Gaming on Sony X930E And Calibrations Settings for Video Games. No Input Lag - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #31 of 36 Old 12-16-2017, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by James209 View Post
I was just going to post a new thread asking people what TV they are gaming on. For FPS games you need as much as you can get, I currently have a 2011/2012 plasma lg TV. I was looking into the new LG oled TV's but was turned off about the burn in.

Iv been going back and fourth between the LG's and decided to wait till after CES 2018 to see what the new models will have in store.

I went to best buy today and looked again and a sony sales rep asked me to take a look at the sony Oled A1 tv, looked impressive but not as good as the LG E7 I was eyeballing plus the rep did not know the difference between the E7 and the A1.
I really wanted a LG OLED as well, I was about to pull the trigger on one until I looked into the burn-in issue as well. Literally everything about the TV was perfect besides that issue (great input lag, great picture, perfect motion response, perfect viewing angles, webOS, configurability, etc...) It was just way too much money to baby a TV and run the risk long-term.

I was going to wait until the 2018 models as well, but the black friday week prices on the Sony models (and the LG OLED models as well) was too good to pass up, so I picked up a 65" 930E. If LG can work out the burn-in issues next year, I may pick up one as well.

As for the Sony A1 OLED, it uses a LG panel (same as they use in the LG OLED 2017 series) but uses Sony's circuitry. RTings has a good review of it up on their site, if I recall the only standout features are some of Sony's picture customizations, Sony also has a better gradient-mapping algorithm that you won't really notice. The downsides are the price and the input lag is worse than the OLED model.

Review is here: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/a1e-oled

RTings' snippet on this A1E versus the LG OLED is this:
Quote:
The C7 is LG's entry-level OLED TV. It is very similar to the A1E overall, and it offers picture quality that is virtually identical. It's also capable of displaying highlights slightly brighter for HDR, and lower input lag for gaming. On the other hand, the Sony A1E has smoother gradients and flickering motion feature. If you don't mind 24p judder over 60p and a slightly higher input lag, then the A1E may be a better choice, otherwise, go with whichever is cheaper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 01-21-2018, 04:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
First post on this forum, I'm in the UK and usually use AV Forums, but this post was such a great read and I have a question!

I already have a 65 LG B6 Oled. I want to use our spare bedroom for a gaming room, and would be in pitch black with a little bias lighting.

I'm used to the perfect blacks of an Oled but also the negatives such as some colour gradient issues and mostly image retention (yellow in particular causes it) and this can affect the enjoyment of a long gaming session, so I looked into some alternatives and came across a few VA panels, this Sony XE93 and the XE90 caught my attention.

In all honesty, what is it like in a pitch black room? Bloom too noticeable or not that bad? Everything I read says the set is bright and ideal for light rooms but I need to know if I am going to see a lot of bloom on games in a dark room, dark moody titles such as Evil Within 2 for example.

I'd only be using the set for gaming, on PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, PS3, Xbox 360 and Nvidia Shield (ideal for emulation!)

Thanks in advance!
post #33 of 36 Old 12-11-2018, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 49
If anyone updated to OREO ( I updated to it today) and are using these settings for 4K gaming, I will be posting a new update as OREO messed around with it a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"A Video Game Junkie At His Finest"
[1000+ games with 30 Consoles and counting]
Gamer Tag on Xbox and PSN: Vagrant Pistol

Sony 930E - Denon X4200W - Polk RTiA 7 - RTiA 3 - CSiA 6 - SVS SB12 Plus - PS4 Pro - Xbox One X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 Old 02-12-2019, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Pistol View Post
If anyone updated to OREO ( I updated to it today) and are using these settings for 4K gaming, I will be posting a new update as OREO messed around with it a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resurrecting a dead thread...but did you post the updates? Would love to check them out as I think Oreo definitely tweaked some things under the hood.

Thanks!
post #35 of 36 Old 02-17-2019, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin View Post
Resurrecting a dead thread...but did you post the updates? Would love to check them out as I think Oreo definitely tweaked some things under the hood.

Thanks!

Me too, also been following this thread since I bought mine and always looking to tweak.
post #36 of 36 Old 07-25-2019, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbus320 View Post
Me too, also been following this thread since I bought mine and always looking to tweak.
I recently got the update...have you messed with newer settings at all?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Tags
Sony

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page