Xbox one S or X for 75” tv? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-05-2019, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Xbox one S or X for 75” tv?

We do a lot of streaming as everyone else does, but I also wanted a 4K Blu-ray player. I realized an Xbox one was the most beneficial option to get both gaming and 4K Blu-ray. So, I got an S while on the Black Friday deal for $199. However, I also ended up getting a 75” 4K HDR TV while I was at it to replace my 55” TCL 4K Tv for my main tv. Now, I’m wondering if the S will look ok on a screen that big. I can’t seem to find much info on this situation, so maybe it isn’t a big deal. I need to know if the S will still look ok on a screen that big, or if I need to move to an X. I don’t want to really, but I don’t want to be stuck with subpar gaming image.

I know one Youtuber was commenting on having an ps4 and quit playing it because it looked too blurry on his new 75” sony 4k tv after getting an xbox one x until his girlfriend bought a ps4pro. He said he wont even bother with a Switch because it will look too blurry on his screen. I think the switch does 1080p.

I found one other video with a man using an S on a 65” and it looked great. He said it looked good upscaled. I’m just not sure what in the world to do.

I’m also worried the 75” will be too big in general Lol. It’s coming tomorrow, but I can’t test the xbox until christmas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-05-2019, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1302 Post(s)
Liked: 1046
You'll enjoy the X more

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
post #3 of 3 Old 12-05-2019, 10:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Quoted: 2958 Post(s)
Liked: 3044
Honestly, I’d return the Xbox, pick up a PS4 Pro and just buy a separate UHD Blu-ray player.

But if you’re sold on the Xbox brand I’d definitely recommend the X at this point— especially if you can score one on sale. The next generation consoles are right around the corner so it might be tempting to stick with the cheaper console but IMO the S is really outclassed right now. Even the base PS4 Slim runs circles around it.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page