Torn between vizio p65 f1 or tcl series 6 65” for gaming mostly - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-29-2019, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Torn between vizio p65 f1 or tcl series 6 65” for gaming mostly

Xbox one x/onkyo tx-nr 555 will be other equipment
Price is pretty much even.

Vizio: main concern is the low input lag port 5 doesnt do hdr. So to play hdr i must use a port that has higher lag (apparently still decent at around 40ms if i recall)

But it is native 120hz (i dont know if im sensitive to motion blur, but kind of afraid since ive been on a 120hz tv last 4-5 yrs)

Tcl: worried about the 60hz, and ive heard rumors the hdmi arc port is also the port with lowest lag, can anyone substantiate this?

But it does pass atmos (atleast dd+ version) and roku sounds great

How does the vizio play on input 1-4, is the lag noticable.
Are chances high that the motion blur will be huge coming from a 120hz history? And lastly, whats the difference of input lag between hdmi 1-2 vs 3arc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-02-2019, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've had the 65" TCL for a couple of weeks now (via Best Buy price match!). Absolutely LOVE this thing. I play Xbox and haven't noticed any problems. You'll see I just posted another thread of my own about wiring advice. I've tried a couple of different configurations. Just trying to figure out which is most convenient & hopefully able to consolidate everything into single Logitech Harmony remote.

Have you played around with rtings.com website? I absolutely wore that thing out when trying to make my final decision. Can just say I've been really happy with the TCL.

My 0.02.

~Vol
post #3 of 6 Old 02-05-2019, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol4Ever View Post
I've had the 65" TCL for a couple of weeks now (via Best Buy price match!). Absolutely LOVE this thing. I play Xbox and haven't noticed any problems. You'll see I just posted another thread of my own about wiring advice. I've tried a couple of different configurations. Just trying to figure out which is most convenient & hopefully able to consolidate everything into single Logitech Harmony remote.

Have you played around with rtings.com website? I absolutely wore that thing out when trying to make my final decision. Can just say I've been really happy with the TCL.

My 0.02.

~Vol
Yes ive been overthinking my decision im sure. My only concern with the TCL is the 60hz and “panel lottery”. How is the motion on it in your opinion. Ive been on a 120hz set for 3-4 yrs now and worried about going back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-05-2019, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I'm not a hard core home theater guy. I've had it long enough now to play games, watch streamed TV, watch sports, watch high definition movies, etc and have bee extremely pleased, BUT this TV was a step up for me from a Samsung that was over 10 years old. I can also say my eyes and ears aren't as discerning as others on this board. I know what looks and sounds good to me, but I probably don't even notice subtle differences that others would. I don't want to be the one to talk you into investing in the TCL, only to find out it indeed is not same quality you are used to. Only 2 pieces of advice:

- rtings.com which I mentioned before. That site has both basic level details all the way down to (ISF?) level color spectrum graphs. I didn't even understand half of what I was looking at, but my main use was reading general text reviews and then going down to the head-to-head feature comparisons

- Best Buy. My local store was set up to stream live channels on alternate inputs in addition to the canned demos. Of course the demos will look good as they are engineered as a sales tool, but it was good to be able to see how actual live video appeared. Most of a given size range are all displayed in the same area so you can literally watch side by side.

Good luck with it. I don't have an unlimited budget, so I spent a ton of time researching. Totally understand the stress level!

~Vol
post #5 of 6 Old 02-10-2019, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Vizio.. but your concerns should be more in playing the "panel lottery", since all panels even from same models can differ dramatically.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-13-2019, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wheaton View Post
Yes ive been overthinking my decision im sure. My only concern with the TCL is the 60hz and “panel lottery”. How is the motion on it in your opinion. Ive been on a 120hz set for 3-4 yrs now and worried about going back.
On consoles, will that even matter considering current gen doesn't do more than 60 fps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page