Rgb settings PS4 and Projectors - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-06-2019, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Red face Rgb settings PS4 and Projectors

Hi everyone, new to forums but I thought this would be useful.
If you are stuck with the mind boggling 16-235 and 0-255 settings from PS4 then this is what I have done after tests and communicating with spears and munsil.
The PS4 in game mode ie normal is RGB Full. The Blu Ray section is limited. I understand that there are compensations but stick with me. My projector has both full and limited settings. There are loads of forums on limited vs full so maybe have a read.
Put PS4 to auto and check if your end unit is in sync. One way is PS4 auto then from auto on your display device flick between limited and full. If it does not change on full then great. Same, put PS4 in blu Ray mode do the same if it does not change in limited then thumbs up. Probably have not explained it well. So best thing to do is make a calibration for both limited and full on your projector and tv. Save them to memory. When playing games switch to full and when watching blu Ray switch to limited and your picture will be great.
Again this was tested and you don’t have to make do with washed out or to dark etc. Many forums state that if you use a monitor 255 is the setting but all you need to do is establish if your display is capable. But remember blu rays are 235 so just make a setting for each and save them.
I hope I made sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page