How can I get losseless and 4k gaming from new pc? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 05-05-2019, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 21
How can I get losseless and 4k gaming from new pc?

So I upgraded my PC and TV. I used to run my old pc hdmi through my receiver into tv. But now with 4k I see my pio doesnt pass through. I plugged the pc hdmi into the tv and its 4k hdr all the way, but I cant get lossless sound, only crappy optical. Any suggestions. My set up:

LG C8
oppo udp 205
Pio VSX-92 TXh
nintendo switch
Brand new PC with all the fixins for 4k hdr, dolby vision.....and what ever else ready. Mostly want to game.

Is it time to upgrade my PIO or can I do some tricks with the oppo?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-05-2019, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post
So I upgraded my PC and TV. I used to run my old pc hdmi through my receiver into tv. But now with 4k I see my pio doesnt pass through. I plugged the pc hdmi into the tv and its 4k hdr all the way, but I cant get lossless sound, only crappy optical. Any suggestions. My set up:

LG C8
oppo udp 205
Pio VSX-92 TXh
nintendo switch
Brand new PC with all the fixins for 4k hdr, dolby vision.....and what ever else ready. Mostly want to game.

Thanks
Oppo in is native 4k. Maybe try PC-->Oppo-->Pio/TV. 205 has 2 HDMI out and 1 in. Use the Vid out for tv, audio out to go to Pio
post #3 of 9 Old 05-06-2019, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam F View Post
Oppo in is native 4k. Maybe try PC-->Oppo-->Pio/TV. 205 has 2 HDMI out and 1 in. Use the Vid out for tv, audio out to go to Pio
OK ill give that a shot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-06-2019, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:

LG C8
oppo udp 205
Pio VSX-92 TXh
nintendo switch

Thanks
If your motherboard has it's own audio you can split audio and video. PC GPU to tv via hdmi/ motherboard audio(hdmi) to avr. You will have to go into sound settings to configure your setup(5.1,etc.). I would suggest this over the oppo because of possible lag.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-06-2019, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlys View Post
If your motherboard has it's own audio you can split audio and video. PC GPU to tv via hdmi/ motherboard audio(hdmi) to avr. You will have to go into sound settings to configure your setup(5.1,etc.). I would suggest this over the oppo because of possible lag.
OK, I had tried that yesterday but couldnt figure out how to get the mobo to output sound
post #6 of 9 Old 05-06-2019, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 525
HDMI can only support ONE Format at a time. UDTV will ALWAYS request STEREO Audio, cuz it only has 2 Internal Speakers....so most HDMI Splitters will only give you STEREO on the Secondary Port. [Or SURROUND on BOTH ports if connect Primary to AVR???]

Most BD/UD-Players solve this problem by providing TWO Independently controlled HDMI Output Ports: Primary goes to UDTV (with STEREO) and Secondary goes to AVR (for Surround, incl. Loss-Less).

You should investigate what is needed software-wise to support TWO Independently Controlled HDMI Output Ports in your PC....

Alternatively, you might want to investigate various HDMI MATRIX SELECTORS to see if you can Input SURROUND (incl. Loss-Less) and pass-thru that format to the AVR and let it automatically "DOWNMIX" to STEREO on the Port connected to UDTV.

Last edited by holl_ands; 05-06-2019 at 02:28 PM.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-06-2019, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

well I hooked it up via the oppo. Played ok at first, then I started getting lag. Also tried to play a game and the game wopuldnt even output video correctly. So thats out. Im gonna do some research on how to output sound from the mobo.....but now its starting to look like I need a new avr.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-06-2019, 08:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Quote:
OK, I had tried that yesterday but couldnt figure out how to get the mobo to output sound
Your motherboard will have specific sound drivers online for your mobo. You need to enable sound via your bios first. Then download drivers... next go to sound properties and enable the correct set up. It will either have the name of your avr or intel. Right click to test and configure.

Yes, I had used this method for years until I purchased a 4k avr to pass through my 4k tv. Whomever says there is an issue between to hdmi outputs not working is incorrect. You can Google this online for a step by step explanation.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-07-2019, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Your motherboard will have specific sound drivers online for your mobo. You need to enable sound via your bios first. Then download drivers... next go to sound properties and enable the correct set up. It will either have the name of your avr or intel. Right click to test and configure.

Yes, I had used this method for years until I purchased a 4k avr to pass through my 4k tv. Whomever says there is an issue between to hdmi outputs not working is incorrect. You can Google this online for a step by step explanation.

Which do you like better and more convenient? im gonna try the mobo sound tonight, before I thibk about a new avr....even tho the Anthem MRX 720 has caught my eye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page