XBOX/PS4/Switch Signal Analysis + Optimal XBOX Settings: Color Depth, Space, 4:2:2 - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 33Likes

post #31 of 32 Old 09-26-2019, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by echols8 View Post
I'm having some lip sync issues with 4K movies on my xbox one s using my projector. Any suggestions ?
That unfortunately can be due to a LOT of things. My last TV (an LG) had lip sync issues on all Dolby Vision 24Hz content no matter what I did.

A few things you could look at - I'd try one at a time starting from the top:

- First on XBOX, look under Disc & Blu-ray. Try toggling the "Let my receiver decode audio" check box and seeing if it helps.

- Also, on the XBOX, go into Settings and Audio Output options. I don't know what setup you're running (if you have a receiver and how many speakers), but try the different settings there. Try toggling between Uncompressed (you'll have to choose Stereo, 5.1, or 7.1 depending on your setup) and Bitstream, and see if either helps.

- If you're running an A/V Receiver, those sometimes have Lip Sync features as well. If yours does, try it On and Off. You might need to do different combinations of the above if both are the equation (ie. both On, both Off, and each alternately On and Off).

- See if the projector you're using has an Auto Lip Sync feature. Try it both On and Off and see if it makes a difference.

- If all else fails, both the projector and A/V Receiver may have manual lip sync adjustments. These require a lot of trial and error to set up, and it may vary depending on content, but dialing it in might be worth a try. Try one at a time - you should only need one.

Good luck - let me know how you make out!
MALICIOUS ONE likes this.

Last edited by sgupta; 09-26-2019 at 02:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 09-26-2019, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by echols8 View Post
I'm having some lip sync issues with 4K movies on my xbox one s using my projector. Any suggestions ?
Turned game mode off on my Samsung KS8000. That fixed it for me.
sgupta and MALICIOUS ONE like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page