Xbox One S or Upgrade to Xbox One X - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 01-19-2018, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Cool Xbox One S or Upgrade to Xbox One X

Xbox One S

Hi all friends!
I bought the Xbox one S 1 year ago and I am very happy with it.
Before anyone calls me a Sony fanboy or anti-xbox, But now I am a fan boy of both Sony PS3 and XBOX!!
The XBOX Bring so much improvements in the possibility to use it VLC player and more!!!

The xbox allow to upgrade internal hd by using a USB3 external hd and move all my games in a snap to clear space

The XBOX One X is Powerfull and look like the playing a great PC gamer !!!

Does I need to upgrade from XBOX 1S to XBOX 1X?!

Many thanks!

Loren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-26-2018, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I'd get the x box one x. Both sony and xbox are already working on their next gen sets but i am guessing we are 1 1/2 year away. If you have a nice tv that supports 4x or HDR youll like the xbox one x.
post #3 of 13 Old 02-01-2018, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Although no one knows for certain when Sony/Microsoft will release their next consoles, I think they are a ways off.
The PS4Pro is just over a year old and the XBOX ONE X is a few months old. Im guessing Sony/Microsoft won't announce their next consoles until 2020 earliest, with a release a year or two after that.

In short, get the XBOX One X. It is an impressive piece of hardware for the price point. And i'm saying this as a PS4Pro owner as well. I enjoy both!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 02-24-2018, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
nope I would guess given the product life cycle for the consoles these days we are about 1.5 years from demo unit release with atleast 2.5-4 years before we see the consoles on the store shelves..

As for either console I own both the standard xbox one and the one x, I can't see the the point in the one s

to be honest with high availability of high capacity hard drives as much as i like sleek and thin I wish they actually made a console to bolt into a chassis rail system so in can be mounted into a AV rack without the need of shelves

as for the sony, I own both the 1TB ps4 (white) and its pro counterpart in black
the xbox one halo ed. 1TB and the xbox one x 1TB black

as for display interface I have yet to see dual, tri or quad monitor on a console unless you are porting through a capture card to a pc...

as for next gen consoles we are looking at 2022/23 at a bare min before they are released

Last edited by Jason Howe; 02-28-2018 at 01:33 AM.
post #5 of 13 Old 03-17-2018, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenOA76 View Post
Xbox One S

Hi all friends!
I bought the Xbox one S 1 year ago and I am very happy with it.
Before anyone calls me a Sony fanboy or anti-xbox, But now I am a fan boy of both Sony PS3 and XBOX!!
The XBOX Bring so much improvements in the possibility to use it VLC player and more!!!

The xbox allow to upgrade internal hd by using a USB3 external hd and move all my games in a snap to clear space

The XBOX One X is Powerfull and look like the playing a great PC gamer !!!

Does I need to upgrade from XBOX 1S to XBOX 1X?!

Many thanks!

Loren

Since you own the XB1S (i do too), you have to weigh the pros and cons of the XB1X vs what you already own.

Pros:
- true 4K gaming + HDR

Cons:
- gotta spend 500 bucks today

I decided not to upgrade at this time... mainly b/c i do not want to spend $500 today when I can spend that same $500 (less when I account for inflation) in a few years for the next generation console.

I just do not see the benefit of an X upgrade.

-T
post #6 of 13 Old 03-27-2018, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Since you own the XB1S (i do too), you have to weigh the pros and cons of the XB1X vs what you already own.

Pros:
- true 4K gaming + HDR

Cons:
- gotta spend 500 bucks today

I decided not to upgrade at this time... mainly b/c i do not want to spend $500 today when I can spend that same $500 (less when I account for inflation) in a few years for the next generation console.

I just do not see the benefit of an X upgrade.

-T
I own both the Xbox One S and the Xbox One X, and I like playing on the Xbox One X more. But, I have my Xbox One X in my media room hooked up to a 4K HDR display and a Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 system, which sounds great. My Xbox One S is hooked up to a 4K HDR display (every TV in my house is 4K HDR) but a 7.1 system in my living room. The picture quality on the Xbox One S looks great on my LG W7, but I like the Xbox One X mostly because of the sound system it's connected to. Games like Assassin’s Creed Origins sounds very emersive in Dolby Atmos. While playing the game and standing in any town where people are, you can hear these people all around you. However, I haven't hooked the Xbox One S in my media room for direct comparison.

Only thing I wish is further range on the controllers. Both of my Xboxs are setup in a rack, and my controller cuts out frequently.

JVC RS4500K, Paladin DCR, Lumagen Radiance Pro, LG OLED W7, OLED E7, OLED C6, Sony A1E, Samsung QLED Q9F, QLED Q7F, Vizio P75c1, Marantz AV8805, Emotiva XPA-7 Gen 3, Integra DRC-R1, Anthem MRX 720, Oppo 203, Sunfire TGA-7401, Outlaw 5000, Triad Silver 7.1.4 Atmos setup, SVS PB16 Ultra, PSA 3601,SVS PB-13 Ultra, 31 Sonance VP88R, 6x6 Control4 4K HDR AV matrix, Control4 8 Zone AMP, Control4 EA-5, Control4 EA-1, QNAP TVS-882 & TS-451+
post #7 of 13 Old 04-08-2018, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Xbox One X can't play 4K UHD Blu Rays, might be a game breaker for some people.
post #8 of 13 Old 04-09-2018, 02:22 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Xbox ONE X is more future proof. id go that way
post #9 of 13 Old 04-14-2018, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmvE View Post
Xbox One X can't play 4K UHD Blu Rays, might be a game breaker for some people.
Really??? I thought the Xbox One X can play 4K UHD Blu-rays disc.
post #10 of 13 Old 04-15-2018, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoGuy View Post
Really??? I thought the Xbox One X can play 4K UHD Blu-rays disc.
You are correct, the One X DOES play 4k UHD blurays. I've watched several on mine. However, the Microsoft bluray app ain't the greatest, although the app has improved since the One X was released last fall.

Audio-Parasound Halo Integrated/Cambridge Audio CXNv2/Yamaha BD-A1060/Monitor Audio Silver 300/SVS SB1000/Sennheiser HD600/Shure SRH1540
Video-Sony XBR900E/Sony PS4Pro/Microsoft XBOX One X/Oppo BDP-103/Roku+/Yamaha YAS-107/Emotiva BasX S10
post #11 of 13 Old 04-27-2018, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I had an Xbox One S and upgraded to the Xbox One X for backwards compatibility. Sounds crazy, but I really wanted to play Red Dead Redemption again and it pops in 4K and they are adding more and more older games that were only released on consoles so it worked for me.

I did originally buy the Xbox One X for the 4K Blu-ray player but did end up buying the LG standalone and glad I did. The Xbox One is ok at playing 4k movies, but not that great.

Shon
post #12 of 13 Old 09-01-2019, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolldog View Post
I own both the Xbox One S and the Xbox One X, and I like playing on the Xbox One X more. But, I have my Xbox One X in my media room hooked up to a 4K HDR display and a Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 system, which sounds great. My Xbox One S is hooked up to a 4K HDR display (every TV in my house is 4K HDR) but a 7.1 system in my living room. The picture quality on the Xbox One S looks great on my LG W7, but I like the Xbox One X mostly because of the sound system it's connected to. Games like Assassin’s Creed Origins sounds very emersive in Dolby Atmos. While playing the game and standing in any town where people are, you can hear these people all around you. However, I haven't hooked the Xbox One S in my media room for direct comparison.

Only thing I wish is further range on the controllers. Both of my Xboxs are setup in a rack, and my controller cuts out frequently.
Can you get atmos in assassins creed on the S? Im trying to figure out if it'll do atmos on all the games that the x wil, because my base model one will not.

onkyo tx nr-787 9.2 channel receiver in 7.2.2 configuration, front L and R and L and R surrounds,onkyo skf 4800 floorstanders; center, jbl studio 235 C; rear surrounds, klipsch rbs51 II's; height, svs prime elevation modules; subs, two klipsch sw-112's;display, vizio m6557 4k uhd quantum display ps4, x box one, ps3, LG up 870 ultra hd blu ray player.;apple tv 4K; google chromecast;senheiser RS 170 wireless cans
post #13 of 13 Old 09-24-2019, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I'm getting Lip sync problems watching 4K movies on my Xbox One S with my JVC RS 2000 projector. Anyone else? Solutions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page