Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 419 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 211Likes

post #12541 of 12550 Old 03-21-2020, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3286 Post(s)
Liked: 1504
All is clear now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12542 of 12550 Old 04-09-2020, 02:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Xfinity X1 & XR15 Remote

I have an XG1-P set top box and an XR15-UQ remote. While this set top box is in the Harmony database, it appears the remote works on RF, not IR, which is a problem for a Harmony One IR remote. The power toggle works, but nothing else. Does anyone know if there's a way to switch the box so that it responds to IR commands?

Last edited by BIslander; 04-09-2020 at 05:19 PM.
post #12543 of 12550 Old 04-10-2020, 05:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIslander View Post
I have an XG1-P set top box and an XR15-UQ remote. While this set top box is in the Harmony database, it appears the remote works on RF, not IR, which is a problem for a Harmony One IR remote. The power toggle works, but nothing else. Does anyone know if there's a way to switch the box so that it responds to IR commands?
If you "unpair" the XR15 remote from the STB it should default to IR mode. You H1 should then work with it. The "unpair" should be somewhere in the STB setting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12544 of 12550 Old 04-10-2020, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPlayer View Post
If you "unpair" the XR15 remote from the STB it should default to IR mode. You H1 should then work with it. The "unpair" should be somewhere in the STB setting.
Thanks. The Xfinity support docs say that, unlike earlier remotes, the X15 auto pairs with the X1 box and there's no setting to unpair it. I've been through the remote reset process of holding down the A and D buttons and then entering either 981 or 987 to unpair/reset the remote. That unpairs it from both my Samsung TV and Denon AVR, but the X1 box still doesn't respond to the Harmony. CS was of no help, didn't seem to understand the issue. They are sending an XG11 remote. But, I can't imagine that will fix anything. The problem is that the XG1-P box seems locked to RF with no way to get it to respond to IR commands.

When I added the X1 box to my Harmony device list, I tried using the XR15 remote teach commands to the One. The Harmony took the power toggle right away, but never linked to any of the other buttons. The power button makes sense since the remote has to send IR power commands to TVs and AVRs. I guess I'll try unpairing the remote and then see if the X15 sends commands that Harmony can recognize for buttons like Guide and Exit.
post #12545 of 12550 Old 04-10-2020, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIslander View Post
Thanks. The Xfinity support docs say that, unlike earlier remotes, the X15 auto pairs with the X1 box and there's no setting to unpair it. I've been through the remote reset process of holding down the A and D buttons and then entering either 981 or 987 to unpair/reset the remote. That unpairs it from both my Samsung TV and Denon AVR, but the X1 box still doesn't respond to the Harmony. CS was of no help, didn't seem to understand the issue. They are sending an XG11 remote. But, I can't imagine that will fix anything. The problem is that the XG1-P box seems locked to RF with no way to get it to respond to IR commands.

When I added the X1 box to my Harmony device list, I tried using the XR15 remote teach commands to the One. The Harmony took the power toggle right away, but never linked to any of the other buttons. The power button makes sense since the remote has to send IR power commands to TVs and AVRs. I guess I'll try unpairing the remote and then see if the X15 sends commands that Harmony can recognize for buttons like Guide and Exit.
This may be a stretch but it would seem reasonable for the that STB to have the unpair function in its settings. If so make sure that when you are doing that the remote is not in the room or has its batteries removed, or it may automatically pair.
As the XR15 is primarily an RF remote you will not be able to teach any commands to the Harmony.
post #12546 of 12550 Old 04-10-2020, 11:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPlayer View Post
This may be a stretch but it would seem reasonable for the that STB to have the unpair function in its settings. If so make sure that when you are doing that the remote is not in the room or has its batteries removed, or it may automatically pair.
As the XR15 is primarily an RF remote you will not be able to teach any commands to the Harmony.
While it seems reasonable, there is no setting to unpair the XR15 remote from the XG1-P box.

But, SOLUTION! I recreated the device in the Harmony as PVR model XG1 (the name on the front of the X1 box). I had initially put it in as a cable TV box using the model name PX013AN (the name that is listed in the About section of the X1 settings). The Harmony now works just fine and, since I didn't unpair the XR15 remote, the voice feature on that remote still works. It looks like the X1 supports both RF and IR controls from two different remotes. Excellent.
ST Dog likes this.
post #12547 of 12550 Old 04-24-2020, 03:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello Everyone
I am using Harmony ultimate one ( Touchscreen)
I have a tried many ways to pair IR blaster but ist not showing up
on the touchscreen it shows looking for hub, I have pressed reset/pair button many times, still, the computer keeps on searching is there any other way out?
and one more question I have been using remote from last 20 days recently I noticed, battery flushes in 2 days with very minimal use is that normal or i need to change the battery ?
post #12548 of 12550 Old Yesterday, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hello all, I am not having any luck getting myJVC RS420 to shut off with all the other components when I push main off button. I know the projector takes two power off presses, but I have not been able to make it work. Any ideas?
post #12549 of 12550 Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagedweller View Post
Hello all, I am not having any luck getting myJVC RS420 to shut off with all the other components when I push main off button. I know the projector takes two power off presses, but I have not been able to make it work. Any ideas?
Does your JVC remote correctly turn off the RS420? If yes, then you may be able to teach/learn that power command from the JVC remote to the H1.

Also, I looked at another AV forum and found this post and reply that may be of help:

OP: My JVC projector requires 2 pushes of the standby button to shut down, I cannot get my Harmony 900 to do this. I know the way to program the 900 is the same as the "One" model I had previously and wondered if anyone had overcome this problem with the JVC 350/750 or whether the 550/950's had the same issue.

Reply: I use a harmony one and have set up an activity called Cinema Off. This sends a single off command to the JVC, a screen up command to my screen then a further off command to the JVC. I put the screen up command in between to give a pause ensuring both commands are recognised by the JVC. Hope that's of some help.

OP's Reply:
Thanks for that, I have done the same and it works! Now to get it to work via the other projector activities is the next task!

Please enter password to view this signature.
post #12550 of 12550 Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagedweller View Post
Does your JVC remote correctly turn off the RS420? If yes, then you may be able to teach/learn that power command from the JVC remote to the H1.

Also, I looked at another AV forum and found this post and reply that may be of help:

OP: My JVC projector requires 2 pushes of the standby button to shut down, I cannot get my Harmony 900 to do this. I know the way to program the 900 is the same as the "One" model I had previously and wondered if anyone had overcome this problem with the JVC 350/750 or whether the 550/950's had the same issue.

Reply: I use a harmony one and have set up an activity called Cinema Off. This sends a single off command to the JVC, a screen up command to my screen then a further off command to the JVC. I put the screen up command in between to give a pause ensuring both commands are recognised by the JVC. Hope that's of some help.

OP's Reply:
Thanks for that, I have done the same and it works! Now to get it to work via the other projector activities is the next task!
Great! I figured out how to get it working. Loaded RS600 as model, but added power off presses and a delay. All good now. Thanks for ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote , Logitech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page