post #1 of 2 Old 05-15-2020, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1239 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Passing Audio only to AVR???

Hey guys,
I have GTX 1080TI in my PC which I have directly connected to my TV via HDMI. TV is connected to AVR via HDMI ARC. This setup sends audio from my PC as as stereo and therefore my 5.1 system ends up being 2.1 system. If I connect PC to AVR instead then I do get 5.1 but then I end up loosing HDR on my game since my AVR doesn't pass thru HDR.

Is there a good solution to this? Blu ray players have two output and that solves the problem nicely but my video card (GTX 1080TI) deesn't have that. What are my options?

Thx.

For Sale (2 Mini Marty with UXL Drivers)" https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-a...arty-2-nj.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-19-2020, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I think your only real option is to upgrade the AVR to something that passes HDR signals (I feel that pain, I had to do that as well). In the mean time, use your receivers DSP's to invoke DTS or Prologic to get faux 5.1+. On the upside, you can get reasonable AVR's refurbished that pass HDR for a few hundred bucks now unless you're trying to drive some super bespoke speakers at 150wpc or something......good luck.

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page