Question about HDMI inputs ..... - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-17-2019, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Question about HDMI inputs .....

So here's my situation; currently I have a Panasonic GT50 60 inch plasma,I've had it for 6 years or so,still has an amazing picture. Anyways I've been contemplating for a while on upgrading to 4K,and I've always changed my mind last minute,but I think I'm going to go ahead and bite the bullet and go with a TCL 6 series 65" 4K TV. Can't beat the picture quality for the price($900).

Here is where things are cloudy for me........right now I have my Panasonic plasma and I have a Pioneer receiver hooked up to it(VSX-530), I have the receiver hooked up thru HDMI and I have several gaming consoles and my cable box going into the Pioneer receiver instead of being connected thru the HDMI Inputs on the TV. So I'm only using one of my TV's HDMI inputs and that's where my receiver is connected and all my components are going thru my receiver.

If I upgrade to a 4K TV, will this make a difference on my picture quality,or should I connect my receiver to the 4K TV using audio only via fiber wire, and connecting all my gaming consoles and my cable box to the TV directly, using a separate HDMI input for each component? I just didnt know if I leave my set up as is,when I upgrade to the 4K TV if it will downgrade the picture quality to 1080P for all my components going thru the receiver since I'm almost 100% certain that my receiver is only capable of 1080P.

I'm sorry if this comes off as a stupid question as it seems like I already know what the logical answer is,I guess I am just looking for some confirmation that I'm doing it the right way since I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable guy when it comes to AV. Thanks in advance guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-18-2019, 12:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 114
There is no such thing as an HDMI cable with a version number, it's just marketing.

HDMI cables are just standard and high speed, with or without Ethernet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page