Both & the Switch!
xpavar and lynesjc like this.
post #3 of 24 Old 03-11-2018, 11:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 765
Uncharted 4 + Uncharted Spinoff, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus Remaster, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne (the real reason to buy a ps4), Tearaway (so underrated)...It's about the games, not the specs. At least, that's what it was for me. If you have a decent PC with Windows 10, you don't need an Xbox.

Gear: The Brains: Anthem MRX 720. The Brawn: Outlaw 7700. The Fun: Custom PC w/ Logitech 27 & reverse mount pedals, Nintendo Switch, Playstation PS4 Pro. The Visuals: Oppo 203, Darbee Darblet, Optoma HD3300, Panamorph UH480, DIY 138" Curved screen using Semour Centerstage XD AT material. The Audio: 7.1.4: LCR: Tannoy DC12i. Sides: Tannoy IW63DC. Rears: Tannoy DC8i. Ceilings: Tannoy CMS 603/601 DCBM. Subs: 3X Micro Marty and 1X Full Marty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 05-08-2018, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 4
They are both fine, I chose the xbox one X because it comes with a UHD player.
Modicen likes this.
post #5 of 24 Old 05-09-2018, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 637
I ended up getting both. Have always been a Xbox guy....got a XB1 at launch and then got an X last year. But there is no denying that playstation is where most of the best games this generation live....many already mentioned....for me the final nail was God of War. So I picked up a PS4 Pro. Now after playing GoW...I have a nice backlog of games like Zero Dawn, Uncharted, Last of Us Remastered, etc.

Going forward, 3rd party/multiplatform games....I will still opt for the XB version....assuming its not a game that everyone knows favors the PS4 or for some reason plays better on the PS4. I still prefer the XB1 X hardware over the PS4 Pro, i much prefer the controller over the dual shock....and I prefer XBL over PSN...and my PS4 Pro sounds like a jet airplane while the X is pretty much dead silent. PS4 will be for the exclusives of which Sony has several....while MS has....umm....hmm...Forza? =P

From the recent "leak" from EA about the sales figures for consoles....the amount that PS4 is outselling XB ended up way more than I had thought. Add to that the fact that MS just doesnt seem to be interested or care about investing in quality 1st party titles...really does point to PS4 being the console to get if you can only get one.....unless you REALLY cant live without Forza.

tldr: Get a PS4 Pro if you have to pick.
newfmp3 likes this.
post #6 of 24 Old 05-10-2018, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Plus you can play Forza on windows 10 if you have a gaming PC

Den: Sony XBR-75X940e / Denon AVR / Klipsch F3 / PS4 / Xbox One S / Nintendo Switch
Bedroom: Sony 55w910a / Apple TV 3rd Gen / Panasonic XP30 DVD player
HT: Paradigm CC-690 Center / SVS SB-01 Rears / SVS PB12-2/ISD
Kitchen: Sony 47w802a / ROKU / Vizio 3851 Soundbar
post #7 of 24 Old 05-14-2018, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Both. The only real answer. Controller on PS4 sucks, but I deal with it for the few exclusives it has. Meanwhile the Xbox X has replaced my PC gaming rig until the bitcoin nonsense brings PC prices back down to earth. As a media machine, blu ray, UHD player etc the Xbox is far better and works with any universal remote.
post #8 of 24 Old 05-14-2018, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post
Both. The only real answer. Controller on PS4 sucks, but I deal with it for the few exclusives it has. Meanwhile the Xbox X has replaced my PC gaming rig until the bitcoin nonsense brings PC prices back down to earth. As a media machine, blu ray, UHD player etc the Xbox is far better and works with any universal remote.
My thoughts exactly. I just finished God Of War and had hoped I would have gotten used to the PS4 controller but I didn't. But its not so bad that I can't put up with it for games that good.

My XB1 X is still my preferred console. PS4 Pro is just for the exclusives. Everything else will be the X unless there is some overwhelming reason to opt for PS4 Pro version.
newfmp3 likes this.
post #9 of 24 Old 05-15-2018, 04:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv4184 View Post
Plus you can play Forza on windows 10 if you have a gaming PC

you can, but I have had nothing but issues with Forza Horizon 3 on the PC. The windows store keeps messing it up and it often will not launch.
post #10 of 24 Old 05-16-2018, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Wow, this is a subject I am currently passionate about and I'm glad someone started a thread about it.

I'm going to get one thing clear straight off the bat, the PS4 Pro, or actually any PS4, is a must have. Period. No matter what other platforms you have. I would even go so far as to say a launch PS4 is more valuable than even a One X. For no other reason than the exclusives. The Xbox One (any variant) is currently the ONLY platform in gaming today that has none of its own exclusives. The PS4, Switch and even the PC itself have games that can't be played anywhere else. Before I get called a Sony fanboy or anti-Xbox I will make it clear that I have always owned all 3 consoles (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo), because I never wanted to miss out on a game due to some idiotic stubborn affinity to just one platform, and I do own a One X.

The problem with Xbox now is that Microsoft has put Windows 10 and Xbox under one umbrella, they have made it so the PC gets all the games that Xbox does. The reason this is a problem is because, if you have the money, you can have a PC that has far more power than even the current king of consoles, the One X. I myself am in that situation, my PC far outweighs the graphical prowess of the One X, so I am always going to choose to play on PC. For those that know PC's, mine has a GTX 1080 Ti in it, and from what i know about the One X it isn't even equal to a 1070. I'll also clear up a common misconception about PC. I use a 65" 4K TV with an Xbox One controller. There are way too many people that think you have to be on a tiny monitor with a mouse and keyboard.

Basically, IMO Microsoft has put themselves in a situation where the Xbox platform is no longer competing with the other consoles, it is competing with the PC. If you have the money and the means, then the Xbox platform is in a losing battle.

In other directions, the One X has no VR yet which I am currently obsessed with. I have PSVR and have the PC ones as well. Oh wait, the One X has a 4K blu-ray player? Too bad my stand-alone 4K player has features, that are important to me, that the One X does not have. Basically no matter what direction or angle you're coming from the One X is rendered useless for me.

Don't get me wrong, if you don't like PC because of the upkeep and cost the One X is still a must have, both for the Xbox/Windows exclusives and the multi platform games. But if you're in my position, I would pass on it. Don't make the same mistake I did.

I currently power on my One X for only two reasons, to get the dust moving around or to play backwards compatible games, that's it. BC is another sore spot for me though, they made BC a priority yet popular 1st party games of old have no support still (Mech Assault anyone?). Yes, 1st party which means Microsoft themselves were part of making it, and yes it was popular, but no support even though they have made BC a priority? This I REALLY do not understand. I have been buying Xbox since the beginning and as everyone knows it used to have its own exclusives, why Microsoft decided to change that I will never know. IMO it spits in the face of people (like me) that have always bought Xbox. How are they making money from people buying games on Steam anyway? I don't know about anyone else but even on PC I'm not buying from the Windows store so I don't know how this direction is helping Microsoft.

So in conclusion Xbox is the only platform today that has none of its own games, and I refuse to see that as anything but negative. If you don't have a powerful PC it's great, but if you do it quickly becomes useless. No, not everyone is going to be in my position where everything the One X can do (in all directions) they have found better elsewhere. But that situation simply shouldn't be possible, and NO other platform has that level of vulnerability.

Last edited by blaket81; 05-16-2018 at 07:16 AM.
post #11 of 24 Old 05-16-2018, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If price is not an option, both.
post #12 of 24 Old 05-16-2018, 04:08 PM

Liked: 47
What does a GTX 1080 Ti retail for these days?

Audio-Parasound Halo Integrated/Cambridge Audio CXNv2/Yamaha BD-A1060/Monitor Audio Silver 300/SVS SB1000/Sennheiser HD600/Shure SRH1540
Video-Sony XBR900E/Sony PS4Pro/Microsoft XBOX One X/Oppo BDP-103/Roku+/Yamaha YAS-107/Emotiva BasX S10
post #13 of 24 Old 05-17-2018, 06:32 AM

Liked: 47
You can buy a PS4Pro and an XboxOneX for the price of a 1080Ti. If you want a top of the line gaming PC right now, you have to purchase an entire rig.
sscroggin likes this.

Audio-Parasound Halo Integrated/Cambridge Audio CXNv2/Yamaha BD-A1060/Monitor Audio Silver 300/SVS SB1000/Sennheiser HD600/Shure SRH1540
Video-Sony XBR900E/Sony PS4Pro/Microsoft XBOX One X/Oppo BDP-103/Roku+/Yamaha YAS-107/Emotiva BasX S10
post #14 of 24 Old 09-25-2018, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Depends what you like to play, if you are mostly into online games, then get whatever console your friends have, so you can play with them.

If you don't play online, which exclusives appeal to you more?

If you want to play enhanced versions of OG Xbox and 360 games, obviously XboneX is your only option.

Best option: Buy both, that's what I did.
post #15 of 24 Old 11-09-2018, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I own both. The X1X is my main machine and our do everything box in the living room (all streaming video/music and 4K discs, OTA TV) is done on the X. I use my Pro for PS4 exclusives that I want to play and that's it. I just got the Pro with the RDR2 bundle, my first PS in 9 years.

From a multimedia standpoint the X1X is the king imho. It works great with all in one remotes as well. I have the adapter so I can use my Harmony with my PS4 Pro, and shutting it off is anything but clean with the remote. This is a non-gaming complaint, more so having to deal with my wife and kids using the machines.

Even though I'm a MS guy, PS4 has the edge in games with some really good exclusives, even non AAA games, there were enough Metroidvania games for it on top of Uncharted, Horizon, God of War, Nioh, and BloodBorne that I wanted to play. That being said, multiplatform games I play on the X1X no question. I have hated the PS controller since the PSOne, always used a third party. I'm really considering trying out the Hori Onyx right now.

UI is a toss up for me. I think the PS interface is a bit simplified, but they are both cluttered with stuff I don't care about that you can't get rid of. As I mentioned above, it's more difficult to turn off the PS4 for some reason. You can turn off the Xbox without navigating menus, and all in one remotes work out of the box with it.

As other's mentioned, if you like to play games with your friends, and they all have PS4's, seems like a easy choice to make. Live has always had better online in my opinion, but doesn't matter matter much if you don't have anyone to play with. I don't play online for much more than card games so that's a wash for me.

Being a Xbox guy, I have a pretty decent sized digital library of Xbox and 360 games I can now play on my Xbox that just show up in my library when MS makes them compatible.

Comes down to what you'd use it for and personal preferences, both are great machines in my experience.
post #16 of 24 Old 12-17-2018, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i got all of them over time
post #17 of 24 Old 12-26-2018, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 7
xbox has no games.
post #18 of 24 Old 01-08-2019, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 3
All depends on Console specific games. If that is not an issue, PS Pro for sure
post #19 of 24 Old 01-18-2019, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 68
X1X looks way better on my 65A1E OLED.
Love my Pro for exclusives. If a game comes out for both, i choose X-box every time...no brainer.

Sony 65 A1E / Yamaha 1050
PSB Imagine X2T Towers / C Centre / 1B 's Front Presence
Martin Logan Motion 10 (Surrounds)
SVS PB 1000
X-box One X / PS4 Pro w PSVR
post #20 of 24 Old 01-18-2019, 09:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaket81 View Post
Wow, this is a subject I am currently passionate about and I'm glad someone started a thread about it.

I'm going to get one thing clear straight off the bat, the PS4 Pro, or actually any PS4, is a must have. Period. No matter what other platforms you have. I would even go so far as to say a launch PS4 is more valuable than even a One X. For no other reason than the exclusives. The Xbox One (any variant) is currently the ONLY platform in gaming today that has none of its own exclusives. The PS4, Switch and even the PC itself have games that can't be played anywhere else. Before I get called a Sony fanboy or anti-Xbox I will make it clear that I have always owned all 3 consoles (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo), because I never wanted to miss out on a game due to some idiotic stubborn affinity to just one platform, and I do own a One X.

The problem with Xbox now is that Microsoft has put Windows 10 and Xbox under one umbrella, they have made it so the PC gets all the games that Xbox does. The reason this is a problem is because, if you have the money, you can have a PC that has far more power than even the current king of consoles, the One X. I myself am in that situation, my PC far outweighs the graphical prowess of the One X, so I am always going to choose to play on PC. For those that know PC's, mine has a GTX 1080 Ti in it, and from what i know about the One X it isn't even equal to a 1070. I'll also clear up a common misconception about PC. I use a 65" 4K TV with an Xbox One controller. There are way too many people that think you have to be on a tiny monitor with a mouse and keyboard.

Basically, IMO Microsoft has put themselves in a situation where the Xbox platform is no longer competing with the other consoles, it is competing with the PC. If you have the money and the means, then the Xbox platform is in a losing battle.

In other directions, the One X has no VR yet which I am currently obsessed with. I have PSVR and have the PC ones as well. Oh wait, the One X has a 4K blu-ray player? Too bad my stand-alone 4K player has features, that are important to me, that the One X does not have. Basically no matter what direction or angle you're coming from the One X is rendered useless for me.

Don't get me wrong, if you don't like PC because of the upkeep and cost the One X is still a must have, both for the Xbox/Windows exclusives and the multi platform games. But if you're in my position, I would pass on it. Don't make the same mistake I did.

I currently power on my One X for only two reasons, to get the dust moving around or to play backwards compatible games, that's it. BC is another sore spot for me though, they made BC a priority yet popular 1st party games of old have no support still (Mech Assault anyone?). Yes, 1st party which means Microsoft themselves were part of making it, and yes it was popular, but no support even though they have made BC a priority? This I REALLY do not understand. I have been buying Xbox since the beginning and as everyone knows it used to have its own exclusives, why Microsoft decided to change that I will never know. IMO it spits in the face of people (like me) that have always bought Xbox. How are they making money from people buying games on Steam anyway? I don't know about anyone else but even on PC I'm not buying from the Windows store so I don't know how this direction is helping Microsoft.

So in conclusion Xbox is the only platform today that has none of its own games, and I refuse to see that as anything but negative. If you don't have a powerful PC it's great, but if you do it quickly becomes useless. No, not everyone is going to be in my position where everything the One X can do (in all directions) they have found better elsewhere. But that situation simply shouldn't be possible, and NO other platform has that level of vulnerability.
I am in a similar situation. While MS has made strides to repair the damage caused by the confusing messaging of the Xbox one launch. Gamepass and BC are both huge selling points for me as well as the vastly improved visuals (in some cases) for 3rd party games.

They are setting themselves up to be a true threat to Sony in the next gen, but all that aside I still feel as though I am missing out not having a Pro at the moment.

I bought the One X for Christmas and am considering exchanging out for a Pro.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Dr.Shankenstein; 01-18-2019 at 10:01 PM.
post #21 of 24 Old 01-29-2019, 04:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 67
get all 3, I use my Sony ps4 pro for exclusives, and my Nintendo switch for exclusives and games I like on the go. everything else it the Xbox one x. just so you know I been mostly a ps4 guy since we got burned back in the day with Microsoft red ring of death, I never forgave them for that until now. before the red ring of death I was 100% Microsoft, I miss those early days of halo, awesome times, Microsoft just needs one really good exclusive....
post #22 of 24 Old 02-10-2019, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
X. unless you really dont care about graphic fidelity and just want to play games, then Id go pro.
post #23 of 24 Old 03-08-2019, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Usually I recommend whatever your friends have so you can play online with them. If you have no interest in that I'd recommend the PS4 Pro for sony exclusives. Most people I know have either a PS4 or Xbox and if they want more they pick up a Switch.
post #24 of 24 Old 03-15-2019, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked: 822
PS4 Pro has really good exclusives that are worth playing if you are a gamer. If you have a really nice bigscreen 4k/HDR TV then it makes it even more worthwhile. The Xbox one X can squeeze out a little higher resolution in most games and has a slightly sharper image, but the overall graphics and presentation (and framerates) are nearly equivalent in most cases.

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Tags
ps4 , ps4pro , xboxonex

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page