cable boxes I’ve had. It all works so much smoother leaving it on all the time.
post #12500 of 12507 Old 12-06-2019, 05:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

First reason that pops into my head is that if the box dies, you lose your recordings. Second reason is that the dog is conditioned to go to the bedroom at night when we power down the living room, and leaving the box on would mess up the sequence of clicks.
Sgooter likes this.
post #12501 of 12507 Old 12-06-2019, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Second reason is that the dog is conditioned to go to the bedroom at night when we power down the living room, and leaving the box on would mess up the sequence of clicks.
Mine just recognizes my arm position to hit the power button. She's moving before the first sound.
post #12502 of 12507 Old 12-06-2019, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Did you test with device mode?

Maybe it's missing the power sequence. Remote pointed wrong or something.

Try changing the order devices come on to send when remote is better oriented.

Or try learning power from OEM remote to see if there's a difference.
post #12503 of 12507 Old 12-06-2019, 07:55 AM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
First reason that pops into my head is that if the box dies, you lose your recordings.

I don't think leaving it on makes much difference in longevity of the cable box. When it's "off", it's still on, it's keeping tabs on your recording schedule and kicks off recordings even though it's "off". I think they use almost the same amount of power when "off" as when "on". They are designed to stay on all the time.
post #12504 of 12507 Old 12-06-2019, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm not turning the box on or off per say. It's a sleep, wake up that almost every cable box dose. Like if you have the cable box on the same channel for more the like 8 hours without touching anything the box goes into standby, goes to sleep. I just want it to wake up when my parents hit the watch TV activity. Some boxes will have you hit the ok button to wakeup if it dosen't wake up, come out of standby.
post #12505 of 12507 Old 12-06-2019, 12:04 PM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm not turning the box on or off per say. It's a sleep, wake up that almost every cable box dose. Like if you have the cable box on the same channel for more the like 8 hours without touching anything the box goes into standby, goes to sleep. I just want it to wake up when my parents hit the watch TV activity. Some boxes will have you hit the ok button to wakeup if it dosen't wake up, come out of standby.
I'm not familiar with the individual box, but that automatic sleep/shutoff is probably configurable in the cable setup menus. You would want to shut that auto-shutoff off. You definitely don't want anything changing the power state on it's own because that will screw up everything. Harmony Infrared commands are only one-way communication -- there is no way for the Harmony to actually know whether something is on or off -- the Harmony only "knows" because it sent all the commands so it keeps track of what state it should be in (but it won't be in if it automatically sleeps, or somebody uses the cable remote to turn on the box (since the Harmony didn't do it, it won't know)).

If the cable box has discreet "power on" and "power off", it will work perfectly all the time because Harmony can just send "on" when it needs it to be on and the result will be that it is on regardless of whether it was previously on or off. Power toggle is a drag, it will just toggle between states, which is pure hell when (for example) the TV and cable box are out of sync on power state.
post #12506 of 12507 Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I'm not turning the box on or off per say. It's a sleep, wake up that almost every cable box dose.
Well you probably need too, and the users need to use the H1 activities and off button.

Also teach them to use the help function to resync things. It's easier for less tech inclined.
(I can tell the problem and just use device functions to correct, but not the wife/kids)
post #12507 of 12507 Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post

Also teach them to use the help function to resync things. It's easier for less tech inclined.
(I can tell the problem and just use device functions to correct, but not the wife/kids)

THIS! I set up my over-70 year old Dad & Stepmom with a ZVOXX and basic Harmony 860(?) remote a couple of years ago, and I have saved myself hours on the phone by driving the HELP button home to them. If the remote is properly set up, HELP will get even my Dad back to watching his PTI at cocktail hour. And he has a flip phone. That he bought new in 2015 when his other one died. Dude is fighting it all the way, and I've got him fixing it himself.
pjp likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote , Logitech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page