Optimal setup for PC + Xbox + PS4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-04-2019, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Optimal setup for PC + Xbox + PS4

I am about to set up a system that combines a PC, Xbox and PS4 through a receiver. The difficulty is that the PC is connected to 3 monitors and all are 1440P. Here are my 2 solutions, I am wondering if either of these has been proven to be optimal.

Solution 1:

PC is connected to all 3 monitors via displayport.
Receiver is connected to center monitor via HDMI.
Xbox, PS4 and PC are connected to receiver via HDMI.
NVidia CP sets displayport out to video and HDMI out to sound.

Solution 2:

PC, Xbox and PS4 are connected to receiver via HDMI.
Receiver is connected to center monitor via HDMI.
PC is connected to left and right monitor via displayport.

In both setups speakers are connected to the receiver.

The benefit to solution 1 is that there is no potential issue with the OS reading the center monitor incorrectly as the video goes directly to all 3 monitors.
The downside to solution 1 is that there is a need to switch the center monitor between HDMI input and displayport input when switching between Xbox/PS4 (HDMI) and the PC (displayport).

The benefit to solution 2 is that the center monitor is set to HDMI input 100% of the time.
The downside is that the OS could potentially have problems reading the center monitor connected through the receiver.

The monitor are all 3 Acer Predator Z271U bmiphzx 27". The receiver has not been picked out yet but it will need analog outputs for a 5.1 setup, at least 3 HDMI inputs and 4K support.

My second question involves the receiver. Its been a while since I have built something like this and I don't know if things have improved in terms of a PC seeing a monitor correctly through modern receivers.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page