Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-12-2019, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hdmi issue. Help 😳

For the life of me I can't figure out this one... Getting desperate 😬

So I've had the same setup for months now and changed nothing and yet the issue is now mind boggling...

I have an Xbox one X hooked to a pc monitor... That monitor always works just fine. I also have a 25ft Hdmi cable 2.0 that runs from the xbox one x to my Home theater receiver and tv. In the past I've always used this long Hdmi cable to be able to enjoy my xbox one x when I want some badass 5.1 surround... Otherwise when I don't want to wake the kids, I use the pc monitor with a headset...

Lately for some god forsaken reason, the tv says "no Hdmi signal" when I hook up the Hdmi cable.

Here are the things I tried:

- replace the 25ft cable with a new one: check

- unplug replug everything: check

- play with all the video settings of the xbox one : check

- hard reset the xbox one x : check...

The tv doesn't show any Hdmi signal at all anymore... Whereas the pc monitor works fine always....

The problem started a week or 2 ago and seems to be intermittent 85% of the time I have the issue... And sometimes on a good evening, the signal comes back... Perfect, able to play for hours. It seems as though something happens when the Xbox is off...

Please help me trouble shoot this one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-12-2019, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 17
You might want to check your keyboard first :P
post #3 of 3 Old 06-12-2019, 10:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Martin View Post
Hdmi issue. Help
For the life of me I can't figure out this one... Getting desperate

So I've had the same setup for months now and changed nothing and yet the issue is now mind boggling...

I have an Xbox one X hooked to a pc monitor... That monitor always works just fine. I also have a 25ft Hdmi cable 2.0 that runs from the xbox one x to my Home theater receiver and tv. In the past I've always used this long Hdmi cable to be able to enjoy my xbox one x when I want some badass 5.1 surround... Otherwise when I don't want to wake the kids, I use the pc monitor with a headset...

Lately for some god forsaken reason, the tv says "no Hdmi signal" when I hook up the Hdmi cable.

Here are the things I tried:

- replace the 25ft cable with a new one: check

- unplug replug everything: check

- play with all the video settings of the xbox one : check

- hard reset the xbox one x : check...

The tv doesn't show any Hdmi signal at all anymore... Whereas the pc monitor works fine always....

The problem started a week or 2 ago and seems to be intermittent 85% of the time I have the issue... And sometimes on a good evening, the signal comes back... Perfect, able to play for hours. It seems as though something happens when the Xbox is off...

Please help me trouble shoot this one
It seems like you have a keyboard issue where your "s" characters are being replaced by "s" as well as a couple of grimace emoji's not working. I fixed the "s"es and removed the emojis (since there's no exact equivalent here) in your quote to make it more readable for others. I'm not sure what would cause this, though I'd guess something with keyboard language or possibly something with how your web browser is configured.

As far as your XBOX question, a lot of things could be causing this problem, but if I had to guess, it would be the HDMI cable. 25feet is pretty long, and you don't mention quality of the cable. Is there any way you can relocate the XBOX temporarily and try a short cable to see if it makes a difference? If it does, that'll rule out most everything else and you'll know it's a cable issue. You might have to go with a higher quality cable at that distance. If that doesn't fix it, the issue could be with a port.

Since you mention 5.1 sound, it sounds like there might be a receiver in the mix as well. I'd try direct to the TV (just to see if that works) and also through different receiver ports to see if that makes a difference. Make sure both the TV and receiver have HDMI ports set up to take an Enhanced signal (sometimes called something else, depending on equipment brand).

Let us know how it goes (hopefully with the keyboard issue fixed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page