TCL 65" 6 Series 4K TV: Pure HDR Gaming Goodness - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #31 of 34 Old 07-12-2019, 09:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Has anyone done gaming with a 30 FPS game on the TCL? I just got one and the motion looks terrible. I have it in game mode and all the extra processing stuff turned off that was still available. Just looks more choppy than I would expect and seems to have some blurring or something. Hard to explain. I'm using it with a PS4 Pro.
Dr.Shankenstein likes this.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 07-14-2019, 09:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post
Has anyone done gaming with a 30 FPS game on the TCL? I just got one and the motion looks terrible. I have it in game mode and all the extra processing stuff turned off that was still available. Just looks more choppy than I would expect and seems to have some blurring or something. Hard to explain. I'm using it with a PS4 Pro.
Make sure you download the Roku app to be able to use the expert settings, primarily the noise reduction.

Since you are using a high quality source with the pro it isn't needed. The app is the only way to turn it off.

I have noticed with some 3rd party games that are enhanced on the Pro and One X, the Pro looks softer.

It is a game by game basis I have noticed.
Some games are rock solid like God of war and Days gone from a motion standpoint, but motion looks pretty bad on Rage 2 (60hz) and Destiny (30hz).

This could be an engine issue with motion being used to cover up performance huccups.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
post #33 of 34 Old 07-15-2019, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shankenstein View Post
Make sure you download the Roku app to be able to use the expert settings, primarily the noise reduction.

Since you are using a high quality source with the pro it isn't needed. The app is the only way to turn it off.

I have noticed with some 3rd party games that are enhanced on the Pro and One X, the Pro looks softer.

It is a game by game basis I have noticed.
Some games are rock solid like God of war and Days gone from a motion standpoint, but motion looks pretty bad on Rage 2 (60hz) and Destiny (30hz).

This could be an engine issue with motion being used to cover up performance huccups.

Thanks for the input. I have NR turned off through the app. The game I'm playing right now is Dragon Quest XI, which I've read has performance problems so maybe that's it. I also saw the blurring in AC Syndicate.

The blur is weird. It happens when you pan the camera. When it stops it's like it takes a second for the pixels to catch up. I can't really explain it, clearly lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Dr.Shankenstein likes this.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 Old 07-15-2019, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post
Thanks for the input. I have NR turned off through the app. The game I'm playing right now is Dragon Quest XI, which I've read has performance problems so maybe that's it. I also saw the blurring in AC Syndicate.

The blur is weird. It happens when you pan the camera. When it stops it's like it takes a second for the pixels to catch up. I can't really explain it, clearly lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Some modern games employ additional motion blur to hide frame rate issues, you may be seeing that as well.

If there is an option in the game menu to turn it off and see if the issue persist.
Quantum Break on the Xbox has a per pixel motion blur that cause smearing of objects.

At first I thought it was a display issues, but digital foundry pointed it out as an artist decision on Remedy's part.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Tags
r617 , tcl 6 series

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page